Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 744
# 911
04-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilv View Post
Romulans picking sides makes perfect sense if you consider the fact that the Romulan story is meant to be a prequel to the events in New Romulus. In New Romulus, Romulans ARE clearly working with the Feds and KDF.
The problem is that D'Tan's Romulans, while working with the Feds and KDF, are only ONE of SEVERAL Romulan factions. And they are NOT the Romulans of the shows. We should be given a choice of Romulan factions.
Join Date: July 29 2008
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 335
# 912
04-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by endo13 View Post
Also this may help get more players on KDF side which is a good thing IMO.
More likely people choosing to go with the Feds then with the KDF.

Some people are going to get their jollies with a Rom Captain flying a Connie or an Ambassador

If they weren't going to make them a full faction, then at least having 1 full faction and 1 kinda faction, would have helped the KDF more by the Roms having to join them.

Still another bonehead maneuver by Cryptic. Feds, want to be Feds, Klinks want to be Klinks and I am sure that the Rommies would prefer to be Rommies. 3 Full Factions...

Still not sure where Cryptic thinks it going to make it's money from the Roms. If they cannot make money from the Klinks, then what major cash is the Rommies going to bring in?

If 80%+ Still play Feds, why not put all it's resources into creating new systems, new massive content and actual things for people to do, instead of just grind, grind and grind, with now a new "sub" faction added which really is just more grind in green.

Now Rommies can play some of their own missions. Scan 5 of this and kill 5 of that.
Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 714
# 913
04-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomace View Post
More likely people choosing to go with the Feds then with the KDF.

Some people are going to get their jollies with a Rom Captain flying a Connie or an Ambassador

If they weren't going to make them a full faction, then at least having 1 full faction and 1 kinda faction, would have helped the KDF more by the Roms having to join them.

Still another bonehead maneuver by Cryptic. Feds, want to be Feds, Klinks want to be Klinks and I am sure that the Rommies would prefer to be Rommies. 3 Full Factions...

Still not sure where Cryptic thinks it going to make it's money from the Roms. If they cannot make money from the Klinks, then what major cash is the Rommies going to bring in?

If 80%+ Still play Feds, why not put all it's resources into creating new systems, new massive content and actual things for people to do, instead of just grind, grind and grind, with now a new "sub" faction added which really is just more grind in green.

Now Rommies can play some of their own missions. Scan 5 of this and kill 5 of that.
can you imagine this... 80%+ are feds already. less than 20% are kdf. they all make romulans and they stay with the side they are already with. that just wont help even numbers out it will keep things the same. if you want to spread the player base % so it's not so extremely 1 sided your better having roms standing alone. most romulans in hiding are playing feds.

Last edited by wazzagiow; 04-01-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Ensign
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 15
# 914
04-01-2013, 03:34 PM
The policy of Cryptic has changed a lot.
In the old good days there were engineering reports from Dstahl who informed us of the newest speculations of their ideas. The community was always part of the team. We had time to give feedback. Okay something was really pure speculation, but still i have felt cryptic was with us all the time. I miss these days.

Now they are working in secret and only blogs of the devs for features already implemented. No Participation of the users. No sign what will be implemented in the future.

Democracy includes protests and the defending of our own thinking.

Your Reaction was like "Love it or Leave it"...I like Sto and respect and love you guys for doing a great job....but this is not a proper communciation...sorry

and again folks

sorry for my bad english(but i will improve hopefully =
Captain
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 688
# 915
04-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryhausen View Post
Giving us all the content of the new faction, even if it is only one race and six ships as you suggest, for free is an extremely generous free-to-play philosophy. Turbine charges significant money for this kind of new content, and then tiers it out so to get the real 'goodies' you want for your character you have to spend really healthy amounts. Even games like DCUO charge money for packs like this. And Remans are unlockable without spending a dime.

Heck, so far at least, Cryptic is being a lot more generous with this expansion than they are with Neverwinter Founders Packs.
Turbine charges far less than Cryptic does for comparable wares and Turbine's qualify as "gold master" not "pay to beta".
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 714
# 916
04-01-2013, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakimpar View Post
The policy of Cryptic has changed a lot.
In the old good days there were engineering reports from Dstahl who informed us of the newest speculations of their ideas. The community was always part of the team. We had time to give feedback. Okay something was really pure speculation, but still i have felt cryptic was with us all the time. I miss these days.

Now they are working in secret and only blogs of the devs for features already implemented. No Participation of the users. No sign what will be implemented in the future.

Democracy includes protests and the defending of our own thinking.

Your Reaction was like "Love it or Leave it"...I like Sto and respect and love you guys for doing a great job....but this is not a proper communciation...sorry

and again folks

sorry for my bad english(but i will improve hopefully =
your doing a great job if you ask me
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 867
# 917
04-01-2013, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
thers an easy way to stop this while keeping the grind as u call it removed dilthium from starbases a move that no one will mind starting a new base
Sadly, I don't think they're ever going to do that.

Call me a cynic, but I think there are two ulterior motives at play here.

1. To obtain significant amounts of Dilthium for free, you have to spend a lot of time ingame mining it, running STFs or whatever else it is you do to acculumate vast quantities of this material.

And the uses for it are so numerous, you have to pay in Dilithium for crafting, Starbase Requistions, Starbase and Embassy Projects, the Dil Store, Rep gear projects, and so on.


So what you're doing is essentially logging hours not doing much at all.
Which looks good, because Cryptic can say players are spending X time online in our game.
And not mention the fact that time is spent doing barely anything practical.

2. Money.

Should you not want to invest massive amounts of time in farming Dilithium, you are given the option to buy it.
To do so, you have to buy C-Points to convert to Zen.
Which puts money in their pockets.
And given that the Dil exchange has not yet returned to it's normal value, this is currently more costly then it should be.

I know personally I am buying less Dil now since I can't afford to keep injecting it into it's various uses, it's just getting too expensive.


So, given the above conditions, it's highly unlikely that Dilithium will be minimized.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 886
# 918
04-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakimpar View Post
The policy of Cryptic has changed a lot.
In the old good days there were engineering reports from Dstahl who informed us of the newest speculations of their ideas. The community was always part of the team. We had time to give feedback. Okay something was really pure speculation, but still i have felt cryptic was with us all the time. I miss these days.

Now they are working in secret and only blogs of the devs for features already implemented. No Participation of the users. No sign what will be implemented in the future.

Democracy includes protests and the defending of our own thinking.

Your Reaction was like "Love it or Leave it"...I like Sto and respect and love you guys for doing a great job....but this is not a proper communciation...sorry

and again folks

sorry for my bad english(but i will improve hopefully =
The bold part says it all.

People, you need to realize something. This is a game, not a democracy. If you want to use real world analogies. It is an aristocracy, where a privilege few make decisions for the masses, in this case the devs.

Yes, ideally the devs take the consumers in mind in all decisions they make. But any thought you have that you some how get or are entitled to a vote in the direction of a game is false. Cryptic is a company, no more no less. They will do what is best for the company and the product. Your opinions are largely irrelevant in the process.
Ensign
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 15
# 919
04-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
The bold part says it all.

People, you need to realize something. This is a game, not a democracy. If you want to use real world analogies. It is an aristocracy, where a privilege few make decisions for the masses, in this case the devs.

Yes, ideally the devs take the consumers in mind in all decisions they make. But any thought you have that you some how get or are entitled to a vote in the direction of a game is false. Cryptic is a company, no more no less. They will do what is best for the company and the product. Your opinions are largely irrelevant in the process.
I have made my MBA. Not companies decides what is profitable the customer decides. Good and succesful companies always includes key users in the research and development process. It is the most succesfull advantage of good companies. If opinions are irrelevant why should the game companies do betas. Only for testing how the features will be liked by us.

We have the money...We are the basis of the game....sto is not an isle of devs.

I was a player from the start of sto(i created today a new pw account because of technical problems...this was my first of day writing in the forums because it really upsets to see that our opinion is declared to be irrelevant)

My opinion is worth to be heard....just that i am disappointed ....doesn't mean that i am againts cryptic.....i have children myself and sometimes i critisize them because i want them to better humans...love and criticism is both possible...the world is grey and not black and white
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,926
# 920
04-01-2013, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakimpar View Post
I have made my MBA. Not companies decides what is profitable the customer decides. Good and succesful companies always includes key users in the research and development process. It is the most succesfull advantage of good companies. If opinions are irrelevant why should the game companies do betas. Only for testing how the features will be liked by us.

We have the money...We are the basis of the game....sto is not an isle of devs.

I was a player from the start of sto(i created today a new pw account because of technical problems...this was my first of day writing in the forums because it really upsets to see that our opinion is declared to be irrelevant)

My opinion is worth to be heard....just that i am disappointed ....doesn't mean that i am againts cryptic.....i have children myself and sometimes i critisize them because i want them to better humans...love and criticism is both possible...the world is grey and not black and white
You can influence Cryptic by spending on zen on features you like, and features you dislike.

Stupid example: If you like KDF ships, and want more KDF ships but not Fed ones, then you should buy a lot of KDF C-store ships, but no Federation ones.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:28 PM.