Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Commander
# 31
03-30-2013, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
Because the most advanced Fed fleets are actually at 80% or more capacity (400+ players) and can't take on the Romulans coming. A change in fleet cap or some other setting would obviously alter this equation.
Well kdf fleets are getting close to capping number too even if they are not T5.My kdf fleet haven't reached t4 yet but the number is close to 500 for example.

This new influx of players, if the fleet capping number remains 500, means that most of new players will have to start from zero and make new fed/kdf fleets.
It is very good for Cryptic and bad for players so I hope existing fleets cap limit will be doubled so new romulan chars can join existing fleets.
Audiater et altera pars
"They gave away your leech, the only 5 tac console ship you have has a turn rate of 5, all of the Romulan ships have battle cloak and dont suffer the hull strength reduction of the BOPs."
Empire Veteran
# 32
03-30-2013, 05:47 AM
I run a KDF fleet and we have less than a dozen accounts/players, probably closer to 8 to be honest. We are only nearing Tier 1. Most of the fleet is filled with alts, and most players aren't all that active on the KDF side and so only a couple of us really work on it. But with the resources we have already devoted to the fleet has forced us to remain committed.

So with all that I am in a way hoping they don't raise the fleet cap in the hope many of these Rom alt's will be searching for smaller fleets to join, fleets not packed out and want to easily be able to get a large number of fleet credits and opportunity to rise within the smaller fleets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Captain
# 33
03-30-2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Because the most advanced Fed fleets are actually at 80% or more capacity (400+ players) and can't take on the Romulans coming. A change in fleet cap or some other setting would obviously alter this equation.
Kick some of your alts from the fleet to make room for your green blooded brothers in arms.
Captain
# 34
03-30-2013, 09:39 AM
Whether I choose to play a Rom as KDF will depend entirely on how many Missions the Roms have - as well as whether or not the KDF get any new Missions. I already did my 6-50 grind on one KDF. I have no desire to do it again on a ROM. So if I can play a Rom and have enough Rom and KDF Missions to get to 50 without needing to endlessly grind warzones and the like then sure, I will gladly play the KDF side again.

As a non-PvPer I don't really care about the KDF ships/gear compared to the Fed ships/gear. I can take my free T5 with blue gear into an Elite STF and generally do about as well as someone with maxed-out purples in a 10-console ship. It's not as though the difference between "free and blue" and "C-Store and purple" has ever led me to fail and Elite STF or miss the bonus.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 35
04-01-2013, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Kick some of your alts from the fleet to make room for your green blooded brothers in arms.
And what of the fleets who *have* no alts in their fleets?

Or were you actually suggesting people just kick Fed alts to allow Romulan alts, even though that won't come close to giving everyone a chance to play with their fleetmates?
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Starfleet Veteran
# 36
04-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Quote:
And what of the fleets who *have* no alts in their fleets?

Or were you actually suggesting people just kick Fed alts to allow Romulan alts, even though that won't come close to giving everyone a chance to play with their fleetmates?
Make an alt fleet. I know of a few people who run multiple fleets building them all up. Then they shuffle people around as needed. I know of one group that has 10 fleets with the main almost at t5. A few of the alternate fleets are even up past t3. It just takes a lot of organizing.
Career Officer
# 37
04-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Make an alt fleet. I know of a few people who run multiple fleets building them all up. Then they shuffle people around as needed. I know of one group that has 10 fleets with the main almost at t5. A few of the alternate fleets are even up past t3. It just takes a lot of organizing.
Yeah, no. I think there'd be a lot of outrage if Cryptic expects that to be the status quo for all large fleets.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Career Officer
# 38
04-01-2013, 02:43 PM
As someone who is looking to put my fed toon away and play my Romulan full-time:

I have to say that if the KDF is serious about courting Romulan players to their side they need to step up recruitment in places like the general forums and even the new Romulan recruitment forums.

In both I see several instances of Federation fleets and players giving prospective Romulan players options. In the recruitment section I have seen MAYBE one KDF group that is stating they WANT prospective Romulan players in their fleet. The others are either federation threads or federation primaries with KDF alt fleets.

As a person who is VERY interested in going from Federation to KDF with my new Romulan main It appears there is not much interest in recruiting them from the KDF side.

This isn'ta criticism but rather some feedback. If the KDF side wants to grow their ranks with new allies you need to let federation players who are rolling new Romulan mains you are interested.
Captain
# 39
04-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
^^ THIS. I mean, it's really the most sensible option. Stick with the fleet you're already invested in. Or join a fleet that's already where you want to be. That's overwhelmingly the fed side. It's the easy path. For devs and players.
True. But even if 70% of the new romulans go federation, this means 30% goes Klingon and the Klingons are given a kiss of life.
Captain
# 40
04-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Yeah, no. I think there'd be a lot of outrage if Cryptic expects that to be the status quo for all large fleets.
Cryptic already told you what the status quo was. I mean, really, you're trying to convince me you have 500 separate people in your fleet with zero alts? I don't buy that. Neither should anyone here in the Klingon sub forums.