Commander
# 1 No new KDF content yet?
04-01-2013, 02:55 PM
I kept hearing we would see a new C-store KDF ship, but all we got was the KDF version of the Feds' anniversary ship. So, I took a break.

A couple months later, I stick my head in the door, and...still no new KDF ships/content.

When will it be worthwhile to come back, Cryptic? I'm out of stuff to do on my Gorn, and am completely bored. Your accounting department could tell you I have no problem spending money on your game when you add KDF content, and I doubt I am alone.

And no, I don't care about playable Romulans.
Career Officer
# 2
04-01-2013, 02:59 PM
In May Klinks are getting a revamp. Part of that means you can roll a Klink character from level 1, just like the Fed and now, new Rom. Whether there will be new ships, etc... remains to be seen.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Commander
# 3
04-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugspatteredjack View Post
In May Klinks are getting a revamp. Part of that means you can roll a Klink character from level 1, just like the Fed and now, new Rom. Whether there will be new ships, etc... remains to be seen.
While that's cool and all, I already have 3 Gorn at max level, with no desire to create a fourth from scratch; I'm waiting for end-game KDF content.
Commander
# 4
04-01-2013, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aethon3050 View Post
While that's cool and all, I already have 3 Gorn at max level, with no desire to create a fourth from scratch; I'm waiting for end-game KDF content.
Like what? A new ship? You got one in February... which you didn't like. What would satisfy?
Career Officer
# 5
04-01-2013, 04:06 PM
Quote:
End-game content is faction-neutral by intention.
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Commander
# 6
04-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishkin View Post
Like what? A new ship? You got one in February... which you didn't like. What would satisfy?
And the Feds got 4 ships in February, at least one of which is actually quite useful.

A ship that isn't largely useless would be nice. Or maybe even a second ship, since we would still have half the new ships the Feds got.
Commander
# 7
04-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Quote:
And the Feds got 4 ships in February, at least one of which is actually quite useful.
Actually, if you're going to use that metric, the KDF got two and the Feds got five. In practice, the KDF got one and the UFP got two, each with its own variants. Oh well.

Quote:
A ship that isn't largely useless would be nice. Or maybe even a second ship, since we would still have half the new ships the Feds got.
If you got another C-store ship, you'd have basically the same as the Feds. Is that what you want? Just another random ship you might not buy?
Commander
# 8
04-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Actually, if you're going to use that metric, the KDF got two and the Feds got five. In practice, the KDF got one and the UFP got two, each with its own variants. Oh well.
I'm talking fleet ships and C-store ships, not the 9-console ships with no special abilities to make up for the lack of a 10th console (or even a special ability AND a 10th console).

Quote:
If you got another C-store ship, you'd have basically the same as the Feds. Is that what you want? Just another random ship you might not buy?
I've bought a ton of the Fed C-store ships, and used them rather frequently back when I played Feds a lot. All I'm asking, though, is for the ships they told us were coming...like that Negh'var refit they talked about. It amazes me how long it takes them to turn out new ships, especially since they're borked on release half the time.

Last edited by aethon3050; 04-01-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 9
04-01-2013, 10:56 PM
the end game is borg, accolades hunting and fleet starbase.
How to really behave in online forums with developers

Empire Veteran
# 10
04-02-2013, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjunior View Post
End-game content is faction-neutral by intention.
I would love some KDF themed STFs that focused on the Undine.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.