Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 41
04-01-2013, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Cryptic already told you what the status quo was. I mean, really, you're trying to convince me you have 500 separate people in your fleet with zero alts? I don't buy that. Neither should anyone here in the Klingon sub forums.
My Fed fleet has an open alt policy and there are 380 unique accounts in it (for 500 characters). My KDF fleet has the same policy and there are 338 unique accounts in it. There are a number of fleets with very strict alt policies that *are* at or near capacity already. Go talk to these Fed megafleets (i.e. 400-500 members) and see for yourself what their situation is: 1st Starfleet Germany, 44th Fleet, Access Denied, Ausmonauts, -Battle Group Judge-, Battle Group M.A.C.O., Borg Syndicate, Fed Alliance Fleet, Federation Deepspace Operations, Flotta Stellare Italiana, Fubar Inc, Guardians of Equestria, Inner Circle, Kodiak Legion, LaFamilia, Orion.Empire., Pride of the Federation, Proteus, REDdit Alert, S.O.B., Shadow Force, SSOG, Starfleet M.A.C.O., Starfleet Medical Command, Stonewall Fleet, UFP.

And yes, there are also several very large KDF fleets that will have similar issues.

Cryptic has said in the past they weren't going to raise the fleet cap, but obviously this news should merit that they relook at the policy since they want to significantly raise the number of characters on both the Fed and KDF side.

There are a number of possible solutions that come to mind: raise fleet cap (say to 1000), give a separate fleet cap for Romulan faction (500), or change it to 500 accounts regardless of alts.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18745 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)

Last edited by phyrexianhero; 04-01-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Captain
# 42
04-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
My Fed fleet has an open alt policy and there are 380 unique accounts in it (for 500 characters).
Problem solved. You guys have more than enough room to accommodate Romulan alts. In either fleet. Glad I could help sort it out for you.
Career Officer
# 43
04-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Problem solved. You guys have more than enough room to accommodate Romulan alts. In either fleet. Glad I could help sort it out for you.
I can see you're not really interested in the issues I raised, since time and again you respond as if it's a particular problem and not a general one.

Though under this "logic" a fleet with 500 unique accounts doesn't have a problem with the cap either since you're obfuscation suggests you can just keep making more fleets and have everyone rotate around as needed.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18745 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content

Last edited by phyrexianhero; 04-01-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Captain
# 44
04-01-2013, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
I can see you're not really interested in the issues I raised, since time and again you respond as if it's a particular problem and not a general one.
It's not a general problem. It's a very particular problem. And your particular situation has a solution that's already been offered in this very thread. You can easily manage space for your fleets' Romulans. Without losing any functionality. Just need to have someone on the ball knowing names of alts to swap in and out as needed.

Quote:
Though under this "logic" a fleet with 500 unique accounts doesn't have a problem with the cap either since you're obfuscation suggests you can just keep making more fleets and have everyone rotate around as needed.
If we can find an actual fleet that has 500 unique accounts we can address their particular issues on a case by case basis.

I'm of the opinion such a fleet doesn't exist.

Most fleets are comfortably within the fleet maximum members cap. In fact, judging by the amount of complaint threads about "smaller" fleets that populate these forums, one might think there's quite a few fleets out there that could use some new blood, Romulan green or otherwise.
Career Officer
# 45
04-01-2013, 06:19 PM
Quote:
It's not a general problem. It's a very particular problem. And your particular situation has a solution that's already been offered in this very thread. You can easily manage space for your fleets' Romulans. Without losing any functionality. Just need to have someone on the ball knowing names of alts to swap in and out as needed.

If we can find an actual fleet that has 500 unique accounts we can address their particular issues on a case by case basis.

I'm of the opinion such a fleet doesn't exist.
A very particular problem, eh? I had just listed over 2 dozen fleets with 400-500 members on one faction alone -- and knowing that many have strict alt policies it's extremely likely many of them have upper 400 unique accounts in the fleet.

DStahl's Ask Cryptic was directly in reference to such fleets: "Now that many established Fleets are finishing their Tier 5 Starbases, we expect to see established guilds enticing all the New Romulans to join their cause in exchange for access to the best ships and gear the ally can offer." Not to start anew, not to join some Tier 1 fleet with 5 members, but to join their friends they've already been playing with for months or years without having to swap alts constantly to be in the same fleet.

Last edited by phyrexianhero; 04-01-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 46
04-01-2013, 07:13 PM
fleet cap is 500 characters? Thats plenty generous..
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Captain
# 47
04-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
fleet cap is 500 characters? Thats plenty generous..
House of Beautiful Orions has a constant running maxed out at 500 - usually with a waiting list.

400+ are individual players

How will this work? the situation is that you are not on for 60 days you get kicked. When the new monthly kick happens its less than 10 people - so that means 400 active members - active all the time.

35 days till it has the first T5 KDF shipyard in the game - think anyone will be leaving? I don't think so.

So does that mean no Romulans in the fleet? Or kick out KDF players?

The cap must be increased - or at bare min - should be based on # of accounts and not alts
Commander
# 48
04-01-2013, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
House of Beautiful Orions has a constant running maxed out at 500 - usually with a waiting list.

How will this work? the situation is that you are not on for 60 days you get kicked. When the new monthly kick happens its less than 10 people - so that means 400 active members - active all the time.

35 days till it has the first T5 KDF shipyard in the game - think anyone will be leaving? I don't think so.

The cap must be increased - or at bare min - should be based on # of accounts and not alts
Start a new starbase, then.
Career Officer
# 49
04-01-2013, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krovan View Post
The benefit for the Klingons is that the bulk of romluan players are either going to be ex feds, or people that don't have interest in the federation in the first place.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the vast majority of Romulan captains are going to be alts of existing fed and KDF players. While some will indeed choose to go to the other faction to see what's what and if the grass is greener while simultaneously experiencing the first substantial brand new story content in forever, most will probably stick to their main's factions.

This will likely be the case for Feds in particular since by now most fed players have rolled one, or two, or a few KDF farmer alts and through those already experienced what content the KDF has to offer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
....you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
However, I think with regard to the Romulan Republic player characters/npcs, it all comes down to a finite point:

These are not the Romulans from the shows.
Career Officer
# 50
04-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post

Exactly! I'm glad there's a few people in the thread who are approaching the issue in a serious manner. As I said at the top of the page, there's a number of very suitable options: add more slots for fleet members, add Romulan faction only slots to fleets, or make it by account instead of character.