Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Commander
# 51
04-01-2013, 08:30 PM
The problem is that that only exacerbates the small fleet 'problem'.
Career Officer
# 52
04-01-2013, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishkin View Post
The problem is that that only exacerbates the small fleet 'problem'.
Not really: DStahl specifically addressed small fleets in Ask Cryptic and said they'll be getting some help soon:

Quote:
Q: (azurianstar) Are you still considering scaling down Dilithium Costs or creating an alliance/co-op system to help small fleets advance their Starbases?

Dstahl: Yes, we are and plan to address small Fleet project challenges and will release more information about it closer to the May release.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Commander
# 53
04-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
Not really: DStahl specifically addressed small fleets in Ask Cryptic and said they'll be getting some help soon:
This is an alliance system that helps small fleets!
Republic Veteran
# 54
04-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
It will get worse, as the Rommie-Fed hybrids are going to outnumber Rommie-KDF just as much as Fed vs KDF now. And they will all be looking for KDF to shoot.

People who only play Fed will naturally choose Fed. Its where their fleets and friends are. Its where their C-Store ships and consoles are.
This. It would have been to the KDFs advantage to not have an ally system and to make Romulans start from scratch with their own fleets and starbases, then use them to fill queues.

As it is now even brand new Romulan players would be better off joining Fed because there is just more Fed fleets with more starbases and more ships with consoles.
Captain
# 55
04-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Quote:
hahahahahahahahahaah.

You're in the Klingon Gameplay Subforum. And telling the folks who hang out in the Klingon Gameplay Subforum that DStahl has made a promise that a problem will be addressed ... get this ... "SOON!"

I need a minute ...
Career Officer
# 56
04-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
And telling the folks who hang out in the Klingon Gameplay Subforum that DStahl has made a promise that a problem will be addressed ... get this ... "SOON!"
I know you were just kidding around, but just in case someone mistakes that for a serious post: Stahl was specifically referring to May 21...y'know, the expansion that's exactly 7 weeks away today.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)

Last edited by phyrexianhero; 04-01-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 57
04-02-2013, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulfrustriple View Post
I boil my concern about your conclusion to this: Why would a New Romulan join a KDF fleet when KDF fleets are not as far along in progression as Fed fleets? They can get better tier things more easily on Fed side than KDF. House of Beautiful Orion's might get interest, but why would anyone join a tier 1-4 KDF fleet? I see little motivation or incentive, so the likely result will be to join their existing FED fleet and enjoy the hard work they already invested.

Just my view. Who knows. Things change.
upside down heroin melting spoon fliers!
Survivor of Romulus
# 58
04-04-2013, 06:07 PM
I see this mostly as a backhanded way to give the federation more cloaking ships than the Gal-X and Defiant Retrofit..... so be prepared my Klingon Brothers and Sisters the feds will have the cloaking device soon even if its not a federation ship using them....
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Lt. Commander
# 59
04-04-2013, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoriansrus View Post
I see this mostly as a backhanded way to give the federation more cloaking ships than the Gal-X and Defiant Retrofit..... so be prepared my Klingon Brothers and Sisters the feds will have the cloaking device soon even if its not a federation ship using them....
Good maybe that get fed players to stop hiding in FvF queues and come out and fight the Klingons and their Romulan underlings.
Career Officer
# 60
04-05-2013, 01:55 AM
Quote:
I know you were just kidding around, but just in case someone mistakes that for a serious post: Stahl was specifically referring to May 21...y'know, the expansion that's exactly 7 weeks away today.
Until it hits holodeck assume anything is vaporware. And even then nothing is above being taken out to be fixed and never get put back in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
....you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
However, I think with regard to the Romulan Republic player characters/npcs, it all comes down to a finite point:

These are not the Romulans from the shows.