Career Officer
# 1 Help! Husband can't login.
03-29-2013, 01:23 PM
Well my husband downloaded the game from Steam he's had a cryptic account for some time now. It naturally told him to change his account to PWE by linking his account. So he went to the system and did that. No luck. Could not login, the thing acted like it was stuck in a feedback loop asking him over and over to do that.

So he did twice more. Still no luck.

Basically he cannot login because every time he tries to from the steam version the game shuts him out opens the window to link his cryptic account with the PWE system 100% of the time.

Is the code for the steam download different then the standard direct download preventing him from logging in or something?

It's been easily a month since he sent a ticket in to support and no one's replied to it.
I would like for the devs to open a poll/feedback thread on what exactly the players would like to see in the near future for the game.
Career Officer
# 2
03-30-2013, 10:56 AM
/bump

Anyone else experience this problem or can lend some info on what to do?

Support folk at cryptic is anyone on here listening?
I would like for the devs to open a poll/feedback thread on what exactly the players would like to see in the near future for the game.
Career Officer
# 3
03-30-2013, 11:59 AM
A few months back I purchased an item off of Steam that required me to actually download and play the game via Steam. Although many say I didn't have to, I could have simply inputted the key into the regular game I had already downloaded. Nevertheless, before downloading the Steam version I actually removed the original copy from my computer altogether. Thus, perhaps the problem lies with your husband trying to use the key on the regular download when in fact removing and downloading the Steam version itself might solve the issue?! I can say that the original version of the game took forever to download whereas the Steam version was merely under and hour. It may be worth a shot.

Otherwise it could be an operating system error (software). The game works on my laptop but not my desk top. When activated on the latter it shuts down intermittently. Thus, it may be something conflicting with another software on your existing computer. Sorry this isn't more specific or technical but I am not a computer genius and hence, why your getting straight forward solutions that may work. Hope it gets resolved soon.

BSJ
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Commander
# 4
03-30-2013, 02:09 PM
hi. glad to see youre supporting your husband's sto addiction. i would suggest trying to manually link the cryptic account with a new or old pwe account via the steps from this faq here. you know how it is over at cryptic. stuff is always buggy. i would suggest using firefox or internet explorer. make sure you get a solid confirmation that your account is linked and then try logging in with the new login information. hope this helps.
Career Officer
# 5
03-30-2013, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsharpex View Post
hi. glad to see youre supporting your husband's sto addiction. i would suggest trying to manually link the cryptic account with a new or old pwe account via the steps from this faq here. you know how it is over at cryptic. stuff is always buggy. i would suggest using firefox or internet explorer. make sure you get a solid confirmation that your account is linked and then try logging in with the new login information. hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply. While linking the accounts out of the three times. the final time we used the internet explorer because we couldn't get it to take despite it's messages to us that it did on the browsers we were using (used three of them, chrome, safari and the newest version of IE).

I will definitely check out the faqs tho thanks!
Commander
# 6
03-30-2013, 09:20 PM
if your account is successfully linked, you should be able to go here: https://my.perfectworld.com/account/sto and see all your activated goodies under activated features. say, if you had the code for a DDE (digital deluxe edition) or a lifetime subscription.

log in with your new PWE account. if it still doesn't work, you're going to need to get in touch with support. yuck. as it'll be an issue on their side. best of luck to you and your husband.
Career Officer
# 7
03-30-2013, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1tigglet View Post
Thanks for the reply. While linking the accounts out of the three times. the final time we used the internet explorer because we couldn't get it to take despite it's messages to us that it did on the browsers we were using (used three of them, chrome, safari and the newest version of IE).

I will definitely check out the faqs tho thanks!
Oh yea... Everything STO related (PWE related even) should be done through IE... Their webdevelopers seem to not be able to make things such as their forums fully compatible with other browsers.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Career Officer
# 8
04-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Currently trying out his passwords on the new site linked.

@anazonda

Been trying to reach you via another thread so here goes. This is off topic but I just gotta know. Where did you make your forum signature at?

I've been googledigging but haven't found one that gives the option of mini images next to lines of text.

thanks.