Empire Veteran
# 171
04-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Yeah there are a lot of engineering and science kits that need to be revamped because of their debatable view of being near or absolutely worthless.
Lt. Commander
# 172
04-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
All kit powers will be included in this review pass.
Will this review pass also address the ultra-rare Romulan kits? I'm not going to buy a Mk XII kit until the Plasma Grenade IV has better stats than my current Plasma Grenade III:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=536091
Captain
# 173
04-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Great to see those fixes coming.

Keep the goodwork guys.
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Career Officer
# 174
04-01-2013, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnharrisonlol View Post
Yep mentioned that a few posts ago and yes easiest fix would be putting the equip diag power to place the player on red alert. Bt the time red alert is over the player will have lost over half is firepower buff time. In any case the process would be so much slower and he would be hurting his team by doing little fighting.
Not sure how much of a solution that really is tho.. if you activate target optics it puts you in red alert.. that red alert however is only 3 seconds long, the one you want to happen would have to be a real red-alert at least.

That still wouldn't be much of a solution to science player's buffing nanite health monitors from different kits tho.

In space when you buff someone with a healing ability and switch the boff after it the healing ability is canceled i wonder if the same could be done for ground.

Maybe switching a kit should generally put all the abilities from the kit on a full cooldown in the beginning, but even that would still present some benefits (like doing nhm then switching physicist), so canceling buffs is something that may be still needed in some way.
___
Tami, Leader of -FS-
Commander
# 175
04-01-2013, 05:23 PM
Otha needs to be remastered into an adventure zone that rivels new Romulus and will act as our territory control!
Captain
# 176
04-02-2013, 03:02 PM
Thread updated.
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Captain
# 177
04-02-2013, 04:21 PM
I know that it's easy to assume things out, but with in mind the Traits Revamp on Tribble, Covert is not getting touched, on the contrary is getting Buffed, and I quote.

Covert
- In addition to its previous effects, this trait now increases the bonus flanking damage your character deals.

So we can assume that Perfect Cloak it's an intended feature or are we going to have a Perception buff somehow?

Also, Scis are getting tankier, in the Engy way:

Ground -Medical Vanguard:
- All powers you use on allies give them perfect shields for 4 seconds, along with a moderate Shield Heal.

Why the Science Class -a HP tank- is now getting Shield tanking?. I thought that this was only ground for Engineers. Why not make Medical Vaguard a perfect HP for 4 seconds? That would be too much?
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com

Last edited by mrkollins; 04-02-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Commander
# 178
04-02-2013, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkollins View Post
Covert
- In addition to its previous effects, this trait now increases the bonus flanking damage your character deals.
I did some very quick testing (and I stress very):

Quote:
Flank on Tribble with Covert
Your Compression Bolt Setting dealt 365 (604) shield damage to Tactical Drone.
Your Compression Bolt Setting deals 809 (855) Plasma Damage to Tactical Drone.
Quote:
Nonflank on Tribble with Covert
Your Compression Bolt Setting dealt 365 (512) shield damage to Tactical Drone.
Your Compression Bolt Setting deals 619 (807) Plasma Damage to Tactical Drone.
Quote:
Flank on live server (same exact character)
Your Compression Bolt Setting dealt 365 (604) shield damage to Tactical Drone.
Your Compression Bolt Setting deals 654 (761) Plasma Damage to Tactical Drone.
Quote:
Nonflank on live server
Your Compression Bolt Setting dealt 365 (512) shield damage to Tactical Drone.
Your Compression Bolt Setting deals 602 (795) Plasma Damage to Tactical Drone.
I'm not good at math, but this looks like a 25%-30% increase in flank damage. Granted, it's not a great test as I've only shot once for each test. But it's enough to see the increase.

On the bright side, Acute Senses provides a 25% resistance to flank damage. I'm just worried that not every race has access to it, while it seems every race has access to Covert on Tribble.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Career Officer
# 179
04-03-2013, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkollins View Post
Also, Scis are getting tankier, in the Engy way:

Ground -Medical Vanguard:
- All powers you use on allies give them perfect shields for 4 seconds, along with a moderate Shield Heal.

Why the Science Class -a HP tank- is now getting Shield tanking?. I thought that this was only ground for Engineers. Why not make Medical Vaguard a perfect HP for 4 seconds? That would be too much?
The way I'm reading it, is that the perfect shield effect only applies to allies, not to yourself, which encourages team healing and not self tanking.
Commander
# 180
04-03-2013, 09:09 AM
Currently on tribble the sci can cast medical vanguard on themself from any heal including hypos. Whether it will stay that way, who knows. At the moment medical vanguard stays active for the full duration of NHM so, obviously a work in progress. The effect does not stack however, the 4 sec timer gets reset from each heal used. As much as I hate the thought of sci's getting even tankier, the effect from it was noticable in testing but not game breakingly OP, tho that was just a very quick test of the ability. Now where's my engie health heal/Dot cure ability. May as well give engie some innate health heal ability as long as scis will be able to heal shields too.

And meh to the covert buff. I guess Operative tacs didn't have enough flank dmg...

Last edited by nulonu; 04-03-2013 at 09:16 AM.