Republic Veteran
# 21 Warp Core Graphic
04-02-2013, 06:09 PM
I think you should make the graphic look like a little warp core like TNG warp care or Voyager warp core not like a impulse engine graphic, thats just my two cents really.
Commander
# 22
04-02-2013, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by os1shaggy View Post
I think you should make the graphic look like a little warp core like TNG warp care or Voyager warp core not like a impulse engine graphic, thats just my two cents really.
I am pretty sure (HOPE) that this is just a placeholder.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 23
04-02-2013, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishkin View Post
I am pretty sure (HOPE) that this is just a placeholder.
It is, in fact, placeholder - rest assured.
Commander
# 24
04-02-2013, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
It is, in fact, placeholder - rest assured.
In that vein, is it intentional that there seem to be no warp cores that give a + to maximum weapons power, or have I just not run into any yet?
Ensign
# 25
04-02-2013, 06:18 PM
I am happy about the warp core ideas. However when they appear as drops, this brings up a point. certain equipment drops could use additional thought:

i could see ship equipment drops require tractoring or stablizing before transport. and/or require repairs before equipped into your ship.

in canon, transporting a warp core from a destroyed ship would be approached very carefully. and the chance for it to fail would obviously increase if it is moved and certainly installed without being repaired or stablized. this could add another element to gameplay and perhaps give a use to crafting sites. (damaged equipment drops)
-could do this with other equipment too

if you have enemy ships around... tractor or approach unstable cores at your risk... if they fire at them, they could detonate. on the flip side.. if you fire at it, you could use it as a mine against enemies.
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
04-02-2013, 06:19 PM
If you're going to add a NEW component to a familiar part of the game you need to make it available in as many ways as possible, For example through reputation and Fleet base systems.

Further more we need more info. Some of us who have been here for 3 years will get confused by this new warp core thing and a little frustrated that ships we've worked on hard to get just right now require a NEW component.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 27
04-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishkin View Post
In that vein, is it intentional that there seem to be no warp cores that give a + to maximum weapons power, or have I just not run into any yet?
That's intentional for the time being. We felt that offering a +Max Weapon Power base warp core would make the types a non-choice - everyone would choose and slot that, and the other three types would be ignored. However, Shields, Aux, and Engines all felt like they could be viable choices for particular builds or particular situations.
Captain
# 28
04-02-2013, 06:33 PM
is it just me or does it not seem odd to have maco mk xii engines etc and have a mk x white warp core ? , my question is = will a maco version be in the works ? (sorry if already asked)
Rihannsu
# 29
04-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Can we please get some Mk XI and XII Very Rare Warp Cores in the D-Store?
Commander
# 30
04-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
That's intentional for the time being. We felt that offering a +Max Weapon Power base warp core would make the types a non-choice - everyone would choose and slot that, and the other three types would be ignored. However, Shields, Aux, and Engines all felt like they could be viable choices for particular builds or particular situations.
Excellent, and I agree with that reasoning fully. To be honest, I hope that you don't add a "best" warp core to the fleet or Reputation stores so that there's more of that encouragement to experiment.