Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Career Officer
# 21
04-03-2013, 08:26 AM
they are holding my money now also, I dont like this hostage situation they do with my funds, i charged to my card and i got the email saying my account was credited from them, my bank has already taken the funds out, yet my payment with cryptic says reviewing, what kind of crap is this. I either want my zen or my money back, either is acceptable but you can't review my payment if you already took the money, thats called fraud.
Ensign
# 22
04-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spork87 View Post
... I either want my zen or my money back, either is acceptable but you can't review my payment if you already took the money, thats called fraud.
Agreed. They are also holding my money and zen from me, not something I am pleased about. I can wait through a review time of 20, 30 minutes or maybe even an hour or so, but over 24 hours for 5$ worth of zen is not exactly efficient business. Lesson learned, at least, I am not bothering with this form of payment ever again. I think I'll stick to the PWE prepaid cards, instead.
Career Officer
# 23 Thank for your post...
04-04-2013, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superzuul View Post
Hey there!

We understand your concern regarding Skrill/Moneybookers requesting such information out of the blue, but we can assure you this is no scam. Skrill/Moneybookers is a UK based company that processes direct credit transactions for us. Most of the time, when you make a purchase they simply process it and we award the Zen, but occasionally, maybe after a large purchase or a significant amount of spending, they will want to verify your account; that's where those documents come in.

We understand that many people feel wary about giving out such information, however, because Skrill/Moneybookers demands such a high level of verification, they are an extremely secure form of payment. If you do not wish to provide them with the information, you do not have to, although you will need to switch to using another form of payment.

We apologize for the scare. Please direct any further questions you have regarding Skrill/Moneybookers directly to billing via ticket. We'll be happy to answer any remaining questions you may have.

Thanks!

Thank you for alleviating some of our concerns. I have used both PayPal and Skrill for points and been able to get my points in game seconds after my purchase. I have also had to jump through hoops with ID for both companies but i expect the fault lies with the governments and regulators becoming more strict to combat fraud. I am Canadian but live in Japan and for many years had no trouble with pay pal but the rules became more strict and i was given one too many hoops to jump through so i closed my account and now only use skrill for zen purchase. I needed to make some efforts with them and phone calls due to my geography perhaps but things are fine now.
I do wish we could pay directly for zen points. Why is that no longer possible?

Another question i have is this, since some of us have had to submit identification to skrill or paypal or both, in the event of our accounts ever being stolen or hacked would such 3rd parties ever be able to help verify the authenticity of the account holder?

Thanks again for your post.
Career Officer
# 24
04-06-2013, 01:30 AM
Well, I don't have that problem; because where I live, Moneybookers flat-out refuses to accept payments from me. Fortunately I have Paypal.

Is there no way for PWE to get a US-based credit processor?
Captain
# 25
04-06-2013, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
Well, I don't have that problem; because where I live, Moneybookers flat-out refuses to accept payments from me. Fortunately I have Paypal.

Is there no way for PWE to get a US-based credit processor?
That would open them up to U.S. Federal regulation, are you serious?
Career Officer
# 26
06-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Well I guess this could be a good thing, its going to save me a lot of money

~Edit:

Please don't respond to threads that are over 30 days old as information can be old. If you have a need you can always make a new thread!

~ Askray

Last edited by askray; 06-08-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Closed Thread