Republic Veteran
# 1881
04-03-2013, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
you DO know there is also a science-oriented Odyssey ship right? unless they were using the other versions, in which case they should be smacked.
they were using the tac oddy
Starfleet Veteran
# 1882
04-03-2013, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
i'm really getting sick of you coming here every 2 days and blaming rainbows for lack of DPS when it's a TERRIBLE SKILL SETUP and NOT KNOWING HOW TO PROPERLY USE SUPPORTING POWERS that causes it
Yep your right, it s terrible set up skills. And you can get just as sick as you want because I'm sure I'll be posting more.
Career Officer
# 1883 STF Leeches
04-03-2013, 11:12 AM
So I have been running into people that do not want to help in the STF matches. They tend to just fly around and maybe fire a few seconds then claim LAG, and only move when reward time comes.

Todays Culprit was Eve Szymusiak@iQlore

It makes the possibility of getting bonus Omega's impossible. Wish we could just kick them, with a voting system.
Lieutenant
# 1884
04-03-2013, 04:20 PM
Quote:
you know, i'd really like to see your family put rainbows on their ships, just to tick you off, then tick you off even further by proving rainbows in the hands of people who actually know what the hell they're doing and know how to build their characters are just as effective as someone using all the same color
Funny. There's no way I'd use rainbows even if they were set up right. I've seen too many times first hand how weak they are and I've only done a couple dozen STF's.
Lieutenant
# 1885
04-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvodamighty View Post
So I have been running into people that do not want to help in the STF matches. They tend to just fly around and maybe fire a few seconds then claim LAG, and only move when reward time comes.

Todays Culprit was xxxx@xxxx

It makes the possibility of getting bonus Omega's impossible. Wish we could just kick them, with a voting system.
You might want to edit that name out. Its against the rules to post them.
Career Officer
# 1886
04-03-2013, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcfrost View Post
they were using the tac oddy
a science captain using a tactical odyssey... ok then they should be smacked
Rihannsu
# 1887
04-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly1956 View Post
Funny. There's no way I'd use rainbows even if they were set up right. I've seen too many times first hand how weak they are and I've only done a couple dozen STF's.
tactical consoles boost a weapon's base damage, before anything else is added; replacing a blue mk xi specific console with the general one would take the DPS boost of a common mk xi beam array from its base of 210 DPV + the 26% boost of a specialized console, which is an added 54.6 and totals 264.6, down to 246.75 (210 *17.5% equaling 36.75), for a grand total DPV loss of 17.85 for that one beam array...big freaking whoop

and then everything from a proper skill/ship setup kicks in and boosts that to around 8-900 DPV, before any powers like tac fleet or attack pattern beta kick in, which would boost it even further

rainbow beams are not nearly as weak as some idiots seem to think they are, if the rest of the captain and ship are properly built
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Captain
# 1888
04-03-2013, 06:26 PM
Quote:
tactical consoles boost a weapon's base damage, before anything else is added; replacing a blue mk xi specific console with the general one would take the DPS boost of a common mk xi beam array from its base of 210 DPV + the 26% boost of a specialized console, which is an added 54.6 and totals 264.6, down to 246.75 (210 *17.5% equaling 36.75), for a grand total DPV loss of 17.85 for that one beam array...big freaking whoop

and then everything from a proper skill/ship setup kicks in and boosts that to around 8-900 DPV, before any powers like tac fleet or attack pattern beta kick in, which would boost it even further

rainbow beams are not nearly as weak as some idiots seem to think they are, if the rest of the captain and ship are properly built
But why would you do that when one energy type is just plain better? You might try it to get all the procs... or you could focus on one and get a higher chance of proccing a specific proc. Additionally, rainbow beams are usually a sign that the rest of the build is not so great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Rihannsu
# 1889
04-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
But why would you do that when one energy type is just plain better? You might try it to get all the procs... or you could focus on one and get a higher chance of proccing a specific proc. Additionally, rainbow beams are usually a sign that the rest of the build is not so great.
uhhh, maybe to prove to ignorant idiots who don't know what the hell they're talking about that rainbows are just as effective as a single color save for an EXTREMELY minor DPV loss, that you aren't even going to notice if you're running any combination of EPtW, plasmonic leech, NI, aux2batt, weapons batteries, RMC, or any other myriad of powers that boost damage or power levels
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Starfleet Veteran
# 1890
04-04-2013, 03:30 AM
Quote:
uhhh, maybe to prove to ignorant idiots who don't know what the hell they're talking about that rainbows are just as effective as a single color save for an EXTREMELY minor DPV loss, that you aren't even going to notice if you're running any combination of EPtW, plasmonic leech, NI, aux2batt, weapons batteries, RMC, or any other myriad of powers that boost damage or power levels
Ok, so here's what you do.

Go start you own post explaining how;

To properly set up a Rainbow/Technicolor boat.
To Properly set up a Skittles boat.
To properly set up a boat.
How not to Farm.
How to use Chat.
How to do a space STF.
How to do a ground STF.
How to cooperate with others.
How not to sabatoge.
What not to shoot at.
What to shoot at.
How to PUG.
How not to PUG.

I could go on......

Anotherwords, this is like a TV set. If you don't like what your seeing, CHANGE THE CHANNEL!

The rest of us will continue telling our fun little stories about our adventures in the STF world.