Rihannsu
# 931
04-02-2013, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
There needs to be Liberated Borg Romulan as an option added solely for lifetime subscribers for the launch of the new half faction. Not only would this make current lifetime subscribers happy, it would give those who don't have lifetime subs another reason to think about getting one. A lack of Liberatee Borg Romulan at the start would be a serious kick in the groin to all current lifetime subscribers!
We might get Lib Borg Romulans. Dan didn't say conclusively one way or the other. He knows people want them, so we should wait and see.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
# 932
04-02-2013, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post
Actually, that's what I thought we were getting.

If you want to stay Pure Romulan without choosing a side, do so!

But apparently, you have to choose Starfleet or Klingon, no middle ground.

Personally, I think this problem could be solved by just buffing up on the XP on the featured episodes, which are the only true non-factional content.

I'm not going to play the faction because of the condition for playing it mentioned many times, but in theory, if I did play it, I'd be perfectly happy with an unfinished faction until they can give it a proper treatment!

Heck, I levelled a KDF to max rank on nothing but sector explores!

And that was back when the game had next to nothing for levelling besides those missions, there are more options now.

As for the Romulan equivalent of Diplomacy, if they're not motivated to create a unique system at the moment, just let us tag all Diplomacy and Maruading missions and accumulate the points towards the Doffing Rank.

Starbases might be a bit more complicated, it'll require creating 5 distinct models and the interior as well.
This is totally what I am after, I would rather have the third option of remaining my OWN ally, not supporting another faction. I dont need Fed ships or KDF ships, I would rather not have a starbase than have a fleet that is part of the KDF or Fed.

I mean at this point I would be happy to remain a pure Romulan and have no starbase assets at all with the fleet progression just unlocking new vendors in our social hub. And if they are really worried about Romulan Fleet progression because people have "invested" so much into KDF or Fed fleets then why not add a Romulan Fleet bonus to all Romulan fleets that allows them to reach higher tiers with less input/time?
Survivor of Romulus
# 933
04-02-2013, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectfrontier View Post
Turbine charges far less than Cryptic does for comparable wares and Turbine's qualify as "gold master" not "pay to beta".
Let's see, LoTRO Expansion $30-$80, depending on which version you get. STO expansion $0, hmm, not sure what math you are using.
=\/= ================================ =\/=
Centurion maximus92
12th Legion, Romulan Republic
12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
Republic Veteran
# 934
04-02-2013, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
In this brand-new, special edition of Ask Cryptic, Executive Producer Daniel Stahl delivers answers to player submitted questions about our upcoming expansion.

Link to the Ask Cryptic.

A note from dStahl:
Oh dear. I come back from a holiday, with an Easter spring in my step because - not long now - I would be soon march across the galaxy and reclaim the Endless Sky in the name of the Romulan people, ripping it from the grip of the undeserving Federation and Klingon Empires.

Instead we get this pseudo-faction 'compromise', where we are asked to go cap in hand for 'allies'. You can't even pretend to ally with them, and stab them in the back later!

You could say:

Its a FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE faction.

"Misdirection is the key to survival. Never attack what your enemy defends. Never behave as your enemy expects and never reveal your true strength. If knowledge is power, then to be unknown is to be unconquerable..." - Romulan tenet
Captain
# 935
04-03-2013, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
I personally am happy that we get to play as D'tan's Romulans.
A lot of my friends would prefer to be able to play a "good" romulan, instead of a Tal'shiar villain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
Why exactly must the choice be "D'Tan hippy" or "Tal'Shiar villain"?
How about a normal member of the Star Empire, who believes in the supremacy of the Romulan people above all others, and wants to work to restore it and not mortgage their future to their sworn enemies?
Have to agree with lizwei here. I want to play as part of the RSE, which DOES exist in STO, and is separate from the Tal'Shiar.

Not to mention the fact that there are people that enjoy playing the bad guys. They may not be tpalelena's friends, but they do exist. And I would argue that a true Romulan would see both the Tal Shiar working with the Iconians and D'Tan's Fed-Lite Republic "allying" with the Feds and KDF as two sides of the same coin - a deal with the devil that costs the Romulan people their independent soul.
Rihannsu
# 936
04-03-2013, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
Have to agree with lizwei here. I want to play as part of the RSE, which DOES exist in STO, and is separate from the Tal'Shiar.

Not to mention the fact that there are people that enjoy playing the bad guys. They may not be tpalelena's friends, but they do exist. And I would argue that a true Romulan would see both the Tal Shiar working with the Iconians and D'Tan's Fed-Lite Republic "allying" with the Feds and KDF as two sides of the same coin - a deal with the devil that costs the Romulan people their independent soul.
Read the latest Dev Blog from Goatshark.... It's not seperate, not any more... So yeah, either you're with the Tal'Shiar or in the d'Tan group.....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Republic Veteran
# 937
04-04-2013, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
Well Cryptic, you've managed to disappoint even me, a hardcore cynic.
I was genuinely looking forward to a Romulan faction, and instead we get faux Romulans, licking the heels of the Federation and Klingons?

I am disgusted.
Cryptic did not invent Hobus disasater. Empires fall. Survivors must adapt. As someone who was born and raised in a great empire that fell apart following a nuclear disaster I deeply identify with the current Romulan paradigm.
Captain
# 938
04-04-2013, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Read the latest Dev Blog from Goatshark.... It's not seperate, not any more... So yeah, either you're with the Tal'Shiar or in the d'Tan group.....
And I say that Cryptic should be innovative in their storyline, and allow us to create a third path, or at the very least choose between the two existing paths.

Ideally I want an RSE that is independent of both the Iconian influenced Tal Shiar and Spock Jr.'s Fed-Lite Republic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcanclipper View Post
Cryptic did not invent Hobus disasater. Empires fall. Survivors must adapt. As someone who was born and raised in a great empire that fell apart following a nuclear disaster I deeply identify with the current Romulan paradigm.
I am very interested in hearing more about this.
Lieutenant
# 939
04-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcanclipper View Post
There are FED and KDF playable Romulans. Romulan Story, Ships and Costumes dont make a faction. The truth will set you free.
Republic Veteran
# 940
04-04-2013, 01:58 PM
i'm trying to stay positive despit..... everything lol