Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 191
04-01-2013, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leutian View Post
personally i think this new "can't start a new thread until after a specified amount of time" thing is kinda bogus for those of us that have been around for OVER a year, i can understand it for new people but for older players like myself it's like a slap in the face.
As this is your first visit to the new forums, it considers you new Your join date shows Apr 2013 (today). The "can't start a new thread until after a specified amount of time" is in place to stop spam bots -- since we've put it in place, there has been virtually no spam. We're happy to remove this for you as you're clearly not a spam bot (and I just have -- log out and back in). Anyone else that's in this boat can send me a forum PM and I can manually remove the restriction.

Thanks for understanding!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Rihannsu
# 192 So many necrothreads!!
04-03-2013, 02:47 PM
Mods there have been several necro threads popping up in recent days, I feel like I am in a zombie movie.

People if a thread is dead leave it be, just start a new one.
"If you didn't want to get yelled at by a bunch of crazy nerds you shouldn't have posted on the forums"
"Bacon tastes so much better marinated in vegan tears"
Better dead then Fed!
Captain
# 193
04-03-2013, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon653 View Post
Mods there have been several necro threads popping up in recent days, I feel like I am in a zombie movie.

People if a thread is dead leave it be, just start a new one.
Why does everyone resist necro threads? It's that kind of policy that has had a big negative impact on these forums over the years. For instance, it's because a TON of relevant game play mechanics information is left buried, that people continue to think EPS Flow Regulators regenerate weapons energy during the firing cycle even though that was removed from their functionality back in June 2010.

So much quality information has been left sunken in these forums because of this strange policy to be afraid of older information and older discussions.

It boggles my mind. Everything from how Science Consoles worked, were changed, and changed again, to the hidden bonuses of Anti Proton Weapons, to cloaking bugs, to how the diplomacy system worked on DS9 to how to beat Crystaline Entity is all lost in the ether.

Why? Because the discussion is more than 30 days old?

Zombies have nothing to do with it.

/sigh
Lt. Commander
# 194
04-03-2013, 03:23 PM
It's one thing to ressurect a dead thread because of something useful, it's something else if it's being done for nothing useful at all, or because newguy3493856 can't take the time actually look at the date the last comment was made before he/she bumps it for no reason other than to say something like, "This is great, I like this!" or "This idea is stupid!" If no useful information is being added, then don't revive dead threads.

That's when they get this:

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=thre...?_sid=70afd36b
SGT Milton Monzon, SGT Alexander Fuller, SGT Michael Bartley, SGT Martin LaMar
Rest in Peace Brothers

Last edited by dm19delta; 04-03-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Community Moderator
# 195
04-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Normal necro'd threads we try to smack down as quickly as possible. However we are still human (and there are a LOT of posts by everyone hehe) and we do miss some from time to time.

Sticky posts though are for the most part exempt from the necro rules.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Captain
# 196
04-03-2013, 05:03 PM
I can understand the logic behind the rule, nobody wants to wade through a 100 pages of nonsense to get to anything important, it would be a full time job for mods to stay on top of every old thread so what's needed is a forum app that automatically locks old threads.
That's up to the forum guys there's really nothing we can do about it.
Closed Thread