Lieutenant
# 11
04-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Though the shard is still locked, the new login screen is much improved and looks a lot better now.
Captain
# 12
04-03-2013, 04:23 PM
Despite not using ships with separation abilities, I utterly support these changes. This'll help soften the PvP issues with the Gal-R, where if you blow it up separated you're going to have an easy target for 5 minutes.

Now, how about giving the Galaxy-X saucer separation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralblackbar View Post
Though the shard is still locked, the new login screen is much improved and looks a lot better now.
Agreed.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
04-03-2013, 04:44 PM
Liking the separation update!

Could it be possible for the pet AI to be updated so they actually avoid ships that are about to blow up,Like giving them an evasive maneuvers etc?

.I don't mind that they are not that powerful, they are good for being dummy targets for npc's to target instead of myself, but it would be good if they flew away from ships that are about to blow up...

Fed Eng (Main). Fed Sci. Fed Tac. Rom Sci (KDF)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day

Last edited by sunfrancks; 04-03-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Lieutenant
# 14
04-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
  • If you launch your separated craft, and then your ship is destroyed, your separated craft will no longer re-dock/despawn.
    • It will continue to fight until it is disabled.
  • When you respawn, it will be ready to follow you, fight with you, or redock with you if you choose to.
It sounds to me that your separated craft fights until it is disabled akin to the ships disabled in the Starbase 234 and other system encounters in the Tau Dewa Sector.

edit:
Character select screen 'light beam' effect still looks terrible. I'm not particularly fond of it. It begs the question, how can you guys do something so great as the new character creator and then go the completely opposite direction and fail miserably with the excrement on the character select screen?

Last edited by admiralblackbar; 04-03-2013 at 05:43 PM. Reason: snipped quote; more
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by berrycola View Post
Hope this also fixes Klingons not being able to Beam Out, Depart Systems and Transwarp.
They had to give the transporter operator a break (Less traffic for him to mess up)
Career Officer
# 16
04-03-2013, 05:39 PM
I still can't get any Skill Points to stick in the Ground part of my SCI Toons' Skill Tree.
(I got 2000 to stick while I was a Lt-(2), but haven't been able to apply any more since then.)
(I'm up to Lt-(5) now)

The Double MEDIC box is gone, but it didn't fix my problem.

...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 04-03-2013 at 05:46 PM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 17
04-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
I still can't get any Skill Points to stick in the Ground part of my SCI Toons' Skill Tree.
(I got 2000 to stick while I was a Lt-(2), but haven't been able to apply any more since then.)
(I'm up to Lt-(5) now)

The Double MEDIC box is gone, but it didn't fix my problem.

You can re-copy your character and see if that addresses it.
Career Officer
# 18
04-03-2013, 06:06 PM
The slightly off white bean out boxes, etc. on the Voyager UI need fixing as the text is white! I posted screenshots in the UI Feedback thread here.

Edit: When you select an item under the Voyager UI theme in the DL store, the button is almost black and the text turns black. Was any thought at all put into these color combinations?

Edit 2: Thank you for restoring how many people are in queues for the PvE events!

Last edited by jcsww; 04-03-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Captain
# 19
04-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Now if only larger ships got a crew recovery rate buff so separating your saucer on an Odyssey doesn't cripple you for three minutes after a borg encounter while you wait for 2500 personnel to recover.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Career Officer
# 20
04-03-2013, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by casiopia254 View Post
So..when are you going to fix the obvious poor quality and generic looking UI in both space and the character select screen?

The glowing light on the character screen and the low res character model of my character are very annoying, its like Fantasy Trek Online, my Tac officer is now some kind of wizard?

The in game space UI is generic and cheap in appearance, there are jagged edges, on all borders, the Hull % and shield balancing section is not alligned, and the whole thing looks like it was put together in Microsoft Paint from Windows 3.1.

Please add an option to revert back to the current Holodeck UI, because this new one is not clean, cheap and hideous.

Thanks
the UI on holodeck is everything u just described the new UI may need a little work but at lest it looks like star trek the current UI is trash and that's were it belongs in the trash ALSO you should note THAT EVERYTHING YOU SEE ON TRIBBLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE THIS IS IN NO WAY THE FINAL COPY SO STOP UR WHINING AND WAIT TO SEE THE FINAL PRODUCT