Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Commander
# 61
01-19-2013, 10:02 AM
Well... On my Intel GPU, it's still working so far....

But.....

On my dual ATI system, I'm still getting a Fatal Error when changing maps:

Fatal Error: There is not enough available video memory (D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY) while while [sic] creating a render target texture. Please choose lower resolution settings, or close other graphics applications.

Technical Details: D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY while creating 2D render target texture size 3072 x 2048 (RTEX_NVIDIA_INTZ)

Note: This only started happening with Season 7.
Ensign
# 62 Ati cards
01-23-2013, 04:07 PM
I am having issues with my AMD A6-3600 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, The game is frezeing about every 30-60 min.
Captain
# 63
01-26-2013, 02:41 PM
Just as a final follow up and to return this to its actual topic, as I was one of the previous very vocal complainers, post-patch I have still yet to have a single glitch or error related to this problem of any kind. It's run smooth as silk again, as it did pre-season 7.

Well done.
Career Officer
# 64
02-03-2013, 02:32 AM
Well I have just started getting this problem!

My main display is driven by an AMD 7870

my two secondary displays by my HD4000, it has just started since the Saturday stability patch ...
Richard Silk, EU Liaison Officer, TOS Veterans Fleet
Career Officer
# 65 Video Crashes
04-03-2013, 07:50 PM
I'm experiencing the same issues. I've tried the temp fix suggested and it's reduced the problem but it still makes everything almost impossible to play.

It seems to happen when theres a lot of action, but sometimes it happens when i open my DOff panel. I've even run this at half res (Very Ugly) and it still occurs on occasion.

I'm a lifer and have played this since open beta and I love this game. I don't have the cash to buy a new rig but I'm at a loss.

PLEASE HELP
SgtReuster

CASPIAN RISING
Ensign
# 66
12-08-2013, 02:53 PM
DXGI_ErrorDevice_remmoved
DXGI_ErrorDevice_Hung 0x887a0006
while creating a render target view

I have not played in about a year and this si what I come back to? Where can I get some help?
Survivor of Romulus
# 67
12-08-2013, 02:55 PM
Unfortunatly not in a topic that's older then 30 days; that's called necroing. If you have more then 5 posts (I think) you can create a topic of your own.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Captain
# 68
12-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutes View Post
Unfortunatly not in a topic that's older then 30 days; that's called necroing. If you have more then 5 posts (I think) you can create a topic of your own.
The forum rules quite frankly leave forum newbies with a catch-22. They physically can't make a new thread so they post in an old one that's related to their topic. Then they get yelled at for necroing a thread when it was the only way to get attention to their problem.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Ensign
# 69
03-18-2014, 11:02 AM
Anyone found a fix for the "Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (UNKNOWN: 0x88760870) while Locking vertex buffer." Here's what I have tried:
1. Unistall video driver and install a nice fresh new one
2. Unistall DirectX and install a nice fresh new one
3. Using DX9 in the game
4. Lowering video settings in the game (this makes the error less frequent but is not even playable in my eyes)

The error used to be a lot less frequent, now it is at least once every 30 minutes, and almost everytime I play the Mirror Invasion Event. I am assuming that as the game progresses, the graphics improve and are more demanding; however, my graphics card is still well above the minimum required. Just wondering if anyone out there has found a fix or workaround. Thanks!