Ensign
I think it would be a great idea (and streamline gameplay) to allow players to actuvate multiple abilities with one key press.

For instance, I use Emergency Power to Weapons, Cannon Rapid Fire II, and Torpedo High Yield, and Wing Cannon Overload one i've melted my target's shields. Often it takes several seconds to activate those abilities, but if I could string them all together and bind it to say, "control+4" I could activate all those abilities as y personal attack pattern

Saving time means more blowing stuff up and that makes me happy
Captain
# 2
04-03-2013, 08:46 PM
+1 to this.

Something like:
Giving it our own name, like say Alpha Strike (I'll use my own for an example).
Choosing which powers activate with it, say, APA, APB, CRF, GDF, TF, TT, FOMM, and subspace jump.
A special section is created under options>keybinds for custom keybinds.
Maybe a little symbol customization for recognizable symbols on the tray.
It gets put in the drag to tray powers window.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-03-2013, 08:50 PM
I don't use them, so I could be wrong, but can't you already do something very similar with keybinds?
Captain
# 4
04-03-2013, 09:09 PM
Keybinds do not allow you to create a string of commands and have it execute with a single keypress, this was deliberately implemented to prevent players from creating a push one button to win command. You can bind multiple commands to one key but you are required to push that key repeatedly to step through each command in the string.
Captain
# 5
04-03-2013, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
Keybinds do not allow you to create a string of commands and have it execute with a single keypress, this was deliberately implemented to prevent players from creating a push one button to win command. You can bind multiple commands to one key but you are required to push that key repeatedly to step through each command in the string.
How can you do that? Still sounds useful.
Captain
# 6
04-03-2013, 11:52 PM
The tutorial thread here is called Keybinds For Dummies. There are also a number of websites that detail how to do it.
Captain
# 7
04-04-2013, 02:37 AM
Quote:
The tutorial thread here is called Keybinds For Dummies. There are also a number of websites that detail how to do it.
Thank you!

Though those command lines do look darn hard to understand... I'm not a coder.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Captain
# 8
04-04-2013, 04:50 AM
There is a program with which you can easily create Macros for STo and just load it to the game. But I have forgotten its name.

Edit: Ah found it, god bless stickies in PvP section

http://www.ifes.us/STOKeyBind/index.html
Career Officer
# 9
04-04-2013, 05:26 AM
Quote:
keypad and gamepad macros do that tho. So it's all in your gear.

I personally say no to this because we already have too much on the attack patterns as it is having too much power in one place. Before they can do something like this thiey'd have to separate the attack patterns and evasive patterns into separate skills (like they should be) so that people can't make a secondary Iwin button that uses the Iwin buton that's already there.

Then maybe.
MMO's of 2014 where normal gameplay is considered an exploit and the eastern billing model is celebrated by apologists. smh
Captain
# 10
04-04-2013, 07:50 AM
Quote:
That post is kind of out of date. In particular, it has the wrong execution order for concatenated commands. The following PDF is more up-to-date:

http://www.ifes.us/HowToKeybind/Star...ey%20Binds.pdf

You can also try the wiki. It has a more recently edited version of the post above:

http://www.stowiki.org/Guide:_Keybinds