Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
I know this Idea may be unpopular. But I believe since this is a new faction. And we are starting a new. It would be nice to experience in on a slow grind. Savor the time spent leveling a new character. After 30 days all bets are off. We are all in such a hurry to get where we are going. It might be nice to slow down and smell the flowers. Enjoy the lower levels and do some regular missions. Once you hit lvl 50 its all STFs and Romlulan and Fleet missions for the Reputation system.

Why not take our time?
Captain
# 2
04-04-2013, 12:06 AM
i actually agree.. MU xp gain is WAY TOO MUCH..

you can go from 1 to 50 in 3 or 4 days doing MU.
this is too fast..

so many people are level 50 and dont even know how to play because all they did was MU and doff.

you should only gain XP from story missions..

MU should be DIL ONLY.
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Career Officer
# 3
04-04-2013, 12:10 AM
With it being revealed that the CE will be for a "limited time only" and them adding a "Event Reputation" system (not true reputation system like Omega or Romulan), maybe the Mirror Event and several other events that fell out of favor might get the same treatment?
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!
Expansion 2 - Delta Rising: Welcome to Tier 6, where everything is now obsolete. Have fun with the new Crafting!
Commander
# 4
04-04-2013, 12:22 AM
So don't queue up for it.

I don't see the problem; I never did it while leveling my first character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons9 View Post
so many people are level 50 and dont even know how to play because all they did was MU and doff.
No, so many people are level 50 and don't even know how to play because they're bad gamers and couldn't be bothered to improve themselves.
Commander
# 5
04-04-2013, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by millimidget View Post
So don't queue up for it.
I agree with that and also for both my chars I did all the episodes to level up.
Originally Posted by zipagat :
"There already is a Borg faction, its called the Federation. They assimilate everyone else's technology and remove any biological or technical distinctiveness and add it to their own."
Empire Veteran
# 6
04-04-2013, 12:50 AM
The Mirror Universe Event is crucial for gaining Expertise Points for my favor grind and fleet projects. We also need much much more ways to get EXP, because non-stop DOFFing doesn't help enough.

Quote:
i actually agree.. MU xp gain is WAY TOO MUCH..

this is too fast..
At most I can catch the MU event 3 times a week, and usually that is on a weekend. Also, it seems that the XP given has been toned down already. I guess if sleep, a job, or other worldly concerns are out of the way, you can make some good advancement in short order.

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom

Last edited by rickpaaa; 04-04-2013 at 12:54 AM.
Career Officer
# 7
04-04-2013, 12:54 AM
Quote:
this is too fast.
So what. I've been here since closed beta and there were level 50's running around before the headstart completed and the game went live. I know this for a fact because I was teaming with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millimidget View Post
No, so many people are level 50 and don't even know how to play because they're bad gamers and couldn't be bothered to improve themselves.
Bingo. There will always be clueless power gamers that rushed to the level cap as fast as possible without ever learning how to play.
Captain
# 8
04-04-2013, 12:58 AM
yeah but if you were piped into the missions that tought you stuff it would be a lot better?

were talking level 50 players that don't know they can train boffs and just thought you had to buy ones that had the right skills..
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-04-2013, 01:06 AM
Quote:
yeah but if you were piped into the missions that tought you stuff it would be a lot better?

were talking level 50 players that don't know they can train boffs and just thought you had to buy ones that had the right skills..
Try a purple Doff with Gravity well ability. Even on a Tac captain it is leathal!
Captain
# 10
04-04-2013, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpaaa View Post
The Mirror Universe Event is crucial for gaining Expertise Points for my favor grind and fleet projects. We also need much much more ways to get EXP, because non-stop DOFFing doesn't help enough.

At most I can catch the MU event 3 times a week, and usually that is on a weekend. Also, it seems that the XP given has been toned down already. I guess if sleep, a job, or other worldly concerns are out of the way, you can make some good advancement in short order.

This. If you don't like it don't use it, nobody is pointing a tetryon minigun to your head and telling you to play or die.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Closed Thread