Captain
I don't know about you guys, but if you've tested the new engineer traits, they're really... really bad.

I mean first up you have the 'miracle worker occasionally refreshes faster'.

Miracle worker isn't that good a power- it doesn't provide any sort of resist, and while testing there was no indication that the trait 'fired' outside of just sort of casually noticing that Miracle Worker was back.

And I mean I'm pretty good at keeping myself alive, so I'm sitting at full health and miracle worker pops up, and I'm like "Gee, I wish this was [any other class space trait], because at least I'd get some use out of that. Now sure, miracle worker could use it's own improvement, but at the same time so could these traits.

I guess, technically, having miracle worker back every minute or so is at least somewhat useful- it's not as bad as the other trait at least.

What other trait? The +more power level to systems when you use a battery.

I.... I don't use batteries because I need power. I use them to repair disabled subsystems. Or to provide a boost via the doff to something. I don't need the power- I'm an engineer captain, I run emergency power to _____ powers, I have a warp core doff that boosts my power levels, EPS transfer, nadion inversion....

And now we're getting warp cores?

I don't need power. Really. Thanks but no thanks.

But I suppose you (Cryptic) will just say "Well if you don't like it, don't take it", but I mean this is an insulting waste of a trait. I was hoping for some choice here- some different class traits that are not just bad and insultingly bad.

But like, it's just the space traits. That are bad.

Why can't the space traits be just like the ground traits? Why?

I mean think of this for a moment:

What if you had a space trait that raised the HP/defense of all your pets. Your fighters are harder to kill, your heavy torpedoes are less likely to die en route, your saucer section or MVAM modes are more resilient- those are things that would make me go "I want to play an engineer!", and they would be entirely in theme and entirely viable to do. They'd actually give the engineer something he can do that nobody else can.

Then you have the other power- a stacking up to 15% resist versus a single energy damage type. Now sure, you have the fleet shields, but there's no reason it has to be a shield boost. Make it a hull resist. Call it something catchy, like "Nano-adaptive Hull Plating".

Two traits that, when applied to space, are actually good. Not the bad and insultingly bad ones we have now.
Rihannsu
# 2
04-04-2013, 12:32 AM
solidarity post. Engs are insultingly useless, agreed. Thanks Devs, special thanks to Gecko...go go pew pew those turrets.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
# 3
04-04-2013, 12:36 AM
While as an engineer, you should go cruisers, not Multivector, I can see how the batteries is not the most useful.

However at least you don't got Go down fighting greyed out at full health.
Career Officer
# 4
04-04-2013, 12:42 AM
I dont feel so useless and i actually like the new abilities. Maybe you have eptX and eps but without batteries there will always be downtimes which can now be avoided. Same thing goes for healing. Even with epts tss hazard etc sonetimes you need to bridge gaps between heals and knowing that you have MW ready when u need it sounds nice.
Rihannsu
# 5
04-04-2013, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsteward View Post
I dont feel so useless and i actually like the new abilities. Maybe you have eptX and eps but without batteries there will always be downtimes which can now be avoided. Same thing goes for healing. Even with epts tss hazard etc sonetimes you need to bridge gaps between heals and knowing that you have MW ready when u need it sounds nice.
Yeah wait until you hear the screams from tac's: STOP Healing me noob, I need GDF to get the optional.

As for power its really isn't that hard to max out, most of the bonus vanishes to begin with.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Career Officer
# 6
04-04-2013, 01:23 AM
There is eptw eps and batteries.. What else is there to increase weapon power except this 20% chance doff on eptX abilities?
Republic Veteran
# 7
04-04-2013, 01:26 AM
I agree.Engineers could use some better traits/skills for space.I would like torpedo platform or turret satelite or so just like in ground.
Captain
# 8
04-04-2013, 01:33 AM
As I said in other threads, EPS Manifold Efficiency would be much better if it temporarily removed the 125 power cap on activation of a battery. Then, the trait would have versatility. It would make engineers much more effective users of power than the other classes. Now, engineers have more power, but the caps limit its utility.
Captain
# 9
04-04-2013, 01:47 AM
Not sure if it was mentioned in this thread or the main one (inb4 merge btw), but someone suggested a trait to reduce cooldown on Nadeon Inversion. Now THAT would be an awesome trait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madajmama View Post
I would like torpedo platform or turret satelite or so just like in ground.
Ugh, such abilities deal only placebo damage at best, if you ever parsed a consumable torp platform you'd know they are a waste of time. Space combat is balanced around ships firing with between 4 or even 8 weapons at once, a single weapon platform more just makes no difference.

Quote:
There is eptw eps and batteries.. What else is there to increase weapon power except this 20% chance doff on eptX abilities?
And that's enough to keep weapon energy at 125 at all times, weapon cycling excluded in which case more power doesn't help. So what are you saying?
Rihannsu
# 10
04-04-2013, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsteward View Post
Quick run down not complete or in any particular order. Warp Theory Doff, Borg Rep set , almost every singel set-piece gear like assimlated engines, or zero- pont rommie consoles, skill tree, currrent traits, Batteries come in (large, dual, standard, and dual team) RMC and its poor mans UNiversal feddie copy, Emergency power 2 x skills, EPS, Maco proc, Leech, ES,
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013