Republic Veteran
# 11
04-04-2013, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcademaster View Post
Ugh, such abilities deal only placebo damage at best, if you ever parsed a consumable torp platform you'd know they are a waste of time. Space combat is balanced around ships firing with between 4 or even 8 weapons at once, a single weapon platform more just makes no difference.
I know they do.But it was a simple suggestion,it could be healing platform for shield or hull aswell,and ofc they are waste of time in current state,so they could increase the dmg if engineers would ever be able to get it as skill.Also it could include the doff just like for quantum mortars in ground.Example very rare doff=20%chance to create 2 additional torpedo platforms.

I would like it tho ^^

Last edited by madajmama; 04-04-2013 at 02:03 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 12
04-04-2013, 02:25 AM
Well i think these traits are awesome. I have to use miracle worker in the toughest STFs/pvp. I really like this trait. And I use batteries to get more power. More power to subsystems is always a good choice. When i need to clean disable, i use "emergency power to x" (if the remaining CD is short) or engineerig team.

From my point of view, these traits are by far the best career traits because i already play my cruiser the way it's supposed to be played. More miracle worker means i can toss out more heals. More power means i can use a weapon battery, do more damage AND get more tanking, healing, and a better flying speed.

In comparison, the science traits sucks and the tactical ones are just ok but don't give something specific to the Tac career, which is dps. Here engs get something to help them doing what they're supposed to do: tanking and healing. If only the tac traits were dps-centric and the sci ones control-centric... I told you so: awesome.

Last edited by diogene0; 04-04-2013 at 02:28 AM.
Captain
# 13
04-04-2013, 02:31 AM
I like the Miracle Worker one too, but I dunno about the batteries. I just don't like the related inventory management batteries bring. I'd like this trait if they brought rechargable batteries back.
Captain
# 14
04-04-2013, 03:03 AM
I think at least part of the reason the space traits are 'bad' is that even Cryptic themselves have no idea what Engineers are supposed to do in space. They're not 'dps' so they don't get damage/attacking related traits. They're not 'space magic' or 'healing' so they don't get traits related to that.

So what's left over? Well you've just excluded basically 90% of the game- no wonder it's all down to power levels and making miracle worker recharge faster.
Career Officer
# 15
04-04-2013, 03:28 AM
I use battery powers on mine all the time including a console from a science ship and the red matter capacitor. I do agree tho they need to do more.
I would like for the devs to open a poll/feedback thread on what exactly the players would like to see in the near future for the game.
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
04-04-2013, 04:35 AM
Gee I sure hope we get a career respec as well as a trait one too. Want to ditch my Eng career asap on my main

Fed Eng (Main). Fed Sci. Fed Tac. Rom Sci (KDF)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Rihannsu
# 17
04-04-2013, 05:48 AM
Here's my take: are they better than the sci/Tac ones?

One of the Tac ones gives you a chance at a modest damage resistance bonus when you use go down fighting.

then for Sci we have a reduced cooldown on photonic fleet.

To me the question isn't whether the eng traits are bad it's whether they're worse than the others.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 18
04-04-2013, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
From my point of view, these traits are by far the best career traits because i already play my cruiser the way it's supposed to be played. More miracle worker means i can toss out more heals. More power means i can use a weapon battery, do more damage AND get more tanking, healing, and a better flying speed.
You don't seem to understand why EPS Manifold Efficiency is bad. A small temporary boost to all subsystems is not very useful. Do you need more shield power if you are not in danger? Do you need more engine power if you are not trying to run? Do you need more auxiliary power if you are not healing? Which subsystem you need power to is situational. The benefit of this trait is divided among all subsystems. That's why it's weak. What would be useful is a controlled, large boost to one subsystem. However, your power is still capped at 125, so the benefit you derive from extra power is inherently limited. That's why I suggest temporarily removing the cap.

Last edited by frtoaster; 04-04-2013 at 06:10 AM.
Captain
# 19
04-04-2013, 08:20 AM
I sincerely hope the people who think the Miracle Worker one is bad stay as far away from any elite STF's I play as possible.

The battery one is trash, but so are batteries.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Career Officer
# 20
04-04-2013, 08:30 AM
With the innate battery (capacitor) the new very rare warp core variants are coming with, engineers could get some good use out of them with their ability to seriously increase the usefulness of batteries.
----