Commander
# 31
04-04-2013, 04:36 AM
It would be nice if I could choose a smaller version of the NPC chat window. I like the Holodeck size where it lets me know but it does not block my entire view of the screen. It pops up enough on ground missions at random times enough as is. The new one will not just keep me from using any of my abilities till I tell the idiot to shutup but it will also block my view of whats killing me.

I normally play The Big Dig a fair amount and that fool has gotten me killed at least a dozen times with his constant yammering on about things I'm in the middle of doing, or objectives I've already completed. I can only imagine how much I'll want to hit his knee with a disruptor if he also gets to block my entire view while hes doing it. Can't easily close that window either, have to find the mouse and click cancel.
Commander
# 32
04-04-2013, 04:54 AM
The contribution sliders in the new interface feel really bad. It jerks over really easy and you have no real fine control over it. Its this huge bar but I tried to see how fine I could contibute my expertse and it ticked some one invisible set spot to another and incrimented by 25. Could not get it down any lower. It was really lose and took the feeling of control I have on Holodeck away.

The compass at the top of the screen has been made really thin feeling. I can barely see if much of the time and actually forgot it was there till I noticed it flicker. Standing on ESD and looking at the ground device merchantes I can't see it at all with those boxes as a background.

Ended up having to change my resolution to 1776x1000 to get rid of the flickering I was having on all text and straight lines. Native is a 1080p monitor. At least now my head is not hurting as much.
Commander
# 33
04-04-2013, 08:20 AM
Um... just went to try and copy another character over to see how Catian traits are affected by the update, I don't have them unlocked on tribble, and the character copy program says I have zero characters in STO. Although I logged in and used several just a couple hours ago.

I've copied characters over before with no issue but now it thinks I don't have any.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Ah maybe its because Holodeck is down for maintnance. I'll try again when its up.
Lieutenant
# 34
04-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikuruyo View Post
...just went to try and copy another character over to see how Catian traits are affected by the update, I don't have them unlocked on tribble...
The tribble server doesn't usually include the cstore unclocks you have purchased on your account. You will have to copy your caitian when holodeck is back up or purchase caitians on the tribble cstore with tribble zen.
Career Officer
# 35
04-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Anyone who tried to copy a character to Tribble last night, does it still wipe out your gear and bank on the Tribble side?
Lieutenant
# 36
04-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Anyone who tried to copy a character to Tribble last night, does it still wipe out your gear and bank on the Tribble side?
That is a reported bug that evidently they are looking into still. Your character transfers end up losing equipped items and things in the bank and inventory etcetera. Characters you had previously copied, however, do not suffer from this bug.
Career Officer
# 37
04-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralblackbar View Post
That is a reported bug that evidently they are looking into still. Your character transfers end up losing equipped items and things in the bank and inventory etcetera. Characters you had previously copied, however, do not suffer from this bug.
At least there's the DS9 Omega/Romulan Rep vendor to help re-start (or improve? ) builds. Thanks for confirming it's still around.
Commander
# 38
04-04-2013, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralblackbar View Post
Agreed. Much appreciated.

Indeed, there are three new columns: Queued, Playing, and Wait Time. The Challenge and Players columns have been renamed Skill and Team respectively.
Yes thanks it saves a long wait, now keep your paws off or ill send you to your room
Captain
# 39
04-04-2013, 01:56 PM
Will the change for combat pets also be applied to carrier pets? Or is it already.
Career Officer
# 40
04-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Is there any chance we could get the dread saucer separation on tribble too?
I'd really like to bugtest it before it goes to holodeck.
There are also some other bugs with it like the dual cannons not shooting simultaneously when no ability is activated, weapon ahrdpoints (especially torps on the Venture variant), and the middle narcelle trail being off.

And yes I am aware this tribble test is not about said ship, but romors say its scheduled to come to Holodeck before or together with Legacy of romulus, so a chance to test it would be nice.

Last edited by dracondarknight; 04-04-2013 at 02:37 PM.