Sort of off topic, but I got this a couple of weeks ago :p

http://tinyurl.com/cful8o9
Lieutenant
# 12
04-04-2013, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dauntlessf05 View Post
I forgot about that little fact lol.. my bad
And even though the books aren't exactly cannon, if you read the ENT relaunch books, you find out that Trip isn't actually dead. I won't go any further than that to avoid spoilers in case anyone wants to find out for themselves. The book is "The Good That Men Do" by Andy Mangels & Michael A. Martin. Highly recommend that you check it out.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
04-04-2013, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawkonespn View Post
And even though the books aren't exactly cannon, if you read the ENT relaunch books, you find out that Trip isn't actually dead. I won't go any further than that to avoid spoilers in case anyone wants to find out for themselves. The book is "The Good That Men Do" by Andy Mangels & Michael A. Martin. Highly recommend that you check it out.

I think I'm going to be buying a book this weekend lol
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
04-04-2013, 03:54 PM
aaaaaand purchased from amazon lol

Last edited by dauntlessf05; 04-04-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Career Officer
# 15
04-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post

The downside I see is that the actors haven't been kept on ice all this time - they're all visibly older than they were.
Archer: "T'Pol, we need to fight those Klingons that are boarding the Enterprise.... get my walker !"

T'Pol: "Get it yourself ! I'm experiencing the first violent onslaught of Men'Po !"

Archer: " What the hell is Men'Po ?!"

T'Pol: "Vulcan menopause !"

Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Captain
# 16
04-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
The downside I see is that the actors haven't been kept on ice all this time - they're all visibly older than they were.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkyISf_KDLI

In all seriousness ... the actors' ages don't really matter, as long as they can still do their acting. Sulu, for example, appeared in VOY "Flashback" while supposedly the same age he was in TUC.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
04-04-2013, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkyISf_KDLI

In all seriousness ... the actors' ages don't really matter, as long as they can still do their acting. Sulu, for example, appeared in VOY "Flashback" while supposedly the same age he was in TUC.
+/- 10 years isn't too difficult to do with makeup on most actors. Sounds like they managed to pass off the Arrested Development cast as a year older when the new season was filmed six years after the last. A new Enterprise season could easily be set several years later to trim down the difference.
Career Officer
# 18
04-04-2013, 04:59 PM
Personally, rather than an ENT relaunch I'd much rather see a brand-new series set in 2387 and depicting the Hobus Supernova and its immediate fallout in the prime universe.

Get Leonard Nimoy and Eric Bana to guest star in the big-budget pilot, which ends with the Nararda and the Jellyfish getting sucked into Spock's black hole as our new ship of heroes looks on. Then they go off from there alternately helping and fighting the Romulans and finding new friends and foes and boldly going etc.

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Career Officer
# 19
04-04-2013, 06:17 PM
I support this
Captain
# 20
04-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
Personally, rather than an ENT relaunch I'd much rather see a brand-new series set in 2387 and depicting the Hobus Supernova and its immediate fallout in the prime universe.

Get Leonard Nimoy and Eric Bana to guest star in the big-budget pilot, which ends with the Nararda and the Jellyfish getting sucked into Spock's black hole as our new ship of heroes looks on. Then they go off from there alternately helping and fighting the Romulans and finding new friends and foes and boldly going etc.
Why can't we have both?

(preferably not at the same time, though)
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q