Former PWE Community Team Lead
Hi Captains,

With Legacy of Romulus due out next month, and the introduction of a third faction, the time has come to start thinking about a forum reorganization. As you are the community and utilize the forums, I'd love to get your input and suggestions. Ultimately, I'll also need to make sure that the organizations make sense for the Dev team as they are reading the forums for feedback constantly, but I'd really like to involve you all in the process.

So, let's get started! Feel free to make descriptive suggestions or post something like this:

STO Forums
.Information and Discussion
..Federation News Network
..Release Notes
..Dev Tracker

etc, etc, etc.

Feel free to use the index as your guide: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php

Here's a few questions we should also think about:

Should the shipyards sub-forum (builds, feedback, not art, etc.) still be separated by faction?
Are there any forums that you think should be combined?
Is STO discussion and General Community Feedback too similar or should we keep them separated?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and suggestions

Once we all come to, or at least try to, a consensus, the changes will be made. The goal for this is a week or two before the expansion launches. NOTE: These changes will not include the future update mentioned here, nor will anything else be changing at this time, other than what forums we have and the organization of them.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Republic Veteran
# 2
04-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Firstly I think we should rename the Federation News Network. Cryptic's got people who constantly talk about how this is "Federation Online" and it doesn't help when we have a federation motif and our news forum is named after the Federation. A new, neutral name would be better. Maybe a news network ran by the Ferengi? Ferenginar News Network. The Latinum Times. The GPL Journal. The Marauder Gazette.

Due to recent legitimate purchases on your account you have been placed on probation, because that makes good business sense, right? right?
Republic Veteran
# 3
04-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Branflakes, could you outline the categories/sections/teams whom are viewing the forums? It only have to be in broad strokes if you can.

I.e. does one team cover multiple categories? It would make it easier to suggest consolidation with that knowledge, so we don't suggest a scenario where one dev team have to ready two or more different sections of the forum, ideally.
# 4
04-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alastorforthrigh View Post
Firstly I think we should rename the Federation News Network. Cryptic's got people who constantly talk about how this is "Federation Online" and it doesn't help when we have a federation motif and our news forum is named after the Federation. A new, neutral name would be better. Maybe a news network ran by the Ferengi? Ferenginar News Network. The Latinum Times. The GPL Journal. The Marauder Gazette.
I'm not opposed to a rename at all Probably not the names you suggested, but...

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
04-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Firstly I think we should rename the Federation News Network.
I agree. Why not just "News Network" or something like "Game News".
Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief for Covenant of Honor [FED] (formerly Task Force A.W.O.L.)
House Leader for Honorable House or Mor'gue [KDF]
Republic Veteran
# 6
04-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Galactic News network... Done next.
# 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by aexrael View Post
Branflakes, could you outline the categories/sections/teams whom are viewing the forums? It only have to be in broad strokes if you can.

I.e. does one team cover multiple categories? It would make it easier to suggest consolidation with that knowledge, so we don't suggest a scenario where one dev team have to ready two or more different sections of the forum, ideally.
Every single forum is read by multiple devs, and all categories are covered currently. So we wouldn't want to get rid of any, but we can consolidate.

For example: The systems designers who work on ships read the two current subforums, among others, of course, so maybe those can be combined?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Rihannsu
# 8
Quote:
Dramatic-Family-Guy-Closet-Monkey-Point ^

I agree that some other third party name would be nice, to help expand the focus from just the Federation to all three parties. Ferengi are alright, maybe something that has a grander focus? IDK ill think on it some more and update.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
04-04-2013, 12:29 PM
Brandon , this is an excellent opportunity to include the role play forums which were discussed at the round table.
Vice Admiral Corris Sprint (@sprint01)
Commanding Officer - 26th Fleet [RP]
Star Trek: Praetorian Official Website
Lieutenant
# 10
04-04-2013, 12:30 PM
Just add romulan thread placeholders. When clicked, you will get a popup to choose to go either to federation thread or klingon one.
Closed Thread