Captain
Like steam or other ways.I dont like nor ever use my credit card online (yes its paranoia).Now after LoR many people will want subs ,some wont pay with credit cards and most people will miss the gold bonuses and cryptic will miss some money.
Republic Veteran
# 2
04-03-2013, 08:44 PM
I would absolutely love the ability to buy a lifetime sub through Steam, I've got money in a steam wallet, not so much in the real wallet.

Simplest solution: Put 30 day memberships in the z-store for 1500 zen and lifetime subs in at 30k zen.
Career Officer
# 3
04-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msk5 View Post
I would absolutely love the ability to buy a lifetime sub through Steam, I've got money in a steam wallet, not so much in the real wallet.

Simplest solution: Put 30 day memberships in the z-store for 1500 zen and lifetime subs in at 30k zen.
Umm, no. The purpose of a sub or LTS is to make cryptic money. There's too many ways to get free zen to makes this a profitable option for Cryptic.

Joined August 2009
Captain
# 4
04-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magusofborg View Post
Umm, no. The purpose of a sub or LTS is to make cryptic money. There's too many ways to get free zen to makes this a profitable option for Cryptic.
Umm,so you are one of those people who think the zen from the dilithium market comes from god?Well heres something that will shock you...it comes from people who already PAID for it.

Also I dont care who gets what ,I will never use a credit card online.If they want my money for a sub fine if not again fine.Till now I bought all zen through steam by using steam wallet.

P.s. Im one of those who had an account in 2010....cryptic found about the hacked data base in 2012...so yes ,I will never use a credit card even if God starts adding Free Zen on dilithium market.
Career Officer
# 5
04-07-2013, 02:25 PM
I believe what he meant is that you can get a ton of free zen from doing the surveys. I've made well over 5000 zen doing them. If they offer subs/LTS for zen, people would just grind surveys and get them without any money going to Cryptic. I do surveys every once in a while for a ship I want, but a $25 ship vs. a $300 LTS..that would just be too much of a loss for them.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Captain
# 6
04-07-2013, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
I believe what he meant is that you can get a ton of free zen from doing the surveys. I've made well over 5000 zen doing them. If they offer subs/LTS for zen, people would just grind surveys and get them without any money going to Cryptic. I do surveys every once in a while for a ship I want, but a $25 ship vs. a $300 LTS..that would just be too much of a loss for them.
Im in Europe...I never seen any zen survey thou I see the stupid banner (dont have add block on this browser) plus I dont have time for that.

Also that "free zen " from surveys is paid by those who make those surveys .
I buy zen and Ill give you my zen if you complete my survey.

As I said ,I dont care what others do ,I just said that it would be a good idea to give other ways to buy a sub or pay.
Captain
# 7
04-11-2013, 04:13 AM
I live in Europe, my problem is that PWE stopped using Direct Debit for the monthly subscriptions. They said they are working on a new solution, but that was 2 years ago and I am still a 200 day Vet.

Funny thing is, PWE uses Skrill (that includes Direct Debit) to buy Zen.

So I can use Direct Debit to send money to PWE to buy Zen, but not the monthly subscripton, what would be nearly the same thing. I know there are some differences between the book keeping but theoretically spoken, it's the same way.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-11-2013, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
how is this even possible, there is only a limited amount of surveys and the only offer like 15 zen each lol
Captain
# 9
04-11-2013, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beefsupreme79 View Post
how is this even possible, there is only a limited amount of surveys and the only offer like 15 zen each lol
Right now there are Surveys offering between 98-123 Zen each. There are Offers which run from 3 to 117 Zen. There are also major offers, like getting up to 5,000 Zen for being accepted to get a Discover Card or 1,500 Zen for being a new subscriber to Netflix.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Commander
# 10
04-11-2013, 09:52 AM
Anyone know if you can get round paying the VAT us UK folk have to pay anyhow ?

Like with paypal or something ?