Ensign
Seriously; Some balancing needs to be done on this mission. See screenshot for only the latest of unfortunate runs.

Not a single d'deridex or Scimitar. Only 3 mogais.

My PC group was fine. in fact, we were killing the groups so fast that we spent more time chatting about our lousy luck than actually freeing romulan ships. Every single one of us could solo the low-end defenses around the 1-point birds of prey.

http://postimg.org/image/n2e63tel9/

I got 13 romulan marks for 15 minutes of (admittedly, not much) effort. I usually pass over this mission in favor of something more productive, such as anything else. But as i was only a few romulan marks away from completing a project and had already run through my usual set, i decided "what the hell" and clicked join.

15 minutes and 13 romulan marks later, i remember why this mission is a waste of time.

So, some suggestions:
  • Increase base romulan mark payout (unlikely, but easiest solution, right?)
  • Change spawning algorithms to take into account which ships have been spawned previously. IE, for every BoP, you get XX% increased chance of a Scimitar. After, say, 5 straight BoPs, you are guaranteed to get a scimitar. Multiple high-point ships could also increase your chances of a low-tier ship to help balance.
  • More Spawn points could increase the chance of a superior ship spawning, but would increase travel time over the course of the event, something I've heard other people complain about.

Some of my veteran fleetmates say this mission used to be even MORE of a kick in the fork. I find that hard to believe.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
04-03-2013, 09:41 AM
+1. I don't have things that bad that often - normally it's all right - but when you get a bad one it's a real howler, not least because there aren't any missions that give STF-level quantities of Romulan Marks, and so it always takes longer to get stuff than it would with the Omega Force reputation.
Career Officer
# 3
04-03-2013, 11:08 AM
I rather like Azure, it's a fun few minutes of pew-pew for resources I can use.

That said, there are some issues with it.

As OP has said, occasionally one gets a really duff set of ships. All Bops and no Scimitars make Jack a dull boy.

However, this would be bearable if on those occasions you get 3 scimitars the reward wasn't capped.

Yesterday, I got one of each.

A bunch of Bops and Mogais and nothing else. Our team was quick enough and got round to everything we could but only cleared 13 RM.

I also got one where we had four, count them, four scimitars. We freed each one of those, as well as a smattering of other ships. We cleared 18 RM.

Seems to me, if you're going to cap the maximum RM drop, you should make sure that people actually have a chance to reach the cap.

Preferably, lose the cap.....because if the randomness is the point, then the cap mitigates against that.

Last edited by rinkster; 04-03-2013 at 11:08 AM. Reason: edited for a missing R
Captain
# 4
04-04-2013, 07:14 AM
In 15 minutes I could -

Do Sector Daily for 75 Rommie Marks
Do an eSTF for an average of 1,900 dil
Do Starbase Alert for 58 Fleet Marks
Do Azure Nebula for >20 Rom Marks and Fleet Marks

The real rub is how much I actually enjoy the Azure Nebula Mission
Lieutenant
# 5
04-04-2013, 10:54 AM
The biggest issue with Azure is that the event is both capped and time gated. It should be one or the other. Did we get the max number of points? Good, mission ends. OR you continue to accumulate points for the entire duration.

I am sorry about your bad encounter with the RNG, but that's a rare outcome.
Career Officer
# 6
04-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
In 15 minutes I could -

Do Sector Daily for 75 Rommie Marks
Do an eSTF for an average of 1,900 dil
Do Starbase Alert for 58 Fleet Marks
Do Azure Nebula for >20 Rom Marks and Fleet Marks

The real rub is how much I actually enjoy the Azure Nebula Mission
That's the thing.

I actually rather like running Azure.

I find it relaxing. Pretty background, nothing too challenging to shoot down. A half way competent team can do pretty good, even if short handed. Resets every 30 minutes so can slowly pile up a few RM/FM inbetween doing other things.

Decent practise shooting out Tholians (I'm guessing we'll be doing more of that soon enough).

I just wish the devs would look at how the rewards are sorted out and make it a little more logical.

But I'll probably keep flying it, because