Republic Veteran
# 21
04-04-2013, 12:26 PM
This dev blog has made me even more excited to play a Romulan. Thanks go to you, Dan, for enforcing my excitement for the May update. Having done some stuff on Tribble, I can say that it's looking like it'll be a very exciting time come May 21.
Survivor of Remus
# 22
04-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
Sorry Dan, we don't *want* the "advantage" of being able to fly Fed ships as Romulans. If we wanted that we'd play our Fed captains. Please, please please please get rid of this "feature" before it's too late and the faction is ruined for good.

Visual identity is important. If half of all Romulan characters are in Flavour of the Week C-store Fed/KDF ships, why even bother making a Romulan faction in the first place. By all means make the consoles from C-store ships available cross-faction... But I really don't know how the idea of smudging faction boundaries by allowing ships from one to the other came about, because nobody asked for it...
Please use the correct pronoun in your posts. The one you're looking for is "I".

I love it. I think it is a great way to add variety to what will be a popular faction and I am excited to be part of the story as it plays out!
Rihannsu
# 23
I know we will start out in our ancient TOS Warbird-of-Prey, or I expect this to be the case.

Will we have Romulan Warbirds for all levels as we level up so we may stay in Romulan only ships or is this where the "sharing" of KDF or FED ships comes into play?

I would rather not have any outside faction ships for the Romulans, but I would not stand in the way of others who may want that. I just would like to make sure that I can play Romulan only ships all the way up to max without having to fly a Fed or KDF ship if I do not want to.

-Seacat
Republic Veteran
# 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
Sorry Dan, we don't *want* the "advantage" of being able to fly Fed ships as Romulans. If we wanted that we'd play our Fed captains. Please, please please please get rid of this "feature" before it's too late and the faction is ruined for good.
Agree or disagree with the feature, it is pretty obvious why it was implemented. It's to give some form of "compensation" for all those ships people have accumulated over the years, that they might not be willing to give up, in order to play a third faction.

But given the nature of the faction, and the inherent bonus towards flying native ships, one could argue about whether being able to pilot all the old ships is even relevant outside of some roleplay scenario.
Survivor of Remus
# 25
04-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
Everything's great and all and I don't really mind the alliance fact or some other restrictions, but this:

This I find really disappointing. You can't really keep saying with straight face that romulans are their own unique fully-fledged faction while even their duty officer missions are going to be taken from either FED or KDF, with just "plans" of releasing their own doff packs. I find this worse than lack of proper romulan fleets...

Oh well, I guess this means I've got yet another reason to ally myself with klingons, as their doff missions are way better.
I'm confused if we're playing the same game. My KDF and Fed toons do the same missions all the time. Are those not real factions?
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
04-04-2013, 12:29 PM
I stopped reading at the part where Romulans can fly Federation/KDF ships, but Federaton/KDF cannot fly Romulan ships.

NOT the right thing to do. Allow both ways or none at all!

Might as well delete all federation and KDF characters and only create Romulan from here on out.....

Not cool.

Fed Eng (Main). Fed Sci. Fed Tac. Rom Sci (KDF)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day

Last edited by sunfrancks; 04-04-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Captain
# 27
04-04-2013, 12:31 PM
I've read where some people have concerns everyone will just make Romulan toons from now on b/c they get access to 2 faction gear sets. Along those lines:

1. Is there a limited set of allied faction gear, or is it all open? (eg low level z-store ships are faction only to prevent consoles not in boxes to cross lines)

2. Is there an extra cost for Romulan toons to obtain the allied gear compared to a toon in that allied faction?

3. Other than traits why would anyone play KDF/Fed after they've run through the storyline missions? Ie, what's the incentive to keep playing/make new Fed/KDF toons? Or is that something you're saving for down the road?

Edit:

Will unlocking Allied ships for Romulan Faction Toons require an additional purchase if it's already been bought for the allied Faction? Eg, a B'rel is purchased for a KDF toon via Zen store, does this purchase unlock from Romulan toons as well, or just KDF toons and a seperate purchase is require for Romulan toons?
[Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
Random Quote from Kerrat
"Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
C&H Fed banter

Last edited by p2wsucks; 04-04-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Survivor of Remus
# 28
04-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmal3 View Post
Oh God damn it! One unique thing that actually matters at endgame, is that really too much to ask?
You mean aside from the class of ships that has their own resource (Singularity Charge or whatever), and a whole set of unique, interesting innate powers and an exclusive item slot to modify/improve those powers?

Also, how can the doffs and boffs surprise you? Did you expect they were going to take away the Romulan doffs and boffs that many of us already have? (Some people in my fleet have entire bridge crews of 6 identical romulan dudes)
Captain
# 29
04-04-2013, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by originpi View Post
Please use the correct pronoun in your posts. The one you're looking for is "I".

I love it. I think it is a great way to add variety to what will be a popular faction and I am excited to be part of the story as it plays out!
Then why even bother to pretend there are multiple factions if the visual identity of them is so smudged that there might as well not be any. If you want to fly Fed ships, do it on your Fed. Romulan characters should fly Romulan ships.
Survivor of Romulus
# 30
04-04-2013, 12:33 PM
For me everything's fine except for Romulans flying Starfleet/Klingon ships.

Oh - and I'm going to ally with the Reds.