Rihannsu
# 11
04-04-2013, 12:56 PM
I really hope people keep their expectations in check (yeah i know who am i kidding?)

they will have their own storyline but dont expect 40-50 solid levels of missions. there is no way they can hammer out that much content. it will most likely use the FE already in place, possibly some converted missions, and the usually array of events and what not to get us there.

there will be unique romulan missions, there many even be a fair bit but dont expect it to look anything as full as the fed faction.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 12
04-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernandojimenez View Post
Romulans are FED and KDF playable races. Romulan story, ships and costumes don't make a faction. If you like new story, enjoy. If you like new ships, enjoy. If you like new costumes, enjoy. But dont call it faction because you are playing for FED or KDF, your starbase is FED or KDF, your Dutty system is FED or KDF, etc, etc.
+1 for truth
Captain
# 13
04-04-2013, 01:14 PM
Quote:
But dont call it faction because you are playing for FED or KDF, your starbase is FED or KDF, your Dutty system is FED or KDF, etc, etc.
I just wanted to point this out:

Quote:
[dStahl] Yes. Romulan captains and ships will be able to use the Duty Officer System and we are adding Romulans and Remans to Duty Officer Packs. We also have exclusive Romulan DOFF packs planned in the near future. Romulans will be able to completely outfit their ships with Romulan/Reman DOFFs and BOFFs. FED and KDF captains will also be able to obtain Romulan and Reman bridge officers. We also plan to offer Romulan Republic flavored Duty Officer Missions.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 14
04-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Based on the latest dev blog it seems that the Roms are much more independent then some people thought.
Lieutenant
# 15
04-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Give me the Romulan starbases and Dutty System and I'll play a Romulan. In other words, I will play a Romulan char when Cryptic/PWE give me, give us, Romulan starbases and Dutty System .
Captain
# 16
04-04-2013, 01:22 PM
As I posted above, the Roms do have their own Doffs. So they meet every criteria of a faction except bases - and I'm ok with that.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Lieutenant
# 17
04-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
As I posted above, the Roms do have their own Doffs. So they meet every criteria of a faction except bases - and I'm ok with that.
I am not ok with that , its a free world, you know . And, my allies are Romulans, not FED or KDF. I am a Romulan, I am not a KDF Romulan or FED Romulan.
Captain
# 18
04-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
I am not ok with that , its a free world, you know . And, my allies are Romulans, not FED or KDF. I am a Romulan, I am not a KDF Romulan or FED Romulan.
I'm relatively certain you are human with an Hispanic background of some sort, not Romulan.
Captain
# 19
04-04-2013, 01:30 PM
Quote:
I am not ok with that...
Well then I guess your option is play one and get most of what you want, or don't play one and get nothing.

Considering your avatar, I'd think that getting most everything you want would be enough to get you to play a Rom.
Lieutenant
# 20
04-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
I'm relatively certain you are human with an Hispanic background of some sort, not Romulan.
Well, remove all STO factions and problem solved .