Survivor of Remus
# 41
04-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
Some missions are the same, while most others are faction specific, with KDF having a nice advantage in this matter (contraband, prisoners, executions, raids etc.).

And now I read that Romulan and Reman doffs are just going to be added to the existing (FED/KDF) doff packs so that Romulan captains "WILL BE ABLE" to use their own doffs (in the same whay you're able to create a fully vulcan/andorian/orion crew atm), but the foundation seems to be the existing FED or KDF mission system. Not really impressed by that.

As for using other factions' ships - I don't mind. I want a plasmonic leech on my d'deridex yes please.
Well if I open a doffpack on a fed, I get fed dudes, if I open that exact same pack on KDF, I get bumpy headed pissed off dudes. So adding romulan and reman boffs to the pack probably just means that when a romulan opens it, they get dudes with heavy brows and pointy ears.

Also, to that last part: From the way I read it, you're getting fleet ships. No promise yet of you getting c-store ships from the other factions. So it might be no romulans in kumaris, and sadly no console for ~10 power to all subsystems in combat for our romulans either.
Career Officer
# 42
04-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
snip

I would prefer Romulans having their own time ships and their own uniforms to go with them.
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Starfleet Veteran
# 43
04-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aexrael View Post
Agree or disagree with the feature, it is pretty obvious why it was implemented. It's to give some form of "compensation" for all those ships people have accumulated over the years, that they might not be willing to give up, in order to play a third faction.

But given the nature of the faction, and the inherent bonus towards flying native ships, one could argue about whether being able to pilot all the old ships is even relevant outside of some roleplay scenario.
I agree to this 100%.

The way I see it, it is up to you the player as to how you play your Romulan. Just because you have the "ability" to fly your allied specific ships doesn't mean that you HAVE TO do it.
Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief for Covenant of Honor [FED] (formerly Task Force A.W.O.L.)
House Leader for Honorable House or Mor'gue [KDF]
Survivor of Remus
# 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmal3 View Post
Ok, you're right, I'm sorry. I overreacted a bit.

All the same though, the more information that comes out, the less actually unique content we're getting. So far we have ships. That's really it. Especially since I'm only aware of one unique trait, which may well only be unique in name, we have no idea if the others will get a functionally identical trait. And erm... what item slot? Do you mean warp cores? 'cos everyone gets those.

Edit- and there's a difference between a non-customisable, unique boff and a real, fully customizable set of boffs from our own factions species. Also, while I don't mind people keeping the boffs they already have I had, perhaps foolishly, hoped they might remove them for future purchase.
Singularity Cores vs Warp Cores. Both are on tribble, check them out, they are pretty different, though they both have a bonus to power in some way, the Singularity cores seem to only give that power if your hoard your "Singularity Charge".

And have you seen the Singularity Core that confuses high yield torps!? I want 5.
Lt. Commander
# 45
ok this is just more explanation of what has already been said so wheres the new stuff so we can talk about that more
Lt. Commander
# 46
04-04-2013, 12:48 PM
So as a Romulan player I get access to all the ships of the game as long as I have a Romulan on both sides. Hmm its good to be a Romulan, sucks for KDF and FED races though.
Captain
# 47
04-04-2013, 12:49 PM
Hmm. Will Romulans have Romulan doffs (unusable BY KDF/FED), or, since doffing starts at lvl 10 (same as allying with another faction), just gain access to the whole doff system (doff missions, doffs themselves) of their ally?

The second possibility would mean there would only remain 2 factions' doffs and that you couldn't doff without choosing an ally.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Survivor of Remus
# 48
04-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aexrael View Post
Agree or disagree with the feature, it is pretty obvious why it was implemented. It's to give some form of "compensation" for all those ships people have accumulated over the years, that they might not be willing to give up, in order to play a third faction.

But given the nature of the faction, and the inherent bonus towards flying native ships, one could argue about whether being able to pilot all the old ships is even relevant outside of some roleplay scenario.
I hate to be "that guy", but he said fleet ships. You -might- not get your c-store ones. That would make sense because the unlock in the c-store is faction wide, new faction wouldn't get access to it.

That also answers the guy who was whining about giving the state of the art flagships to outsiders. No c-store ships means no Oddy/Bortasqu for Romulans, though with a T5 fleet shipyard they could get the crummy version.
Career Officer
# 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
Hmm. Will Romulans have Romulan doffs (unusable BY KDF/FED), or, since doffing starts at lvl 10 (same as allying with another faction), just gain access to the whole doff system (doff missions, doffs themselves) of their ally?

The second possibility would mean there would only remain 2 factions' doffs.
This trouble me too. I was looking forward to a Romulan flavored category....
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Survivor of Romulus
# 50
The Boss clearly said we get our own Doffs