Survivor of Romulus
# 61
04-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny111971 View Post
Then lets drop the faction pretense and just all join the Klingederation Republic. Since in the long run, using your logic, there will be nothing (nor should there be) unique to of any faction. Save an inate trait (but given the new trait system, how long until that becomes available to everyone as well?).

Sorry, it just makes no sense to me... Fed fly Federation Ships, KDF Fly Klingon Ships, Romulans Fly ... anything they damn well want?

I'm of the same mind. What's the point of a faction if you can do everything everyone else does? It takes away from the unique identity--even if individuals have the choice not to participate. As it is, we know Romulan space will be full Romulan captains in Federation and Klingon ships. That just feels uncomfortable to me.
Empire Veteran
# 62
04-04-2013, 12:57 PM
Personally, I have no problem with the way Cryptic is bringing in the Romulans. I think people had an unrealistic expectation that the same years of work that went into the Feds would be magically mirrored overnight in a Romulan faction.

If more people had played KDF, maybe they would have gone the same way for the third faction.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Survivor of Romulus
# 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by saedeith View Post
It sounds like the Romulans will be getting 1 or 2 unique episode series and then it is back to doing the shared series. Disappointing.
40 levels worth
Thats a hell of a lot more than the Feds have

meanwhile I think I have found the Battle theme for my Romulans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK8zv...feature=relmfu
Career Officer
# 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
I apologize in advance if my comments come across as aggressive.

What right has the UFP to deem it improper for Sela to rule as an Empress? What right has the UFP to deem it acceptable to supply ship and weapons technology (humanitarian aid is fine) to one faction in an internal conflict of another society? All I'm getting from this is that I just have to accept it without explanation. But why? Can't we expand the story to explain why President Aennik Okeg sanctioned these actions? Maybe hes an imposter, or maybe he is against it and the council forced his hand?

I can't believe he cited Kira in command of the defiant as an answer. Hello? That doesn't mean it was suddenly under the ownership of the Bajoran Provisional Government! They certainly didn't get the opportunity to open her up and photocopy the cloaking device at their leisure.
ummmm.... No answer is going to make you happy as you have raged and raged all over these forums about the Romulans since they were announced. A simple answer would be if the feds don't step up, the Klingons will anyways... where does that leave the Federation? An alliance between the Klingons and RR wouldn't bode well for the feds in the fed/kdf war. So to protect the overall stability of the quadrant and balance of power the Feds will have to be flexible as they have in the past with their prime directive.
Career Officer
# 65
04-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Quote:
[Terilynn] Can you clarify how ships will be able to be used? Will Federation/KDF players be able to fly Romulan vessels? Will Romulan players be able to fly KDF or Starfleet ships?

[dStahl] This is where Romulan Republic captains have an advantage. Not only can they pilot their exclusive Warbird class ships with singularity cores, but they also gain the ability to command ships of their ally, much like Kira Nerys would command the Defiant while still wearing her Bajoran Militia uniform.

Romulans also gain access to the Fleet Ships of their chosen ally as well as any Romulan Republic only Fleet ships. They can also fly any limited edition lock box ship as well.

One potential disadvantage to commanding an allies' ship is that Romulan Captains have a unique species space trait called subterfuge which provides a bonus to cloak and decloak ambush damage. If a Romulan is flying a ship without cloak, they are not getting the most out of their trait.

To clarify, this alliance does not extend in reverse. FED and KDF captains will not be allowed to command Warbirds. The deal that D?Tan makes with these factions when New Romulus is established is for Romulan technology (via the Reputation System) but that doesn?t extend to Republic ships.
Looks to me like that the Federation and Klingons have become more naive than ever. Let's look at the threats lingering at their doorsteps:

- Borg invaded on a large scale
- Species 8472 trying to undermine and destroy both factions
- A known threat of Iconians
- FED and KDF still fighting a war against each other

and yet both factions are giving away their ships with no benefit in return than a Romulan fighting for their side? Now, that seems to make up for everything.
Story and logic-wise very weak.

When it comes to having to decide which side to join as a Romulan I don't have a problem with it at all. It seems OK to me from what I can follow. What I cannot understand is the poor explanation why and how things are leading to this point.

Dear devs, you have raised more questions and are complicating things more than neccessary. The real best thing to stop the worries of the playerbase now would be unlock Romulan play and show players how you want to introduce this long expected faction.
The longer this "Hide and Seek" tactic of you goes, the more players get confused and frustrated.
Captain
# 66
04-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
Not really. Each faction has their own doff pack, aside from those mini-lockbox ones. And from the sound of the blog, as well as some previous info, Roms will use their ally's duty officer packs (for example, getting some rommies AND klingons/orions/gorn), while their own pack is going to be introduced much later. The fact that they say the same about Romulan Republic spiced missions would only support this theory.

Oh well, more contraband for me I guess...
There are plenty of chances to get cross faction and even non-faction Doffs just doing Doff missions as KDF/Feds. As a Romulan I'd bet a player could pay some dilithium to convert ... err ... upgrade ... err ... retrain non-romulan faction doffs into romulan doffs if that player wanted. Not sure why this is a big deal.

Tbh imo, looks like potentionally one of the best updates Cryptic has released in years. I've been consistantly hard on their mgt choices as well just to head off any potential "fan boy" references from anyone.
[Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
Random Quote from Kerrat
"Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
C&H Fed banter
Empire Veteran
# 67
04-04-2013, 12:59 PM
i still think roms being able to fly kdf and fd ships is just inherently wrong, even if that limits extreamly what a rom captain has to choose from. claiming a c store fed or rom ship should just deposit the universal console it has in our inventory, not give us the whole ship.

at least fed and kdf cant fly rom ships. NEVER let that happen! no lock boxes or anything!

that being said, i liked everything else i heard in the blog, and am totaly looking forward to this! will lifetimers have access to the closed beta? i think thats a good idea!
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 68
04-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
Sorry Dan, we don't *want* the "advantage" of being able to fly Fed ships as Romulans. If we wanted that we'd play our Fed captains. Please, please please please get rid of this "feature" before it's too late and the faction is ruined for good.

Visual identity is important. If half of all Romulan characters are in Flavour of the Week C-store Fed/KDF ships, why even bother making a Romulan faction in the first place. By all means make the consoles from C-store ships available cross-faction... But I really don't know how the idea of smudging faction boundaries by allowing ships from one to the other came about, because nobody asked for it...
No one says you have to fly one... but maybe I would prefer to. I doubt many will fly them anyways... the point of being a rommie is for the story and the ships. Besides everyone will want to get more lock box shinys anyways.
Lt. Commander
# 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
40 levels worth
Thats a hell of a lot more than the Feds have

meanwhile I think I have found the Battle theme for my Romulans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK8zv...feature=relmfu
Maybe I am missing something but where are you getting the 40 levels worth information from? From what I read, from the Cardassian series going forward will be the leveling path for the Romulans.

I could have misread something.
Survivor of Romulus
# 70
Both sides Need the Romulans to help them beat the Borg (who frankly should not still be in the game in the first place)