Lieutenant
# 71
04-04-2013, 01:01 PM
An easy question: FED and KDF players can't group together, they have different factions so, can FED Romulans and KDF Romulans group together?.
Captain
# 72
04-04-2013, 01:01 PM
The amount of spin in that article is worthy of Romulans. Most of all, I love how throwing the KDF some bones by letting them play new Fed content is now part of the broader and long-term game design regarding factions. It's all part of the plan!

I also love this:

Quote:
In some ways, the Romulan Republic is reflective of political divisions making headline news in our world today.
Suddenly the Star Trek game that has avoided the central component of Star Trek's exploration of moral, social, and political issues now has something to say about politics. Of course, it involves WARRRR! and shooting bad guys in the face.

It's difficult not be cynical here when it seems like the story justifications conveniently match what Cryptic can't do, in terms of adding an actual second or third faction that is comparable in any way to the Feds.

I often imagine that the following conversation took place:

PWE: You want to make a third faction??? You never fleshed out or finished the second one!
Cryptic: Don't worry, that's not our definition of a faction. We'll just give the third faction the end game content of the other two, plus anything the other two share.

I'll be highly surprised if any of that shared content even makes sense for Romulans to play. They'll be asking, gee what do I do with Starfleet boffs on my Excelsior? Oh well, time to go protect the Federation from the Tholian menace! I need to dump my dilithium into that Federation base.

Last edited by kirksplat; 04-04-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Captain
# 73
04-04-2013, 01:02 PM
Since when is having the devs give people MORE options a bad thing? People have always said in these forums that they should give us the option of choice, not take it away. Nobody is stopping a Romulan faction character from flying only Romulan ships. At no point will you have to fly a Fed/KDF ship, but that option is simply there for those that want it.

If people convince Cryptic to take away a choice that they wanted to give us, that will set a very bad precedent.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Survivor of Romulus
# 74
04-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saedeith View Post
Maybe I am missing something but where are you getting the 40 levels worth information from? From what I read, from the Cardassian series going forward will be the leveling path for the Romulans.

I could have misread something.
Think you have yes
Read the big blog posts carefully
they said we can have the FE series that you Start at level 40+
And pre 40 its unigue or semi unique Romulan stuff

And I Still want a Romulan hand weapon like the npcs who keep shooting them at me
and some of those stupidly powerful double str plasma grenades from new romulus
Survivor of Remus
# 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernandojimenez View Post
An easy question: FED and KDF players can't group together, they have different factions so, can FED Romulans and KDF Romulans group together?.
Thats a great question!
Rihannsu
# 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
There are plenty of chances to get cross faction and even non-faction Doffs just doing Doff missions as KDF/Feds. As a Romulan I'd bet a player could pay some dilithium to convert ... err ... upgrade ... err ... retrain non-romulan faction doffs into romulan doffs if that player wanted. Not sure why this is a big deal.
I've got no problem with doffs themselves, but rather with the fact that romulan doff system seems to be the exact same one of their allies.

There are many good points in the commens as to why would anyone want to create FED/KDF character for purposes other than the story.

Roms get FED/KDF toys, ships, system, missions, as well as their own. This may and probably will be fun, don't get me wrong, but when we'll look at the bigger picture there are some concerns as to whether they're really a faction, or just re-skinned FED/KDF with added bonuses.
Lt. Commander
# 77
04-04-2013, 01:04 PM
The real dispute is what a faction in a MMO means to people, to me this not a faction by the other mmo's I have played standards. Like the Panda race in WoW its a race choice with cool content of its own for Blue and Red team players.
Career Officer
# 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmal3 View Post
Okay, it makes sense and looks cool, except (and this is a big except) for romulan flying non romulan ships. Lockbox ships are ok but not fed/kdf ships. This shouldn't be possible. I hope you just remove this option.
Maybe find a way to limit them, like in terms of tier of fed/kdf can be used or have a hard limit on ship slot a romulan captain can use to store fed/kdf ships.... (or both).

If consoles are an issue, need a way to let romulans have access to these, I will let creative people put their minds on that one.

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Captain
# 79
I appreciate all of the work put into this expansion, May will be great. Just one thing Cryptic, please consider removing the Romulan ability to fly Starfleet and KDF ships. I could see the factions sharing technology, but the Klingons would never share their ships with the Romulans and Starfleet Intelligence would be very strongly opposed to sharing their latest technology with a race known for their deception. Having Starfleet/KDF ships on the Romulan side would also break the immersion to a degree.
Captain
# 80
04-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Seems nice!

Is there any way of getting into the closed beta ?
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.