Career Officer
# 111
04-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
I thought you were talking about winter coats, temporal jumpsuits, etc.
Okay, I think they should have access to all cross-faction stuff. But the faction-flavored stuff should come in a Romulan version too.
Empire Veteran
# 112
04-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saedeith View Post
It sounds like the Romulans will be getting 1 or 2 unique episode series and then it is back to doing the shared series. Disappointing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Honestly, I couldn't be more excited. I've played some of the content (saving as much as I can for the actual launch) and have had some of the most fun gaming I've ever had in my life. The team has done an incredible job with the Romulan Republic faction and I can not wait till you all get to roll your first Romulan. Prepare for your minds to be blown.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Well, unless you guys can't top the writing and questing in The Secret Word, i doubt my mind will be blown.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Survivor of Romulus
# 113
04-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Honestly, I couldn't be more excited. I've played some of the content (saving as much as I can for the actual launch) and have had some of the most fun gaming I've ever had in my life. The team has done an incredible job with the Romulan Republic faction and I can not wait till you all get to roll your first Romulan. Prepare for your minds to be blown.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Excellent
We know you to be a "True" STO player and I personally Value your opinion.

(No Guys im NOT sucking up)
Republic Veteran
# 114
04-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
Sorry Dan, we don't *want* the "advantage" of being able to fly Fed ships as Romulans. If we wanted that we'd play our Fed captains. Please, please please please get rid of this "feature" before it's too late and the faction is ruined for good.

Visual identity is important. If half of all Romulan characters are in Flavour of the Week C-store Fed/KDF ships, why even bother making a Romulan faction in the first place. By all means make the consoles from C-store ships available cross-faction... But I really don't know how the idea of smudging faction boundaries by allowing ships from one to the other came about, because nobody asked for it...
This I agree with 110%
Commander
# 115
04-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Have their been more than one Captain on a FED-Ship from the bajoran military?
No!
Have their been FED ships with full bajoran military crews?
No!
So this is not an argument [dstahl]! There will be FED-Ships with a full romulan/reman crew, which is nothing else than an technology sellout! FED is sharing military technology! Are you serious?

Furthermore you threatend us with romulan lockboxes last week. You said there will be romulan ships for FED- and KDF-Captains, so the following has to be a lie:
Quote:
To clarify, this alliance does not extend in reverse. FED and KDF captains will not be allowed to command Warbirds. The deal that D?Tan makes with these factions when New Romulus is established is for Romulan technology (via the Reputation System) but that doesn?t extend to Republic ships.
Or you changed your mind, which would be much better.
Career Officer
# 116
04-04-2013, 02:20 PM
Any word on Liberated Borg Romulans/Remans?
Survivor of Romulus
# 117
04-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeratk View Post
Have their been more than one Captain on a FED-Ship from the bajoran military?
No!
Have their been FED ships with full bajoran military crews?
No!
So this is not an argument [dstahl]! There will be FED-Ships with a full romulan/reman crew, which is nothing else than an technology sellout! FED is sharing military technology! Are you serious?

Furthermore you threatend us with romulan lockboxes last week. You said there will be romulan ships for FED- and KDF-Captains, so the following has to be a lie:

Or you changed your mind, which would be much better.
Actually yes
The Federation supplied Bajor with Runabouts
Captain
# 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Well some Romulan Scientists might "Ah the Federation Captain who killed my immediate superior , Let me buy you a drink and an orion slave girl"
Yeah, those would be the Undine you could've tested for if you hadn't wiped all their Scientists out.
[Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
Random Quote from Kerrat
"Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
C&H Fed banter
Career Officer
# 119
[Terilynn] Can you clarify how ships will be able to be used? Will Federation/KDF players be able to fly Romulan vessels? Will Romulan players be able to fly KDF or Starfleet ships?

[dStahl] This is where Romulan Republic captains have an advantage. Not only can they pilot their exclusive Warbird class ships with singularity cores, but they also gain the ability to command ships of their ally, much like Kira Nerys would command the Defiant while still wearing her Bajoran Militia uniform.

Romulans also gain access to the Fleet Ships of their chosen ally as well as any Romulan Republic only Fleet ships. They can also fly any limited edition lock box ship as well.

One potential disadvantage to commanding an allies' ship is that Romulan Captains have a unique species space trait called subterfuge which provides a bonus to cloak and decloak ambush damage. If a Romulan is flying a ship without cloak, they are not getting the most out of their trait.

To clarify, this alliance does not extend in reverse. FED and KDF captains will not be allowed to command Warbirds. The deal that D?Tan makes with these factions when New Romulus is established is for Romulan technology (via the Reputation System) but that doesn?t extend to Republic ships.
[quote]

...reading this makes me feel sick! PLZ step back from giving overall ship-access to rommies, this is just incredible...*fill in ungentle word*...
why anyone ever should play anything else than a rommie??? what about diversity and balance??? flatening everything to equal (in an unequal way ^^), guess that deserves some form of respect (may anyone can take that point of view ;D).
PLZZZZ really rethink this deeeeeply!!! thx.

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc/Rom: Lag Industries - D'Waste/Fed-Sci: Lag Industries - IAM
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PvP improvements, since 2010 lol
/50+ Fleet-, Lobi- and Lockboxships=unreclaimable trash
Career Officer
# 120
04-04-2013, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorseacat View Post
I know we will start out in our ancient TOS Warbird-of-Prey, or I expect this to be the case.

Will we have Romulan Warbirds for all levels as we level up so we may stay in Romulan only ships or is this where the "sharing" of KDF or FED ships comes into play?

I would rather not have any outside faction ships for the Romulans, but I would not stand in the way of others who may want that. I just would like to make sure that I can play Romulan only ships all the way up to max without having to fly a Fed or KDF ship if I do not want to.

-Seacat
Agreed. I like that its an individual players decision for once. Who really is going to fly a ship they have been flying for months anyways. I can see where you might want to take a rommie on a fleet defiant for the added cloak ability but is it worth sacrificing other traits? We don't even know the rommie ship specs yet...

Why does everyone obsess with how other people want to enjoy their gaming experience... live and let live. The story in STO is what STO makes it to be whether or not anyone agrees with it. You don't have to like it and you don't have to play it. You can move on to a whole different game. I have had my differences in decisions they have made and made my thoughts known but once I have done that enough said... continuing to whine incessantly on the forums just makes you look like a grown baby. It doesn't change the fact that you are playing the story that STO chooses to create for you for better or worse. Stories evolve and times change and since this is the only trek in this time line they decide what is canon and what is not when they write STO's future. CBS provides its blessing and life goes on.