Lieutenant
# 191
04-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
- Reserved for my comments -

Funny, you have not sent a reply about the fact that people are upset with romulans being able to fly Starfleet an Klingon ships...
Cryptic Studios Team
# 192
04-04-2013, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
"Shut up or leave"...
I was thanking him for his viewpoint, and I didn't say the words (despite the way you edited the quote). Those were someone else's words. It is illustrating the point that you can't please everyone all the time. The fact that we've created a Romulan faction at all is testimony that we listened to player requests. Some people are happy with it, some aren't. We are listening and considering the feedback. We'll consider changes as we have in the past. If at the end of the day you decide that you just don't like our decisions, then all I can say is that I'm sorry.
Captain
# 193
04-04-2013, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangolight View Post
If people convince Cryptic to take away a choice that they wanted to give us, that will set a very bad precedent.
Which would be what exactly ?
That a Cardassian faction won't be flying Defiants ?
That a Dominion faction won't be flying Birds of Prey ?
That a Borg faction won't be flying War Birds ?

Taking away that kind of a "bad precedent" would be a blessing .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
I do hope Cryptic isn't playing favourites with the journalists.
Heh .... good one ... .
I am loosing STO with each new system based update and with each removal and editing of content .
I don't know how to save her from her systems obsessed masters who seek to control and monetize me more and more .

Last edited by aelfwin1; 04-04-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Captain
# 194
04-04-2013, 02:28 PM
What does this mean?

Quote:
At launch, Romulans will not be able to play Foundry missions until they choose an ally, and then they can only play Foundry missions created for that Ally. As many have suggested, we will be adding a new filter that will allow Foundry authors to create Romulan specific missions that only Romulans (of either faction) can fly and team together for.
When will foundry authors be able to create Romulan foundry missions and when will Roms be able to play them?

Btw, great Freudian slip: "Romulans (of either faction)..."

Last edited by kirksplat; 04-04-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Survivor of Remus
# 195
04-04-2013, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
she proved out of the over 700 posts most were from the same persons and only 192 accounts were used either pro or anti LoR...even with both still not a lot of people.
Again, using her entirely subjective opinions on what qualified to which category. From one thread only. Where she discounted 47% of the posts.

Terrible journalism. Especially when you consider she apparently has commented on STO players in the past with comments like players who play STF Elites are "pathetic" and people who PvP need to "get a life", and "go play WoW". Link Here

We're supposed to believe her objectivity? Right.
Career Officer
# 196
04-04-2013, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegeta50024
There is the fact that D'Tan's Romulans are trying to get away from all the deception. On New Romulus and around Tau Dewa, anytime you fight Romulans now, they are the Tal'Shiar, who have been a threat for a long time. The federation is simply trying to help a group that they see as another ally who needs their help.
And they can have all the Mirandas they want, but let's be clear: Starfleet's never been beyond grand and foolish gestures of good faith, however there's a pretty thick red line being crossed when you're furnishing a very unstable foreign power with large quantities of your own top of the line equipment. It's not done. You always hold something back. And I'd say T4 is the limit. Certainly not the fleet or C-store variants.

They won't go for it, though. I have no illusions about that. The entire point is that the other factions' ships includes the C-store ones. Sell sell sell. They're of course particularly hoping that with the stealth trait, and the KDF option, that means most Romulans will go that way and they'll be able to recoup the losses on some of the ships they've been building for those smelly deadbeats all these years, and I can only heartily hope they succeed overwhelmingly.

I suppose we'll either just have to lock the Romulans out of 'their' ship's prefix codes, and hope that keeps them in line, or remind the Romulans that they're at colony strength, and we've squashed bugs that were tougher than that. Though that last one really seems more like the KDF option.
Reave

Last edited by hrisvalar; 04-04-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Captain
# 197
04-04-2013, 02:31 PM
To be honest this all still sounds good to me.

A lot of the... "requests", if that's what you want to call them, in these numerous cry threads seem to be from people that have either never played this game, or paid no attention whatsoever when they did so. Of course the factions are going to share missions. Why wouldn't they? Just silly.

Also, nice to know I'll have Remans unlocked from day 1 because I did the New Romulus rep already. Cool.

The Alien-Gen answer also makes a lot of sense.

This was a really straightforward and informative blog. Much appreciated.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Career Officer
# 198
04-04-2013, 02:34 PM
I have another question for Mister D:

In hindsight, do you regret reserving a post on the first page, that got overlooked by most people and/or forced them to constantly go back to Page 1 to see if any comments were added ?

Sorry, I had to. Please never do that again.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 199
04-04-2013, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjunior View Post
I have another question for Mister D:

In hindsight, do you regret reserving a post on the first page, that got overlooked by most people and/or forced them to constantly go back to Page 1 to see if any comments were added ?

Sorry, I had to. Please never do that again.
This was actually at the request of others because when I post deep into threads like this, very few if any people see my responses. By having my responses on page one, people who come in later will see the additional Q&A. Sorry - it is a little weird, but it helps keeps my responses together.
Career Officer
# 200 Friend or Foe?
04-04-2013, 02:37 PM
I'm not entirely thrilled with this Romulan Alliance idea, but I understand what Cryptic is trying to do here. But since this is the way it is, I was thinking; you know, one thing that Cryptic might could add to the Romulans by way of their Subterfuge trait is, in PvP, no one can tell which Romulans are on their side until they start shooting at them.

See my suggestions to revamp playable factions at: FACTION REVAMP: A PROPOSAL TO CRYPTIC STUDIOS
See my suggestions regarding Bridge Officers at: BRIDGE OFFICER DEVELOPMENT: A PROPOSAL TO CRYPTIC STUDIOS