Career Officer
# 211
04-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Just read the article but not the subsequent 11 pages but here is my initial response:

The KDF has seemingly been massacred in this update as people who wish to play with KDF ships have no reason not to just roll a romulan as they then get an increase in the number of available ships and a big boost to alpha strike decloak bonuses, not to mention potential singularity core bonuses. The only reason to actually roll a pure KDF toon is to get a non Romulan species such as Orion, Ferasian etc and to play the Fek'lhiri mission series. The same pretty much applies to the Feds to a certain degree.

Perhaps a little more differentiation between 'factions' could have been made as right now it seems the Romulan faction does not limit itself enough to encourage use of the other parent factions. In short Romulans get too much for not enough 'give'.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Survivor of Remus
# 212
I notice Dan's answered the Doff question a couple times, but I think he missed an important point.

Will we be using our ally's Doffs and Boffs?

If I am allied with Fed, and I go to the exchange to get some new doffs, am I buying the ones with the Federation logo behind their heads, or will I be getting ones with a Romulan logo?
Survivor of Romulus
# 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadnax View Post
How is 40 levels of Romulan-specific content, Romulan/Reman captains, unique uniforms and 50 levels of unique ships the same as what you said?

What you describe is nowhere nears the same as what we are getting. My Romulans may never deal with their allies at all, unless I decide to do so at endgame. That, to me, is a true faction.
I think so too, though I'm still a bit hesitant about ship-sharing. There's an inherent identity crisis involved that players will have to deal with--who were otherwise hoping to partake in a truly unique Romulan faction.
Captain
# 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
You'll unlock a Tal Shiar uniform in one of the Romulan Republic episode series. We also plan to have other classic uniforms available.
This makes me happy. both for the Tal Shiar outfit, and that the Classic uniforms (I personally love the nemesis and season one TNG ones)

Quote:
To set the record straight, we expect Romulans to be around level 40 when they complete their exclusive storyline AND the Romulan Feature Episode series. What we're ending up with is exclusive episodes for FED/ROM/KDF that culminate in the Romulan Feature Episode series. From that point forward, everyone starts to head into both the additional Feature Episode Series and current End Game content.
I am curious how this effects the layout of Federation Missions? while I don't remember the specific place in the Federation storyline, The Romulan Featured Episodes are not at what I would call the end of the Federation progression. Will we be seeing a reshuffling of Federation story missions?
Career Officer
# 215
04-04-2013, 02:44 PM
Quote:
The ship in that screen is the ship that I upgraded to after joining the Republic Fleet and reaching level 11. It is exclusive to the Romulan Republic. There will be a blog later that goes over the ships and details. There will be a variety of Rom Republic ships at end game, it isn't just D'Deridex only. Most of the ships you fly in the Republic will have End Game versions.
Ahhh, my Fleet Scimitar Carrier with it's Elite D'deridex pets can't wait to launch !
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Cryptic Studios Team
# 216
04-04-2013, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
If anything, I think you guys can see just how many people are passionate about the faction and the things we feel it's lacking, or how different it is to what we were hoping for.
That is why i'm in the thread listening instead of finishing the Klingon mission I should be working on, because I am listening to the viewpoints and we do discuss the feedback. Sometimes there isn't much we can do, but in some cases we do consider what we could alter.
Republic Veteran
# 217
04-04-2013, 02:45 PM
So will the ROM have access to ESD and First city....If they get their own hub what would be the point in going to ESD and FC?

Career Officer
# 218
04-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Quote:
This was actually at the request of others because when I post deep into threads like this, very few if any people see my responses. By having my responses on page one, people who come in later will see the additional Q&A. Sorry - it is a little weird, but it helps keeps my responses together.
I personally like that your responses are grouped together. It gives new readers to the thread the knowledge you will be posting responses in that spot. I typically watch twitter dev tracker so I don't have to dig to see what the devs are saying on the forums. Beats having to guess if there is a comment on page 15 or 34 or 55 etc.
Commander
# 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
So will the ROM have access to ESD and First city....If they get their own hub what would be the point in going to ESD and FC?
I think you have that question backwards. What's the point in going to the Romulan hub if we have to use Fed and KDF fleets?
Survivor of Romulus
# 220
Quote:
That is why i'm in the thread listening instead of finishing the Klingon mission I should be working on, because I am listening to the viewpoints and we do discuss the feedback. Sometimes there isn't much we can do, but in some cases we do consider what we could alter.
And there we have it, Klingon ladies and gentlemen: You're getting new mission content.