Ensign
# 221
04-04-2013, 02:46 PM
If the rommies can fly their own ships and faction ships it will be a 2 faction game.
FED V RomFed.

Waits for groups will be shorter FED side
Greater selection of Cstore ships to choose from
More KDF ships have cloak but Rommies already have that
Far more T5 (or close to) starbases FEd side to choose from

Aside from RP reasons I cant see many going RomKDF

I cant see how they can change allowing Rommies to double dip at this point of development either.

Along those lines could you make a one time offer to transfer bound items from my KDF toon to my RomFed
Survivor of Romulus
# 222
04-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
That is why i'm in the thread listening instead of finishing the Klingon mission I should be working on, because I am listening to the viewpoints and we do discuss the feedback. Sometimes there isn't much we can do, but in some cases we do consider what we could alter.
We are grateful you know
Lt. Commander
# 223
04-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
What does this mean?
Btw, great Freudian slip: "Romulans (of either faction)..."
Good catch, so much for "Romulans are a faction"
I live in an alternate universe, where j.j. abrams and cryptic never existed,
where R.S.E. is what it always should be.
Empire Veteran
# 224
04-04-2013, 02:49 PM
My take on it is the way its being explained works for me. I might sound impossible to please at some points but what I am looking for as far as improving the game is...

#1. Better functionality of the intrepid ablative cloak for 10 seconds of time and a huge cd its falling behind on the mold.

#2. When the changes were made with pets in this game the multi vector and photonic fleet seems redundant since they hardly do any damage and this needs some attention.(#1 and #2 most of these are main attractions of these ships but they just nothing more than distractions to an enemy and do not provide any use of actual tactics.)

#3. Two things with the KDF that need to be revamped that weren't stated in LoR is the B'rels function of the Enhanced Battle Cloak is just a buzzing mosquito but won't do much as far as how you weight the pro's vs cons with this ship the cons out weight the pros which also negate any need for a lot of powers and federation only things that Cryptic sells.

The other thing is most races are melee users in the Klingon Empire but the bat'leth is only one of many weapon types we have available so a small percentage of melee weapons and virtually no ritual type weapons.

Lastly I love how the LoR will be implemented I would just say though if Cryptic Studios is going to be doing mostly starfleet ships, Klingon oriented design ships, and Romulan oriented design ships there should be more missions that revolve around tasks like raiding, recon, etc which we don't have much of at end game or any at all(for raiding the mission where you attack the federation outpost/shipyard after destroying the dewitt is something I'd like to see at an end game level).
Republic Veteran
# 225
Quote:
This was actually at the request of others because when I post deep into threads like this, very few if any people see my responses. By having my responses on page one, people who come in later will see the additional Q&A. Sorry - it is a little weird, but it helps keeps my responses together.
Post a Link to the Dev Tracker, going back to an old page has made it difficult to follow your posts.

Thanks
Survivor of Romulus
# 226
Oh! Here's a question I'm not sure has been asked: Will there be new music added to the game for the Romulans?
Survivor of Remus
# 227
04-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Quote:
That is why i'm in the thread listening instead of finishing the Klingon mission I should be working on, because I am listening to the viewpoints and we do discuss the feedback. Sometimes there isn't much we can do, but in some cases we do consider what we could alter.
To be honest, I think having you in threads like this responding directly to people goes a very long way, I know it does for me. I think you're right when you said that people can get carried away with speculation on things they don't know, and having a dev voice in to discuss things does a lot to curb that. I realize the klingon mission might take longer to get done, but I think it helps the community as a whole more.

Thank you for coming directly to us as players.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 228
04-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
I am curious how this effects the layout of Federation Missions? while I don't remember the specific place in the Federation storyline, The Romulan Featured Episodes are not at what I would call the end of the Federation progression. Will we be seeing a reshuffling of Federation story missions?
We are significantly shuffling the KDF episode flow, and we may end up doing the same to the Feds, but it really boils down to how challenging it can be to move things around, especially to existing players. It is easier for the KDF because we are filling in missing levels and it makes sense to drop level requirements and move others. For example the Devidian series along with the other FE series are now much later in KDF progression.

The key point is "exclusive" missions. FED/KDF/ROM will now have exclusive series tabs that no other faction has at least up to the Romulan FE series. From that point forward, most of the missions are now becoming shared for anyone (which is why you're seeing us start to open up some of the Cardassian missions for KDF (and Roms will get these too).

This allows us to establish a unique perspective for each of the 3 factions on the Iconian plot and then converge all of the "what comes next" into future FE series that will take place and be playable by all factions.
Survivor of Romulus
# 229
04-04-2013, 02:52 PM
Quote:
We are significantly shuffling the KDF episode flow, and we may end up doing the same to the Feds, but it really boils down to how challenging it can be to move things around, especially to existing players. It is easier for the KDF because we are filling in missing levels and it makes sense to drop level requirements and move others. For example the Devidian series along with the other FE series are now much later in KDF progression.

The key point is "exclusive" missions. FED/KDF/ROM will now have exclusive series tabs that no other faction has at least up to the Romulan FE series. From that point forward, most of the missions are now becoming shared for anyone (which is why you're seeing us start to open up some of the Cardassian missions for KDF (and Roms will get these too).

This allows us to establish a unique perspective for each of the 3 factions on the Iconian plot and then converge all of the "what comes next" into future FE series that will take place and be playable by all factions.
Much needed improvements to the flow of things, and I'm excited to see the new system in action. I can imagine with all of these different "perspectives" going on, keeping tabs on who knows what and when will be more important than ever now that there's going to be some convergence in the late game.
Career Officer
# 230
04-04-2013, 02:52 PM
Quote:

Great, people were concerned that the only new KDF mission content would be those tweaked Fed missions !
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !