Career Officer
# 11
04-04-2013, 10:47 PM
Okay im playing through badlands and as far as i can tell, while they havent changed the basis of the mission they have changed the text to suit the empire such as instead of release the prisoners its capture them and the dialog with tom riker is also adjusted for the empire in the same manner. He talks about how he knows that he will become a prisoner of the empire after the mission here is complete. So while the mission might be the same it wasnt just a simple copy paste. They were conscious and put some effort. I dont blame them for choosing the cardassian series first. It can very easily be told from both stand points with very little change and thats what they did. I think this was a smart move to get there feet on the ground running so klinks can actually level all the way
Ryan- RRF Engineer, R.R.W. Vadenius (Falchion Warbird)
Brenan- UFP Engineer, U.S.S. Legacy (Assault Cruiser Refit )
Brandon- UFP Science, U.S.S.Heron (Rhode Island Retrofit)
Member since launch, LoR Closed Beta round 1, Lifetimer
Career Officer
# 12
04-04-2013, 11:13 PM
Alright im getting ready to test rapier. stand by
Cryptic Studios Team
# 13
04-04-2013, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralbrenan View Post
Okay im playing through badlands and as far as i can tell, while they havent changed the basis of the mission they have changed the text to suit the empire such as instead of release the prisoners its capture them and the dialog with tom riker is also adjusted for the empire in the same manner. He talks about how he knows that he will become a prisoner of the empire after the mission here is complete. So while the mission might be the same it wasnt just a simple copy paste. They were conscious and put some effort. I dont blame them for choosing the cardassian series first. It can very easily be told from both stand points with very little change and thats what they did. I think this was a smart move to get there feet on the ground running so klinks can actually level all the way
Did you play through the start of "Badlands" with a ship that has a cloaking device?
Career Officer
# 14
04-04-2013, 11:32 PM
Yes but i didnt cloak should i have?
Career Officer
# 15
04-04-2013, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
Did you play through the start of "Badlands" with a ship that has a cloaking device?
If it works with klingon cloaking devices, can the same be said for defiants who can cloak? Also i did cloak in rapier, i like the fact that the interference from the wormhole messes with the cloaking device. nice touch
Cryptic Studios Team
# 16
04-04-2013, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralbrenan View Post
Yes but i didnt cloak should i have?
After you finish scanning the moons but before you fly back to moon Alpha, try cloaking and then flying over to confront the True Way ship(s).
Career Officer
# 17
04-04-2013, 11:51 PM
Quote:
After you finish scanning the moons but before you fly back to moon Alpha, try cloaking and then flying over to confront the True Way ship(s).
Love that touch . "I know you are out there" This is up there with "spiders, why does it always have to be spiders". Can't wait to find all the other easter eggs hiding around haha.
Republic Veteran
# 18
04-05-2013, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Does that work with Defiant as well?
Career Officer
# 19
04-05-2013, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Aw, my favorite ship, the Fleet Scourge, doesn't have a cloaking device.
Republic Veteran
# 20
04-05-2013, 05:26 AM
I can confirm the Defiant Refit is effected by the EMP effect in the Rapier Wormhole as well

Last edited by tuskin67; 04-05-2013 at 05:53 AM.