Survivor of Romulus
# 21
04-05-2013, 05:36 AM
It would be nice if they fixed the cloak in this update. Currently in pve it is not worth using the cloak due to the many bugs...

Fed Eng (Main). Fed Sci. Fed Tac. Rom Sci (KDF)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Captain
# 22
04-05-2013, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Aw, my favorite ship, the Fleet Scourge, doesn't have a cloaking device.
Yeah, this is twice that I've seen a dev say something like: "Did you play the KDF version with a cloak?" I hope that the KDF missions rely on more than cloaking to differentiate themselves from the Fed missions.
Republic Veteran
# 23
04-05-2013, 05:53 AM
cloaking in Bandlands with the Defiant Refit also gives the same message

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...CE86AE0A41967/
Community Moderator
# 24
04-05-2013, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
After you finish scanning the moons but before you fly back to moon Alpha, try cloaking and then flying over to confront the True Way ship(s).
If you guys are going to make cloaking a hook for alternative dialog/encounters, you might consider having a tactical Bridge Officer recommend cloaking -- at least for the first two or three missions where you do it.

Or if you want to avoid spoilers and they didn't cloak, have the same officer question why not after the fact.

"Captain, I suggest that next time we engage the cloaking device."

Up to this point, cloaking during missions hasn't mattered a great deal and it may not occur to anybody who hasn't read one of these little spoilers.

In short, you've already trained your players not to think about cloaking except right before a fight. If you're changing that paradigm, you ought to put in at least a little remedial education.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Rihannsu
# 25
04-05-2013, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Up to this point, cloaking during missions hasn't mattered a great deal and it may not occur to anybody who hasn't read one of these little spoilers.

In short, you've already trained your players not to think about cloaking except right before a fight. If you're changing that paradigm, you ought to put in at least a little remedial education.
yeah there is no reason to cloak in missions due to the decloak on dialog or any interaction making it pointless and forced into CD. fix that and give a reason to cloak.
Captain
# 26
04-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Copy and paste is such a crappy way to equalize content across different factions. Why bother playing either of the other factions if you've already played through as a fed ?

I'd rather have 3 completely unique experiences lightly tethered together with a few common missions played from their factions POV, with a common sandbox.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Commander
# 27
04-05-2013, 09:00 AM
Kinda disappointed that they are merely copy pasting the FED Cardassian Front missions over to the KDF. Some of them are qualitatively below mediocre (the Bajoran Wormhole in "Rapier" looks not convincing, has never been depicted that way in the shows - just looks like an arbitrary area to put mobs in).

I really hope they won't do the same with the Romulan Front missions, as they are even worse... e.g. "Ground Zero" is awful. Too many mobs, their respawn times are too short. Feels like a Reman slaughter fest, nothing else.

All the "old" missions need a remastering like "Doomsday Machine". I know it takes resources, but that's simply the cost of quality.
STOWiki admin.
Republic Veteran
# 28
04-05-2013, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smazazel View Post
yeah there is no reason to cloak in missions due to the decloak on dialog or any interaction making it pointless and forced into CD. fix that and give a reason to cloak.
That is already fixed on Tribble. So it should come with LOR.
Career Officer
# 29
04-05-2013, 12:25 PM
I've only played Rapier so far, but I liked it because I was interacting with the Federation and doing so in a way that didn't make me feel like the Klingons were a bunch of bloodthirsty thugs and murders. If the rest of the tweaked missions are like this then I think it's something the KDF side needs just as much as brand new, unique content. Because in its current state not even the Fek'Ihri missions - despite how awesome they are - do anything to dispell the feeling that the KDF are little more than blood thirsty savages using "honor" as an excuse to murder and pillage that the first few missions that pit you against the Federation leave me with.
Community Moderator
# 30
04-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smazazel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuskin67 View Post
That is already fixed on Tribble. So it should come with LOR.
Fixing it is a step in the right direction, but it doesn't change the fact that there hasn't been much reason to cloak in most missions.

If Cryptic is going to change that, Bravo! But players could use a little warning that they might want to start using their cloaks more often.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek