Lieutenant
# 1 Launcher Crashes during Patching!
04-04-2013, 01:55 PM
I would like someone in tech support or someone who can help ASAP! ...Close to 100 times i've loaded the launcher to try and patch any of the 3 servers (live, tribble, redshirt).... Everytime, no other programs are running, tried every option (no effect). Getting very annoyed and angry right now... this has NEVER happened before and if other people are having this problem... it needs sorting
The cryptic Game crash windows comes up for about 5 seconds and dissappears with the launcher!..

can i please get some help? I'm a lifetime player since launch and i don't think i should ever have to put up with this... not to be rude but if i buy something, i do expect it to work.. ya know?

Please Help!

having never incurred this error before, i don't know anything of how this can be fixed

Peoples of the Internets.... work your magic!
Ensign
Hi All: Anyone having this error today, my launcher wont updated, keep getting error message, "The patchclient got a message while it was in state with no response function" How do you fix this, cant get online?
Career Officer
# 3
04-05-2013, 08:04 AM
While my main client patched okay, I cannot for the life of me patch the last 30MB needed to get Tribble up with On-Demand patching enabled. Do you have On-demand turned on or off, and have you tried the other option?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Ensign
# 4
04-05-2013, 08:08 AM
No I dont think I have On-demand, wouldn't know where it is anyway. I tied to 3 times to get online but samething happens
Career Officer
# 5
04-05-2013, 08:12 AM
The way you find out is:

1. open the launcher
2. click options at the top
3. At the bottom of the options list which pop up is one called 'disable on demand patching' so put a tick next to this.
4. Click accept and acknowledge the prompt which says you may need to restart the launcher
5. restart the launcher, enter password then go get a nice hot drink while the patcher downloads the rest of the game.
Ensign
# 6
04-05-2013, 08:19 AM
I cant get into my launcher at all, get error message
Career Officer
# 7
04-05-2013, 08:27 AM
If the client is getting no response at all, do you have a firewall which is blocking it? Obviously you have net access or you wouldnt be able to post here so it may just be the STO Launcher which is being blocked.
Ensign
# 8
04-05-2013, 09:09 AM
Nice to see STO posting a reply and helping!!! Really good to know that they look after their CUSTOMERS!!!!!! I'm having the same problem too. Only just come back to this game, don't know why I bothered! You post a complant on the WORLD OF ******** server you get a GM answer you within minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 9
04-05-2013, 09:17 AM
The launcher was updated the other day. If you run into any issues, please utilize this link to manually download it: http://files.startrekonline.com/laun...k%20Online.exe -- more info is available in this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=505501

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Closed Thread