Ensign
# 1 Smaller ground weapons?
04-04-2013, 10:05 AM
Greetings,

Not sure this is the right location for this post but since it's of an aesthetic concern, I suppose it's somewhat related to the Art of STO.

With news of the Romulan faction, I've recently returned to the game after about a year of inactivity, largely just to get back into the swing of things. Everything is great so far although I have issue with the large, unwieldy looking ground weapons we get at end game.

I mostly play a Federation captain, and I like to stick to some semblance of canon whenever possible, so I equip myself and my BOs with Phasers (I tried the anti-proton rifles which were close to the size I was looking for but just not pleasing to look at). To be honest, It's mostly the holographic stuff that encapsulate the Mark X and Marx XI rifles that annoy me. I'm using Mark IX at the moment but I'm finding some difficulty in locating any uncommon or rare modifiers.

I've looked around the forums and it seems the issue has been raised in the past but I'm wondering with all the changes I've missed out on, whether there are any smaller, "TNG-looking" (or even just without the blue holographic stuff) Phaser weaponry around?

Thanks
Career Officer
# 2
04-04-2013, 08:20 PM
They're expensive to obtain, especially a full set for an away team, but Elite Fleet ground weapons are very nice looking. They're a reasonable size and have no glowy bits.
Commander
# 3
04-05-2013, 02:53 PM
The only weaponry that looks like it's from the 24th century era Federation is low-tier stuff.

Weapons that look like they come from the shows that are available as end-game tier items:
  • Romulan guns, especially the rifles. Available from the Romulan rep system (mk12 purple) or from "Frozen" (mk11 blue)
  • The TOS phaser pistol, disruptor pistol, and phaser rifle, are all very attractive and have unique sounds and effects. They are available from "Night of the Comet" (mk11 blue), and the pistol is available (level-scaling white) from the TOS Bundle on the CStore.
  • The Bajoran phaser split pistol (level-scaling blue) and phaser stun rifle (level-scaling blue) are available from the DS9 Bundle on the CStore.
  • The Jem Hadar polaron hd beam pistol (mk11 blue) and polaron full auto rifle (mk11 blue) from ?Second Wave?.
  • The Ferengi Energy Whip (level-scaling blue), available from the Lobi store

Other weapons that don't come from shows, but are still attractive and not bulky, that are available in mk11, mk12, or level scaling:
  • Fleet Elite weapons (both Fed and KDF)
  • Synchronic Proton Distortion Prototype Rifle (level-scaling blue) available from "Spin the Wheel"
  • Omega Force Antiproton Autocarbine (mk12 purple) from the Omega rep system
  • Adapted MACO pulsewave (mk12 purple) from the Omega rep system, Fed only (there is a KDF version, but it's hideous)
  • Relativity Self-Targeting Rifle and Relativity Stasis Pistol, from the Lobi store
  • Falchions and Swords
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
04-05-2013, 02:58 PM
Remember in Canon captains carry a hand phaser 99% of the time
Ensign
# 5
04-06-2013, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guriphu View Post
The only weaponry that looks like it's from the 24th century era Federation is low-tier stuff.

Weapons that look like they come from the shows that are available as end-game tier items:
  • Romulan guns, especially the rifles. Available from the Romulan rep system (mk12 purple) or from "Frozen" (mk11 blue)
  • The TOS phaser pistol, disruptor pistol, and phaser rifle, are all very attractive and have unique sounds and effects. They are available from "Night of the Comet" (mk11 blue), and the pistol is available (level-scaling white) from the TOS Bundle on the CStore.
  • The Bajoran phaser split pistol (level-scaling blue) and phaser stun rifle (level-scaling blue) are available from the DS9 Bundle on the CStore.
  • The Jem Hadar polaron hd beam pistol (mk11 blue) and polaron full auto rifle (mk11 blue) from ?Second Wave?.
  • The Ferengi Energy Whip (level-scaling blue), available from the Lobi store

Other weapons that don't come from shows, but are still attractive and not bulky, that are available in mk11, mk12, or level scaling:
  • Fleet Elite weapons (both Fed and KDF)
  • Synchronic Proton Distortion Prototype Rifle (level-scaling blue) available from "Spin the Wheel"
  • Omega Force Antiproton Autocarbine (mk12 purple) from the Omega rep system
  • Adapted MACO pulsewave (mk12 purple) from the Omega rep system, Fed only (there is a KDF version, but it's hideous)
  • Relativity Self-Targeting Rifle and Relativity Stasis Pistol, from the Lobi store
  • Falchions and Swords
Thanks for this list, I wasn't really aware of the fleet weapons, nor have I looked into the overhaul of the fleet system in general since I last played.

Looks like I'll have to look to joining one since I also have my eyes set on those odyssey uniforms
Career Officer
# 6
04-07-2013, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carloshadad View Post
Thanks for this list, I wasn't really aware of the fleet weapons, nor have I looked into the overhaul of the fleet system in general since I last played.

Looks like I'll have to look to joining one since I also have my eyes set on those odyssey uniforms
I already had some screenshots I made previously, so I put together a little album of the Elite Fleet phasers. The only one missing is the minigun, which looks more or less just like the Blast Assault. Edit: and apparently also a random TR-116A shot.

I do believe that stun pistol is the second-smallest ground weapon, after the Type-1.

That's the Odyssey uniform top, too.

Last edited by futurepastnow; 04-07-2013 at 09:03 PM.