Commander
Heya chaps, I got a blue quality Saurian Bridge Officer and when I let him join my crew he is just a common bridge officer.

Is this supposed to happen ?

Usually when I get a green / blue / purple quality bridge officer they join my crew as that and not go back to common.

Anyone know what gives ?

Edit.

Just checked my tactical officer that I know was of rare quality in candidate list and now he is of common quality. What the hell.

Last edited by jelly0; 04-05-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
04-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Does he happen to have the Efficient trait? It seems like Saurians that have Efficient are "downgraded" in quality, although I've not received a new Efficient Saurian since the update that caused this so I'm not certain.
Commander
# 3
04-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmaverick View Post
Does he happen to have the Efficient trait? It seems like Saurians that have Efficient are "downgraded" in quality, although I've not received a new Efficient Saurian since the update that caused this so I'm not certain.
He did indeed.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
04-05-2013, 05:53 PM
In that case, I think it's because Efficient is a Rare trait (in terms of showing up), but because it's not a "Superior" trait he's treated as a common once he joins. My entire crew of Efficient Saurians were reduced from Uncommon (originally the only rarity that Efficient could show up on) to Common quality when that update hit, it doesn't really change anything though.

Last edited by jbmaverick; 04-05-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Career Officer
# 5
04-07-2013, 09:25 PM
There's nothing wrong with your boff. It's an error in the algorithm that looks at the boff's traits and assigns it a color in the list. Probably will take them a while to fix it, since it doesn't hurt anything.
Captain
# 6
04-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
There's nothing wrong with your boff. It's an error in the algorithm that looks at the boff's traits and assigns it a color in the list. Probably will take them a while to fix it, since it doesn't hurt anything.
That's good to know - I ran across this same issue and was wondering whether it was worth keeping the little snake for the Efficient trait...
Captain
# 7
04-17-2013, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsovereign View Post
That's good to know - I ran across this same issue and was wondering whether it was worth keeping the little snake for the Efficient trait...
It depends. Do you want ~+1 power to your weaker systems, or all of your boffs to display the correct quality color on the UI?
Commander
# 8
04-19-2013, 06:54 AM
What annoys me is my saurians have been rare which means their other traits have been high but because they were dropped to common I have lost about 5 on their other traits.