Ensign
# 1 programming
04-03-2013, 12:12 AM
Hi
I'm just wondering, where do I get a hold of a skeletal programming structure for this game? I am getting interested in seeing how stuff works and I was thinking of expirementing in some things at the programming level.
Any help would be cool. What I don't expect from you guys is to blind side me with your ban hammer just for asking so thanks again.
Career Officer
# 2
04-03-2013, 12:15 AM
Skeletal as in Character Modeling? If so, they use (or used) 3D Max.

You can find it here: http://www.autodesk.com/products/aut...s-max/overview

Last edited by azurianstar; 04-03-2013 at 12:30 AM.
Career Officer
# 3
04-03-2013, 08:22 AM
I think he's asking for source code or cracked binaries, both of which aren't offered for most games, STO included.
Commander
# 4
04-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Any help would be cool. What I don't expect from you guys is to blind side me with your ban hammer just for asking so thanks again.
they should ban you for asking for this kind of thing. you're not getting your hands on the source code, its a stupid question to ask in the first place. you knew that or you wouldn't have mentioned the ban thing

if you want to experiment with source code for an online game download meridian 59. its open source now

Quote:
Skeletal as in Character Modeling? If so, they use (or used) 3D Max.
hes referring to the engine framework likely. modelling has very little to do with programming
Captain
# 5
04-05-2013, 10:50 PM
It never hurts to ask. But no, you're not getting your hands on this games source code, or any closed systems source code. They would protect it with laser bears if they could. So yeah.

Fortunately, there are open source programs that might be what you're looking for. Ryzom, DimensioneX, and Eternal Lands are all open source MMO's or programs for MMO's. Those are good places to start.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 6
04-06-2013, 12:58 AM
judging by your post,you are probably better off looking at arduino to practice coding...

or, if you mean the 3d stuff... there is a program called blender with a step by step tutorial.

even when i was modding back in the total annihilation days i was using mod tools others had made, simply because working with code is a pain in the rear.

even html & css webpage design is complicated enough...
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
Considering Ryan broke 25k in a NX, I expect he could easily pull 10k in an Escape Pod with a Hand Phaser.
Captain
# 7
04-06-2013, 12:42 PM
I used to do a lot of ship crafting for Freelancer back in the day before too many self-entitled crybabies burned me out on the game. There are a number of free to use programs out there to get you feet wet in game design, but for STO specifically, no they put game files in hogg archives for a reason and nobody here is likely to give you help in what is a major violation of the games TOS.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by titansukii View Post
Hi
I'm just wondering, where do I get a hold of a skeletal programming structure for this game? I am getting interested in seeing how stuff works and I was thinking of expirementing in some things at the programming level.
I would prefer it if a representative just gave a big NO and shut this thread down. Nobody is going to give you their source code.

That being said, try the foundry.
Captain
# 9
04-06-2013, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erocker View Post
I would prefer it if a representative just gave a big NO and shut this thread down. Nobody is going to give you their source code.

That being said, try the foundry.
Valve will. (but they're weird like that)
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.