Lieutenant
# 21
04-01-2013, 03:20 PM
Thank you very much. I appreciate that.

As a matter of fact I have been working for the last few days on it and the updated plugin can be downloaded from the original post.

To update:
1.- Replace the old file and then load Advanced Combat Tracker.
2.- Uncheck and check again the "Enabled" checkbox in the "Plugins" tab.

Update Release Notes:
+New BaseDamageTaken column, so that you can see how your shields, resistance and defensive abilities are working (in comparision to DamageTaken column).
+More consistent data at a logical level, although you shouldnt see much difference in numbers (if any at all).
+Some other minor changes in the way it displays data and in the options panel.

Have tested it and seems to work fine, but I cant test every single possibility so if you find any issues or think something should be changed just let me know.

There are still some issues I want to solve, like managing data properly when pets are owned by other pets (currently there is no plugin that I know of that handles this situation correctly).

Last edited by alhucemas; 04-01-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Lieutenant
# 22
04-06-2013, 03:13 AM
Added help on columns and options in the original post.

New upgrade available. This is probably the final version.

To update:
1.- Replace the old file and then load Advanced Combat Tracker.
2.- Uncheck and check again the "Enabled" checkbox in the "Plugins" tab.

Update Release Notes:
Quote:
+ Every single line in the log file is now processed and shown in the report (currently plugins simply get rid of the actions they cant or dont want to process, so they might be missing some data from the log file) unless of course it is a corrupted line.
* Note: Because of this you might find occasionally pets showing attacks (as if they were independent NPCs) in case there is no way to tell who is the owner by the log file data (so those attacks cant be merged to the owner). This is nothing to worry about as it should be something rare and it should not affect a significant amount of damage (it usually happens when a pet misses all of its attacks).

+ Attacks/heals done from pets owned by other pets will now be displayed as attacks/heals done from the real owners (and not as attacks from the pets). That is, the damage/DPS/heal will be merged into the owner of all owners. You can keep track of the pets involved in the attack in the "source" column with the following format: "first_pet>pet_owned_by_first_pet>pet_owned_by_sec ond_pet" and so on. But the damage taken will continue to be taken by the pets (it wont be merged into the owners).

+ There is a known issue when finding some attacks in the log (when you double click an attack and the "Encounter Logs" window pops up) it might display a different attack or a blank window. These are isolated cases and it doesnt affect the report data at all so I dont think I will fix it (a fix on this could also affect the parsing speed negatively).

This happens because "attack 1" couldnt be processed when parsing its log line and it was processed while parsing "attack 2" line or after parsing all the lines in the encounter. So when you double click "attack 1" it shows the "attack 2" line (if it was processed during "attack 2" parse line) or a blank window (if "attack 1" was processed after parsing all lines in the encounter).

You can search these attacks in the log by their date/time (they are found in the previous encounter "Encounter Logs" window if you got a blank window, so double click any attack from the previous encounter) and their line will be red colour.

I think the tool is working as it should so I will leave it as it is unless an issue is found.

Last edited by alhucemas; 04-06-2013 at 03:15 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Since yesterday, encdps seems to be halved after final encounter (final refresh)... I check with three other people and they are getting the same.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-13-2013, 01:41 AM
Seconding, grabbed this latest/last version, and something about the extra values is doing bad things to the encounter time and thus encDPS. Specifically, almost every Import Zone I'm looking at has a 1-2 minute Encounter with nothing but Plasma torps and a random borg unit in the entries, no damage or anything. It appears to be bumping up total encounter time and greatly reducing encDPs because of it. Haven't touched any option beyond default install, so it's made the All view in the Import Zone not so useful.

All with reduced encDPS

Close to full encounter time

Garbage torp time

I'm not actually clear where the All encounter time is coming from now, because the two Encounters listed in this only tally 5:04, not 7:15. Seems to happen with the plasma torps specifically, most of my beam boat parses still come out as expected as long as a borg torp doesn't get captured the same way.

Last edited by eardianm; 04-13-2013 at 02:00 AM.
Career Officer
# 25
04-17-2013, 12:14 AM
Seems to be an error in reporting # of deaths of players

Here are same run parsed thru STO_ACT and STO-PVP plug ins

In the STO_ACT one a player (kher'Boom) is reported to have died 26 times, another (rhem) is reported to have dies 40 times

I kept the log file if needed
Captain
# 26 Best Mission to Test?
04-17-2013, 01:04 PM
I haven't used ACT in awhile, but I downloaded this plugin and it looks good. I'm wondering if anybody had any suggestions on the best mission to test DPS?

When I was flying my fleet defiant I just parced every eSTF I did any got an average. But, now I want to compare my fleet defiant to my BoP and I'm wondering if there's a better way to test DPS.

I did an a Cure Space Elite run in my BoP and someone who parced it said I did 10k DPS. But, when I parsed it on another run I got 6k DPS. The last time I used ACT it showed my fleet defiant to be doing about 8k DPS. MY BoP doesn't seem to do as much damage so 2k DPS less seemed reasonable.

What's the best way to be consistent and get accurate numbers to compare?
Captain
# 27
04-17-2013, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohiap View Post
What's the best way to be consistent and get accurate numbers to compare?
Well, you kind of have to pick between consistent and accurate. If you just want consistent, you could parse the Starbase 234 mission, where you mostly just hammer on a big target until the mission ends. But if you want accurate, meaning how much damage do you actually do in practice, you have to do it in an ESTF. ISE is probably the best choice, since it doesn't require one or more people to sit around waiting half the time. Even at that though, you can expect significant variation between runs, and huge variation if you lag even a little bit for one.
Career Officer
# 28
05-04-2013, 02:42 AM
No more responses from the plugin dev ?

"dead project" ?
Ensign
# 29
05-19-2013, 04:32 AM
I think it's great that the plugin option allows me to group NPCs as NPCs. However, how can I automatically remove them from the parse? In many encouters sorted by EncDPS, NPC's are showing up at the top cluttering my single-line export summary. Just want em gone.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-19-2013, 06:41 AM
You need to go to ACT Options - Data Correction - Miscellaneous
There is a Textfield for "Default character name if not defined by the log file name.". Add your characters name to it as it appears in the Text output (like [P]erawra1 or whatever your char name is).

Now, NPCs won't show up in the export. Note: If you switch between multiple characters you will have to change this accordingly everytime. This can be very tedious :/
STO Voice Control Tutorial Video: WATCH
ELITE STF SPEED RECORDS (time on optional remaining):
S07: KASE: 12:54 | CSE: 13:20 | ISE: 12:38 All held personally, my POV
LOR: KASE: 13:19 | CSE: 13:47 | ISE: 13:34 None held personally, other player's POV
S08: coming soon