Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
# 41
04-06-2013, 12:41 AM
every time i parced myself with BO3 it has HORRIBLE accuracy. don't have any logs i can easily find right now though shooting it, haven't even used BO in a wile now
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lieutenant
# 42
04-06-2013, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
not wile your already fireing your DHCs, theres no control of a BO like there is with torps, and there should be
it is possible. if you don't believe me, i can demonstrate it to you
contact me ingame (@gwyndor) / via RE teamspeak.

for a world without cheese -> clear sky
Career Officer
# 43
04-06-2013, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lascaille View Post
it is possible. if you don't believe me, i can demonstrate it to you
contact me ingame (@gwyndor) / via RE teamspeak.
It's possible, just not very obvious or intuitive.

For example, on my preferred setup:

Spacebar = fire all weapons
Shift+spacebar = fire all weapons except your double beam bank

Just hold down shift when you're priming your overloads. Release shift to let them fly. Simple.

It would be nice if Cryptic exposed a way for a layperson to do this without having to resort to complex keybinds though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader1988 View Post
Do you guys have any evidence on this? I keep hearing this being thrown over the table but I have yet to see any decent logs about this being a fact.
I'm pretty certain that at one point or another this was true, but the BO3 accuracy bug was stealth fixed (perhaps not even intentionally) some time ago and should behave the same as any other rank now in terms of hit rate.
Behold, The Jorf Guide
Career Officer
# 44
04-06-2013, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
It was a little late I admit. But the point stands. It's hard to do a proper sample testing on something with 3 min cooldown, while devs can test it very quickly. Unless something thinks I will spend 5h to do a 100 hit sample with Phaser lance to prove that there is something wrong with it. Especially its mini "aoe" part. Unless you are perfectly aligned towards target, you miss. The deal is, it is very hard to be perfectly facing your target in fast moving environment like pvp. There will never be a proper feedback for G-X from people, because 99,99% consider it trash in pvp and hence stay away from it.

Tbh I would much prefer that Phaser Lance would be a 5th weapon, something like ultra heavy phaser beam with 45 arc and higher dmg, like in the show, instead a gimmick fire and miss weapon every 3 mins.
Yeah we all have those late nights. For what it's worth everything you've said is exactly how I see it too. I'd even go farther and say that the shared CD with BO for the lotus and lance needs to disappear.

Second thought, the abilities mentioned would have much more benefit if they actually affected shields. Even when the Dev team looked at the lance/lotus earlier (two years ago?) it was never explained why it does no damage to shields.
Captain
# 45
04-06-2013, 07:54 AM
Quote:
every time i parced myself with BO3 it has HORRIBLE accuracy. don't have any logs i can easily find right now though shooting it, haven't even used BO in a wile now
Well i think it has been stealthfixed since at least a month now, probably longer.
Captain
# 46
04-06-2013, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader1988 View Post
Well i think it has been stealthfixed since at least a month now, probably longer.
This could explain it then as I only use BO3 on a BOP, and haven't been in one in about a month.
Empire Veteran
# 47
04-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
It's possible, just not very obvious or intuitive.

For example, on my preferred setup:

Spacebar = fire all weapons
Shift+spacebar = fire all weapons except your double beam bank

Just hold down shift when you're priming your overloads. Release shift to let them fly. Simple.

It would be nice if Cryptic exposed a way for a layperson to do this without having to resort to complex keybinds though.

I'm pretty certain that at one point or another this was true, but the BO3 accuracy bug was stealth fixed (perhaps not even intentionally) some time ago and should behave the same as any other rank now in terms of hit rate.
ok, sounds like there is a way to keep beams from fireing, but how? how does shift single it out?

macros fro executing entire rows do not fire any weapon buttons you place in a row for some reason, like they activate any other ability button. just fixing that would be a perfectly good work around
Career Officer
# 48
04-06-2013, 04:50 PM
Quote:
ok, sounds like there is a way to keep beams from fireing, but how? how does shift single it out?

macros fro executing entire rows do not fire any weapon buttons you place in a row for some reason, like they activate any other ability button. just fixing that would be a perfectly good work around
Actually the ones I use (trayexebytray) do work. It's how my "promethian assault cruiser" runs its cannons and cycles it's plasma BO combo.

I'm at military drill but ill shoot you the keybind I use if I get a chance this weekend.
Empire Veteran
# 49
04-06-2013, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocp001 View Post
Actually the ones I use (trayexebytray) do work. It's how my "promethian assault cruiser" runs its cannons and cycles it's plasma BO combo.

I'm at military drill but ill shoot you the keybind I use if I get a chance this weekend.
i run successfully 5 different trey execute binds currently, but couldn't get any trey execute that just had the weapons in them to do anything. i even tried sticking a weapon in a trey execute i knew worked and that didn't fire anything ether

maybe a bind that would fire a single column/row would actually activate it, and set off all my auto fireing weapons. then i just hit the normal fire all energy to get that DBB to fire