Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Captain
# 61
04-06-2013, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
This is untrue, I was almost certain it was wrong from playing last night but had to check again.
Single target BFaW with EPtW active brought power into the low 30s.
I'd like to +1 this. Personally my power levels stay fine if I stick to 2 or 3 targets at most. But for a friend of mine he is also seeing the massive power drops even with a single target. Are you using 8 beams by chance? That was the only thing I could spot in his build that was different from mine which could increase the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 62
04-06-2013, 07:48 AM
I've noticed the power drain is much more, but I didn't realize it was shooting 2 beams at once. I thought it would just fire as many beams as I had at random targets, so no more then 8 beams. I equipped a flow console to try to compensate.

What gets me here is that, the Devs spent time on this skill to "fix" it but did not fix it's cooldown. I've sent in game bug reports and a forum post about how this skills cooldown is incorrect when using 2 Beam: Fire at Will skills together. They should go into a 15 second cooldown on the "idle" or 2nd Beam: Fire at Will skill, but instead it goes into a 20 second cooldown. Now Cannon: scatter volley (when 2 are quipped) correctly go into a 15 second cooldown. Alowing a nice skill barrage of Tac Team, BFire at will, APBeta.

As it stands now my 2nd Tac Team and APBeta are ready, but my 2nd Beam Fire at will still has a 5 second cooldown.

So why does Cannon scatter volley work as intended, but Beam Fire at Will some how gets an extra 5 seconds added to it?
Career Officer
# 63
04-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmox64 View Post
They should go into a 15 second cooldown on the "idle" or 2nd Beam: Fire at Will skill, but instead it goes into a 20 second cooldown. Now Cannon: scatter volley (when 2 are quipped) correctly go into a 15 second cooldown. Alowing a nice skill barrage of Tac Team, BFire at will, APBeta.
I'm fairly certain that was added a long time go, back when FaW had 100% accuracy and that it was added to try and control the FaW spam. It would be nice if the CD was dropped to 15 seconds, FaW isn't what it was back then.
Concessimus etiam omnibus liberis hominibus regni nostri, et dedit pro nobis et heredibus nostris in perpetuum, quibus libertates subscriptas, habendas et tenendas eis et heredibus suis de nobis et heredibus nostris in perpetuum.
Career Officer
# 64
04-06-2013, 02:33 PM
5 beams, cutting beam, rom torp, rom experimental beam.. so in theory FAW is only using 5 beams taking power.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Commander
# 65
04-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Like everyone else, I'm glad to see this is just a "bug" and will be fixed. Just the minor inconvenience of parking my cruisers for awhile.

Begs the question though, in testing, did anyone actually fire the thing? Because, as I stated in my earlier post, on the very first use of BFaW, it was extremely obvious something was wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 66
04-07-2013, 01:58 AM
Its obvious they did not. It was on tribble like that
Commander
# 67
04-07-2013, 05:34 AM
Well this is pretty damn annoying. This is about the only spec I like playing in this game. And now I can't even do that. I should just cancel my account until this is fixed. Not really worth paying to play if i'm not having any fun. Why was this not addressed on Tribble and why can this not be hot fixed asap? The least they can do in roll it back to how it was until they can figure it out. Is that to much to ask?
Ensign
# 68
04-07-2013, 02:14 PM
I just did some testing and would like to inform the forums that the experimental romulan plasma beam array is bugged AS WELL

I`ve tested pretty much every configuration (the beam being first, in the middle, last, just 2 beams where there should be NO drain of power due to the way it`s supposed to work whatsoever) and apparently it just works as a standard beam array that invokes the normal power drain when working with other weapons

I really don`t know what`s going on but since the patch my power went to hell along with my dps - as a enjoy flying a beam boat cruiser I`m pretty much locked from the space combat until the next fix
Career Officer
# 69
04-07-2013, 07:46 PM
So it's not just me then? I run a galor beam boat fed side with a double aux2bat build, and I've always been able to keep the power levels above 100 most of the time, and never below 75. After than last patch I've seen it dipping into the 30's and 40's, even with aux2bat and EPW activated.
Career Officer
# 70
04-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Using an Aux to Batt build mitigates the power drain quite well, as does limiting the available targets. In an STF with four or five enemies in range, it's OK. In a starbase fleet defense with twenty or thirty targets, it's not.

However, as an engineer I can run DEM/Dulmur, NI, and EPS back-to-back-to-back along with the A2B cycling and my weapons power pretty much stays at 125 no matter what. It's lovely.