Career Officer
# 1 First Contact Day
04-06-2013, 01:48 AM
I've been unable to pick up the mission from Commander Winters on Utopia Planitia this year. I did complete the mission last year but dumped the phoenix pet, now I can't get a new one. What's the point of the First Contact Celebration if you can't repeat the mission every year? The other special mission "Hearts and Minds" is repeatable, why not this?

Sorry First Contact Day has been a big let down.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
04-06-2013, 07:36 AM
Did you approach Sol System in Sector Space? If you go all the way into ESD, and try to talk to Winters in person, you can't get the mission. You have to beam out, then exit to Sector Space. In Sector Space, approach Sol System, and you'll see the option to Visit Utopia Planetia.
Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
The Armada
www.thebikinibottomarmada.com
Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
Captain
# 3
04-06-2013, 12:29 PM
My FED reward is losing an inventory space?

Really?

I wouldn't even mind if you could put the thing into a device slot, at least.

The KDF Batleth looks cool. The Kah'less one is better, but why shouldn't it be. And it's handy for my lower level characters. Definitely the better end of this deal.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom

Last edited by tsurutafan01; 04-06-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Career Officer
# 4
04-06-2013, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
My FED reward is losing an inventory space?

Really?

I wouldn't even mind if you could put the thing into a device slot, at least.

The KDF Batleth looks cool. The Kah'less one is better, but why shouldn't it be. And it's handy for my lower level characters. Definitely the better end of this deal.
Thanks, tried that. I guess it's a mission that you can only do once in your characters life.
Career Officer
# 5
04-07-2013, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjgee View Post
I've been unable to pick up the mission from Commander Winters on Utopia Planitia this year. I did complete the mission last year but dumped the phoenix pet, now I can't get a new one. What's the point of the First Contact Celebration if you can't repeat the mission every year? The other special mission "Hearts and Minds" is repeatable, why not this?

Sorry First Contact Day has been a big let down.
this is conserning hearts and minds- where, what, who is this mission? I can not find it at all. as for first contact the people who replied is correct about the mission but you can not receive the ship more then once. you only receive skill points and energy points.
Career Officer
# 6
04-07-2013, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by origcaptainquack View Post
this is conserning hearts and minds- where, what, who is this mission?
Every Friday 13th and Halloween, there's this Mission "Hearts and Minds" that you can run.
Career Officer
# 7
04-09-2013, 05:56 PM
I am unable to start the mission either. He simply won't give me the mission dialog box. This is the case on all of my federation characters, even the ones that haven't run the mission in the past.
Career Officer
# 8
04-11-2013, 05:28 AM
Looks like no one figured out what this bug was for us, no reply from support yet even though I opened the ticket last week and the event ends today, lovely.
Career Officer
# 9
04-11-2013, 09:47 AM
I'm so sorry to read this has happened to some of you.

It's also unfortunate that server maintenance countered the final five hours of the First Contact Day event for those who could actually take the mission.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Admiral Quinn was never over ALL of Starfleet << Link
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link