Lieutenant
# 31
04-06-2013, 07:03 PM
Hum...I'm new to the foundry creating, may I ask a few questions?

1) Is there any chance that foundry going to be updated for this challenge to force the players to use a small craft? There will be space fighting in my mission and the story would make absolutely no sense if the player were using a starship ;_; I know I may be asking too much, but maybe just for this challenge...?

2)Can I import exist npc costume into my foundry? Say, I want to use Captain Shon of E-F in my mission, but he can not be found on any of the public map, and I can't find his uniform in the available costume list. Does that mean I can't use him as a npc in my mission?

3)How can I make the story move on after the player get defeated? Like what happened in the spotlight mission "Cause, then effect"? Players ship get killed by a bunch of enemies, after that the story move on to next map instead of repeat the plot, asking players to kill the enemies.

Any response would be appreciated<3
Survivor of Romulus
# 32
04-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciphertuesday View Post
Hum...I'm new to the foundry creating, may I ask a few questions?

1) Is there any chance that foundry going to be updated for this challenge to force the players to use a small craft? There will be space fighting in my mission and the story would make absolutely no sense if the player were using a starship ;_; I know I may be asking too much, but maybe just for this challenge...?

2)Can I import exist npc costume into my foundry? Say, I want to use Captain Shon of E-F in my mission, but he can not be found on any of the public map, and I can't find his uniform in the available costume list. Does that mean I can't use him as a npc in my mission?

3)How can I make the story move on after the player get defeated? Like what happened in the spotlight mission "Cause, then effect"? Players ship get killed by a bunch of enemies, after that the story move on to next map instead of repeat the plot, asking players to kill the enemies.

Any response would be appreciated<3
1) Doubtful

2) You can try to make your own Shron copy. Jupiter uniforms arnt in the foundry yet.

3) Set a respawn point at X location you want the player o move to after he/she dies.
Lieutenant
# 33
04-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
1) Doubtful

2) You can try to make your own Shron copy. Jupiter uniforms arnt in the foundry yet.

3) Set a respawn point at X location you want the player o move to after he/she dies.
I see... I guess Shon have to put on another uniform in my mission then Sorry captain!

You are right, that should work...but if the player accidentally reach the point before they should, are they going to be able to move to next map anyway?

And big thanks!
Commander
# 34
04-07-2013, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
So having the Ask'kaar shoot Justin Bieber is a no no?
You can destroy a ship and have it say Justin Bieber was on board!?

Quote:
I see... I guess Shon have to put on another uniform in my mission then Sorry captain!
You are right, that should work...but if the player accidentally reach the point before they should, are they going to be able to move to next map anyway?
Good examples of both can be found in my Beneath the Raptors Wing Missions, near the start of the first one you get killed and respawn at an isolated part of the map before some dialogue and then next map.
Then in the second mission at the end you are greeted by Shon, it is a lot harder to copy the faces than you realise so have pateince with it mate!

I have my first screenshots people; Pictures: Pitch Black, Inner-Space, Coming Sandstorm, Iberium.
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Last edited by rickysmith1; 04-07-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 35
04-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post

Good examples of both can be found in my Beneath the Raptors Wing Missions, near the start of the first one you get killed and respawn at an isolated part of the map before some dialogue and then next map.
Then in the second mission at the end you are greeted by Shon, it is a lot harder to copy the faces than you realise so have pateince with it mate!

I have my first screenshots people; Pictures: Pitch Black, Inner-Space, Coming Sandstorm, Iberium.
just watched the episode yours is based on. looking forwrd to playing it.
Captain
# 36
04-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Ok, I think I'll participate in this one. I probably won't have time to finish it, but I can't pass up a building challenge.
Lieutenant
# 37
04-09-2013, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post

Thank you! Yeah making Shon's face is quite tough, I will make sure I do my best>_<
Captain
# 38
04-12-2013, 05:44 PM
Lieutenant
# 39
04-13-2013, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
That's beautiful! Which item did you use to build the dock wall?
Captain
# 40
04-13-2013, 03:11 PM
Quote:
That's beautiful! Which item did you use to build the dock wall?
Thanks. You mean the rocks? they are asteroids.