Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,950
# 11
04-06-2013, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Ie a Fed fleet could produce fed fleet ships for Fed characters - or romulan fleet ships for Romulan characters.

why should Romulan character have access to Romulan fleet ships AND Fed fleet ships?

Why the special status?
What's the difference? It's not as though 1 Fleet ship is far superior to another. If a Rom player wants to fly in a KDF Bort or Fed Oddy instead of a Warbird, good for him. You're acting like a Rom player is going to be 10 times more powerful then a Fed or KDF just because he has more potential ship choices. That's not true at all. It's not giving him any more advantage then a Klingon or Federation player. More ships is just more ships, it's not more powerful.

Ultimately, the Lockbox ships are where the true ship power is at, and they will be available to all, just as they always have been.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,292
# 12
04-06-2013, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxinvictus View Post
It looks like the OP got confused and posted a message meant for his own fleet on their own message boards to the general Star Trek Discussion forum.

Because obviously it would be pretty pointless to try to tell every one else what they should do with their fleet.

If my own fleet's leaders tried this kind of lame brain tactic, it would just drive lots of active players to look for a better run fleet. Of course, the leaders of my fleet aren't lame brains, so that's not much of a concern.
So you believe that some members of a fleet should have "exclusive" access to content while others don't?

because that is what you are saying.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 258
# 13
04-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Why should Romulan players have dual access and Fed/Kdf players don't?
I don't know about your fleet, but in mine, the Romulan players will mostly be players who already have fed characters who helped build the fleet.

I'm currently looking for a KDF side fleet, but I definitely wouldn't join one that had such a silly and limited view of the game.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,292
# 14
04-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
What's the difference? It's not as though 1 Fleet ship is far superior to another. If a Rom player wants to fly in a KDF Bort or Fed Oddy instead of a Warbird, good for him. You're acting like a Rom player is going to be 10 times more powerful then a Fed or KDF just because he has more potential ship choices. That's not true at all. It's not giving him any more advantage then a Klingon or Federation player. More ships is just more ships, it's not more powerful.

Ultimately, the Lockbox ships are where the true ship power is at, and they will be available to all, just as they always have been.
cosmic - it's a principled idea - why should Romulans be give dual access to fleet ships while existing faction members are excluded?
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,231
# 15
04-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Why should Romulan players have dual access and Fed/Kdf players don't?
Please explain why not? Makes perfect sense as part of the story that DStahl explained in the recent DevBlog#2. I am not going to copy paste. Here is the link
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
Sign up here:
www.bushrangers.net
Rihannsu
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 258
# 16
04-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
So you believe that some members of a fleet should have "exclusive" access to content while others don't?

because that is what you are saying.
I believe that every one in my fleet should have access to every option they can, because that's what's most fun for the players. I'd probably like to have the option of having Romulan ships for my Fed characters, but I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face and I wouldn't waste my time in a fleet that had such a needlessly spiteful policy.

Who do you really think you'd be punishing with your idea?

I've put over a million fleet credits of stuff into my fleet. We have people who have put 5 million or even 10 million fleet credits of contributions in. It would be pretty silly if they couldn't use the perks that they've well earned.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,950
# 17
04-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
cosmic - it's a principled idea - why should Romulans be give dual access to fleet ships while existing faction members are excluded?
Roms still have to pay $ for Fleet ships like everyone else, so who cares what ship they choose if they're paying for it?

As I've said before, I've spent over $300.00 on ships in this game already. The fact that I don't need to spend hundreds more to play my Rom is a good thing, IMO. This isn't about logic. It's about economics.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,292
# 18
04-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxinvictus View Post
I don't know about your fleet, but in mine, the Romulan players will mostly be players who already have fed characters who helped build the fleet.

I'm currently looking for a KDF side fleet, but I definitely wouldn't join one that had such a silly and limited view of the game.
why is it silly to ask for equality between fleet members?

If Romulans can have access to Fed/Kdf fleet ships - why can't they have access to Romulan fleet ships?

that makes logical sense and is not "silly"
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,975
# 19
04-06-2013, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Why should Romulan players have dual access and Fed/Kdf players don't?
So that those of us who play romulans can put them in whatever ship we so choose at the current point in time. You are not seeing the big picture or the future plan that the current implementation allows for.

Current Situation
You can create a KDF or FED and have access to their respective shipyards.

Post Romulan Situation
You can create KDF or FED and have access to their respective shipyards, or create romulan and have acess to one or the other plus your own romulan/faction ships.

Near/Far Future Situation
You will be able to create a Romulan, Cardassian, Liberated Borg, Tribble etc or FED/KDF and have access to the base shipyard of your chosen side/ally (FED/KDF) and of your personal faction. There remains the possibility that new ships will be released at that point that only FED/KDF 'purists' can use such as race specific ships or a particular ship type.

What they should do/have done
Just like now except keep a few of the ships banned from romulan use such as the bird of prey line, flagships, and possibly racial specific ships like andorian or whatever. So they could use 4 out of 5 FED/KDF ships but not quite all.
Get yer Fleet Gear here!
Military 5 / Engineering 4 / Science 4
Starbase 5 / Embassy 3 / Mine 3 / Spire 3
Diplomacy 3 / Recruit 3 / Trade 3 / Development 3 / Research 3 / Operations 3
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post16435781
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,292
# 20
04-06-2013, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Roms still have to pay $ for Fleet ships like everyone else, so who cares what ship they choose if they're paying for it?

As I've said before, I've spent over $300.00 on ships in this game already. The fact that I don't need to spend hundreds more to play my Rom is a good thing, IMO. This isn't about logic. It's about economics.
see my last post.

you will have to spend more money on new fleet ships - you new rommie toons can't use fleet ship bought on a fed toon.

why can't fed/kdf have access to rommie fleet ships if your shipyard is building them?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:38 PM.