Captain
# 1 Sensor Analysis
04-06-2013, 08:59 PM
Was testing some of the new things on tribble and ran into an issue I hope someone here can clarify.

What all damage exactly does this ability effect? Does it only effect weapon damage, single target abilities, all damage, etc. How does it truly work mechanically?

If no one knows for sure I will do my own testing but just hoping someone here already knows the answer.
Rihannsu
# 2
04-06-2013, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
Was testing some of the new things on tribble and ran into an issue I hope someone here can clarify.

What all damage exactly does this ability effect? Does it only effect weapon damage, single target abilities, all damage, etc. How does it truly work mechanically?

If no one knows for sure I will do my own testing but just hoping someone here already knows the answer.
From http://www.stowiki.org/Ability:_Sensor_Analysis

Quote:
Sensor Analysis is a passive ability of Federation Science Vessels and Klingon Support Vessels. While maintaining a target selection lock on an enemy less than 10km away, a stacking buff to the vessel's weapons and subsystem targeting will build to a maximum of 10 stack over approximately 60 seconds against that target. Each scan stack adds a 3.33% buff, up to a maximum of 33.3%. Switching targets has a very high chance of removing the buff, so changing targets or having sensors jammed will reset the stack.
It effects Weapon Damage, and Subsystem Targeting Attack "Damage". Meaning if you stay on target the full duration you'll Improve how much damage (after resistances) is done to a subsystem from a subsystem targeting attack, and how much weapon damage your weapons deal. I believe it only effects energy Weapon damage. It could also effect Torpedoes, but I don't believe it does.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Commander
# 3
04-07-2013, 12:47 AM
it increases all damage done by you.
boff powers, consoles, weapons.
Captain
# 4
04-07-2013, 01:53 AM
Too bad the everpresent placates reset it.
Captain
# 5
04-07-2013, 01:56 AM
Woot first two replies and the contradict each other. Oh well guess I have to find out the slow boring way, testing.
Captain
# 6
04-07-2013, 02:01 AM
I'm pretty sure it affects all weapon fire, including torpedoes and mines. The tooltip on subsystem powers says it get's bonus, but thats hard to confirm. I do not think it affects science powers like TBR, but I must admit I never particulary looked on that one.
Career Officer
# 7
04-07-2013, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
Woot first two replies and the contradict each other. Oh well guess I have to find out the slow boring way, testing.
In Star Trek Online, this is the only way to ever really figure something out.

Empire Veteran
# 8
04-07-2013, 10:44 AM
My brief tests also say that when placates became common, this ability became worthless.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Captain
# 9
04-07-2013, 07:50 PM
which is why it was said that placates were a nerf to science.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 10
04-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
which is why it was said that placates were a nerf to science.
And VD started doing all those posts about the need for pseudo to-hit rolls of sorts on Science abilities and the like...

...because...

Tom with 9 Sensors, Sensors gear out the wahzoo, etc, etc, etc - should not have his Tractor Beam broken by Jerry with 0 CMS, no CMS gear, using a 25 Aux JS1, etc, etc, etc.

/cough

Though, since then - I have to admit that I did a respec, traded Emergency Secondary Shielding for Sensor Targeting Assault...and if I don't have APO/PH/JS etc, etc, etc handy - well, I just shoot them to break the tractor. With how high CrtH is in the game now - you've got a pretty decent chance of breaking it and anything else.

/cough
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin