Ensign
# 1 TOS klingons
04-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Sorry if this should rather go into the c-store subforum but I so want and I would so pay to have klingon augments as a playable race then i would totally reroll (even with rom expansion) klingon faction. Others would buy too... Feds get all kinds of TOS love, why not Klingons? maybe through pack: klingon augments as playable race(or unlock character creator options for regular klingon species that allow TOS klingons), TOS klingon female costumes, some gorn stuff like costume or a boulder as a melee weapon, D7 skin, and a tribble hunting rifle and call it a day
Career Officer
# 2
04-07-2013, 12:43 AM
I already bought the TOS bundle fed side, I would so buy one Klingon side if one was out there... *waves credit card in the air*

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Captain
# 3
04-07-2013, 01:15 AM
Why would any self-respecting Klingon want to look like that? It was a shameful chapter in Klingon history.

If you want to look like an 'augment', just roll a human and give it brown skin. Some features from TOS (many features, if I had my way) should be left in the 60's where they belong.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
04-07-2013, 01:16 AM
Tos Klingons are the Real Klingon stock

the Lumpy head version is a result of Tortoises and super glue
Empire Veteran
# 5
04-07-2013, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanfrominus View Post
Sorry if this should rather go into the c-store subforum but I so want and I would so pay to have klingon augments as a playable race then i would totally reroll (even with rom expansion) klingon faction. Others would buy too... Feds get all kinds of TOS love, why not Klingons? maybe through pack: klingon augments as playable race(or unlock character creator options for regular klingon species that allow TOS klingons), TOS klingon female costumes, some gorn stuff like costume or a boulder as a melee weapon, D7 skin, and a tribble hunting rifle and call it a day
The Klingon augments were an experiment (failed) and there was only a handful of them. The disease they carried infected millions of Klingons and created the TOS Klingons. So I don't see the point of having a playable race that died out weeks after it was created... If all you want is a TOS Klingon with dreads than the AlienGen is your friend
Empire Veteran
# 6
04-07-2013, 05:32 AM
I think the smooth forehead option should be an option for Klingons, just for those who really want it. It shouldn't be too hard I would imagine, considering smooth heads are already in the game for various species.

I do think the female TOS uniform should be added either to the Fed TOS pack or a free unlock or something for KDF players. I'd also like to see perhaps Gorwon's cloak and the Duras sisters uniforms added, perhaps they could be added for max Maraudering like how the Feds get that overly bright white uniform.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"

Last edited by majesticmsfc; 04-08-2013 at 02:58 AM.
Career Officer
# 7
04-07-2013, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trygvar13 View Post
The Klingon augments were an experiment (failed) and there was only a handful of them. The disease they carried infected millions of Klingons and created the TOS Klingons. So I don't see the point of having a playable race that died out weeks after it was created... If all you want is a TOS Klingon with dreads than the AlienGen is your friend
Well, to be fair I think zanfrominus does not mean augmented Klingons but does not know how to refer to them in any other way aside from TOS Klingons or augments.
Very few people around here are familiar with the term QuchHa'.

There are two interesting things to consider: even after the supposed "fix" for the effects of the augment virus, there were still some strange variations among the Klingons.
For example Klaa from Star Trek V has the familiar Klingon crest but a human looking chest
While Kurn in "Sons of Mogh" has a completely different chest.
So it appears there are still Klingons around who have only a "reconstructed" crest but are still QuchHa'.
It's possible the "fix" B'vat brought to the past does not work on all of them.
Perhaps after a generation or two some of then changes have become dominant in some of the Klingon offspring and can't be "treated away.
And of course there's ample evidence in the Fed campaign that the Klingons are still experimenting with augmentation of some sort.
Captain
# 8
04-08-2013, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Well, to be fair I think zanfrominus does not mean augmented Klingons but does not know how to refer to them in any other way aside from TOS Klingons or augments.
Very few people around here are familiar with the term QuchHa'.

There are two interesting things to consider: even after the supposed "fix" for the effects of the augment virus, there were still some strange variations among the Klingons.
For example Klaa from Star Trek V has the familiar Klingon crest but a human looking chest
While Kurn in "Sons of Mogh" has a completely different chest.
So it appears there are still Klingons around who have only a "reconstructed" crest but are still QuchHa'.
It's possible the "fix" B'vat brought to the past does not work on all of them.
Perhaps after a generation or two some of then changes have become dominant in some of the Klingon offspring and can't be "treated away.
And of course there's ample evidence in the Fed campaign that the Klingons are still experimenting with augmentation of some sort.
I'm familiar with the term QuchHa'

The augment virus' effects were a mark of great dishonor upon the families that were cursed with it. I see no reason why we should have it in-game in such a manner.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-10-2013, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanfrominus View Post
Oh come on. TOS klingons are just guys in blackface with fake fu-manchu 'staches glued on.
Career Officer
# 10
04-10-2013, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by istvaanshogaatsu View Post
Oh come on. TOS klingons are just guys in blackface with fake fu-manchu 'staches glued on.
3 words why TOS klingon are cool: Kor, Kang, Koloth...

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)