Survivor of Romulus
# 1 State of the...
04-07-2013, 07:29 AM
Leonard Nimoy currently narrates "State of the Federation." Because the KDF were the later-start faction, they didn't have a "State of the Empire", but it seems reasonable that they'd need it. And there's speculation over Denise Crosby narrating the Romulan introduction.

My suggestion, then is...
Michael Dorn as Worf, narrating "State of the Empire."
Career Officer
# 2
04-07-2013, 07:38 AM
I support this! OR Christopher Plummer who Played Change in STVI, The Undiscovered Country!
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Commander
# 3
04-07-2013, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teklionbenrasha View Post
Leonard Nimoy currently narrates "State of the Federation." Because the KDF were the later-start faction, they didn't have a "State of the Empire", but it seems reasonable that they'd need it. And there's speculation over Denise Crosby narrating the Romulan introduction.

My suggestion, then is...
Michael Dorn as Worf, narrating "State of the Empire."
But Worf is a total loaf.

I suggest Jeffrey Combs to narrate all "States of the [Faction]" from this day forward. Command Shran the Fourteenth telling us about the state of the Federation makes about as much sense as Spock. Weyoun could narrate "State of the Dominion." Liquidator Brunt would be the clear choice for "State of the Ferengi Economy." And for "State of the Empire..." huh, I don't think Combs ever played a Klingon.

For "State of the Empire" we'll have to compromise on our integrity and get Jeffrey Combs to do his best Christopher Lloyd impression.
Career Officer
# 4
04-07-2013, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermbot View Post
But Worf is a total loaf.

I suggest Jeffrey Combs to narrate all "States of the [Faction]" from this day forward. Command Shran the Fourteenth telling us about the state of the Federation makes about as much sense as Spock. Weyoun could narrate "State of the Dominion." Liquidator Brunt would be the clear choice for "State of the Ferengi Economy." And for "State of the Empire..." huh, I don't think Combs ever played a Klingon.

For "State of the Empire" we'll have to compromise on our integrity and get Jeffrey Combs to do his best Christopher Lloyd impression.
Although, it would be hilariously awesome if the State of the Empire VO was just Lloyd's "GET OUT" line over and over again.
Lieutenant
# 5
04-07-2013, 08:17 AM
Christopher Allen Lloyd, aka Dr. Emmett "Doc" Brown and Commander Kruge, is alive & perfectly capable of doing his own voice work. Just sayin'.
Captain
# 6
04-07-2013, 08:26 AM
BAH...

Tony Todd aka. Kurn is the obvious choice over all the above... His story telling voice is 10x more powerful than any of the ones mentioned above... They fade in comparison.

Just watch the DS9 episode "The Visitor".
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Empire Veteran
# 7
04-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
BAH...

Tony Todd aka. Kurn is the obvious choice over all the above... His story telling voice is 10x more powerful than any of the ones mentioned above... They fade in comparison.

Just watch the DS9 episode "The Visitor".
Agreed,

Tony Todd has a powerful voice and I'm sure he would be quite reasonable with his compensation request.
Rihannsu
# 8
04-07-2013, 08:52 AM
Michael Dorn might be too expensive for Cryptic
# 9
04-07-2013, 08:53 AM
J.G. Hertzler (doubt they could afford him)

nuff said
Captain
# 10
04-07-2013, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstamo01 View Post
J.G. Hertzler (doubt they could afford him)

nuff said
He's kinda dead STO wise... Then again.. Guess technically so is Spock (more or less... him being in a paralell universe and all).
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos