Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 21
# 1 Andorian ships too weak ?
04-07-2013, 12:36 AM
Hello all,

I just wonder if you have the same problem , if there is a bug or something, i got MACO , Aegis, and borg space set, but iam like paper in STF's or PvP, my tact,engi or sci toons are allmost the same,i get destroy very easy on STF's,i have try almost everything,from change skills,talents or items, field generators,Neutronium Alloys, shield skills or hull skills, not diferent att all, iam like inside a nebula without shields all the time,do you guys got the same problem ? its suppost to be like this ? do you have any tips ?

Thanks all in advance .
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 552
# 2
04-07-2013, 12:44 AM
Which variant? What boff layout? What console layout? Also wrong subforum.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 21
# 3
04-07-2013, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcademaster View Post
Which variant? What boff layout? What console layout? Also wrong subforum.

All 3 variants, like i say i have try with all shield skills,or hull skills + tac team with all of them, with all 3 ships variants and with all toons, sci,tac,engi. I have try with full Neutronium Alloy + Field Generators consoles , engi tank talents etc,still the same.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 4
04-07-2013, 01:04 AM
He's probably talking about the Kumari one, that's the really paper-thin one. The others can tank at least as well as any other escort.

The tankier ones are basically 2-3 turnpoints and a tac console slot from being ridiculous like the JHAS.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,329
# 5
04-07-2013, 03:48 AM
To tank in the Kumari you want to be an Engineer. You need to have high defense rating and KEEP MOVING. You stop and you die. From there you just need to be skilled in your setup and your heals. Example of my Kumari.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,691
# 6
04-07-2013, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasukurobi View Post
To tank in the Kumari you want to be an Engineer. You need to have high defense rating and KEEP MOVING. You stop and you die. From there you just need to be skilled in your setup and your heals. Example of my Kumari.
nice video

i always wondered why cryptic made the wing cannon platforms always facing the target but only firing with the wing cannons...never made much sense and still doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,379
# 7
04-07-2013, 04:14 AM
From the description on the webpage: "glass cannon".

Could'n be more describing...
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,701
# 8
04-07-2013, 05:36 AM
Weak? Lets just say I wish all fed players owned one for pvp
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 438
# 9
04-07-2013, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by constellus View Post
Hello all,

I just wonder if you have the same problem , if there is a bug or something, i got MACO , Aegis, and borg space set, but iam like paper in STF's or PvP, my tact,engi or sci toons are allmost the same,i get destroy very easy on STF's,i have try almost everything,from change skills,talents or items, field generators,Neutronium Alloys, shield skills or hull skills, not diferent att all, iam like inside a nebula without shields all the time,do you guys got the same problem ? its suppost to be like this ? do you have any tips ?

Thanks all in advance .
I'd say make sure your engine power is high enough. If you have it set at 25 your defense will be shoddy. Also, I wouldn't use the assimilated set on it, the regeneration is wasted on a ship that is quick in combat. The MACO is a good hull sparing shield, and the the Covarient ones work pretty well for escorts too (not so much cruisers or science ships though).

Apart from that, remember that it does have 5 forward weapons, it's bound to be more fragile for game balance sake.
Great News!

It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,494
# 10
04-07-2013, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Apart from that, remember that it does have 5 forward weapons, it's bound to be more fragile for game balance sake.
The thing is that it really isn't really brittle or fragile, at least not more than any other Fed escorts. The Charal got better hull, better turn-rate same shields and a more defensive Boff & console setup than the Patrol escort, MVAE, Armitage or even Fleet Defiant...

Imho, the only real "glass-cannons" we have ingame are BoPs, the Aquarius and perhaps the Escort Refit.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:13 AM.