Career Officer
# 11
04-05-2013, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
Someone once asked zone chat to explain the Academy Event to them while it was going on and I quoted the game's suggestion to "Ask Professor Mayer for details"
I usually tell people its a frat prank gone awry.

"Look at all the pretty lights!"

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Career Officer
# 12
04-07-2013, 06:21 AM
Ive had a few people put me on ignore, its mostly if I where to messup in a queued mission, or stand up for someone being chewed out for messing up. Same old story, they loose thier minds curse and call names then put everyone on ignore before u can ask if they are ok.

When they do this, I always pictured Rainman slapping himself in the head screaming. "Keep that in mind next time you feel like loosing yours!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZXNMs8D-Ow <---(caution cursing)
Maquis resistance - Fighting against PWE Tyranny (clip)
Glasses that see the truth, are never rose colored
How Picard dealt with ARC_STO Feedback_ARC Wars time capsule__Every episode of TNG if written by STO
Captain
# 13
04-07-2013, 06:35 AM
Muted for asking on zone chat for an invite to the dilfarmX chat channel. While some troll topic was just scrolling away.

User control chat is really just terrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Career Officer
# 14
04-07-2013, 07:28 AM
I licked a tribble at Quark's....
I miss my _.
Career Officer
# 15
04-07-2013, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
Remember the winter event when chat was full of people spamming offers to buy and sell Bajoran Gratitude Beads?

Somebody I know kinda well was pleading with people to use the exchange or at least take it to the trading channel.

I sarcastically typed "EXCHANGE LOL WUTS THAT"

Got ignored by at least three different people.
I think I actually remember this!! No, I wasn't one of the people who ignored you though.

I was ignored once by a spawn camper who attacked me me from behind as I materialized. I hit the subspace jumper appeared behind him and destroyed him accordingly with a single cannon/turret fleet excel build (green quality weapons no less). He f'd and blinded me in a private chat and added me to his ignore list. Go figure!
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)

Last edited by bugspatteredjack; 04-07-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Captain
# 16
04-07-2013, 07:43 AM
As I can't play the game, I'll post an RL example...

To set the scene... Last summer, my wife and I were invited to one of her loser friend's wedding... The bride is a whiny ***** who complains about everything in her life, despite having opportunities that most people would kill for, and the groom is a complete D-Bag who serves in the navy, so fortunately, never around much, but when he is, only ever condescends to her friends who work in retail. Total ****nut, and the kind of person I doubt anyone would miss if he was to go overboard on maneuvers... Anyway, I went along as it was something to do for a day, and promised free food and drink ^_^ Jump forward a few months, and the Bride is moaning on facebook (again) about how much her life sucks. Feeling in a generous mood, I thought I would actually bite and ask her what was wrong, only for my message to be seen, and then ignored. I wouldn't have minded if she'd replied and just said "I'd rather not talk about it," but to post up statuses trolling for sympathy, and then ignore an enquiry, that really pissed me off... I wouldn't've minded if I'd've asked if her groom was tasty with his fists or if she liked it kinky, but it was literally just an enquiry, so to be ignored for that, yeah, that was probably the funniest thing I've been ignored for...
Captain
# 17
04-07-2013, 08:03 AM
For saying "hi" to someone by pm. Seriously.

Also was perm muted in the STORP.org channel for asking, "anyone here who like to found, lead a fleet with me and stay?"

I observed the arrogant conversations they were having on their own for a while after that - overheard one user there mention "don't know and don't care, put him on ignore anyway" - and have to say for the record, it's the rudest channel I've encountered so far.
Have game questions? Struggling with build help? Need a mission team? Ask the help channel!
/channel_join XTERN1TY
For game/build help & discussion, ISE/PvE/Story mission teaming, borg sector space/doff assignment/accolade notifications, & free T3-T5 starbase/holding invites.
Career Officer
# 18
04-07-2013, 08:12 AM
Me Again!

I was invited randomly by three folks for a PVP match in sector space. Noticed when i warped in it was me against three! Again, uncharacteristically I was in my Fleet Excel cannon/turret build. Wiped them out, one leaves, ignores me. Two return, wipe them out, another leaves, ignores me. Finally, the last guy comes at me in his Bassy and we play "chicken". He gets wiped out, leaves, and ignores me.

Funny!
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Captain
# 19
04-07-2013, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
As I can't play the game, I'll post an RL example...

To set the scene... Last summer, my wife and I were invited to one of her loser friend's wedding... The bride is a whiny ***** who complains about everything in her life, despite having opportunities that most people would kill for, and the groom is a complete D-Bag who serves in the navy, so fortunately, never around much, but when he is, only ever condescends to her friends who work in retail. Total ****nut, and the kind of person I doubt anyone would miss if he was to go overboard on maneuvers... Anyway, I went along as it was something to do for a day, and promised free food and drink ^_^ Jump forward a few months, and the Bride is moaning on facebook (again) about how much her life sucks. Feeling in a generous mood, I thought I would actually bite and ask her what was wrong, only for my message to be seen, and then ignored. I wouldn't have minded if she'd replied and just said "I'd rather not talk about it," but to post up statuses trolling for sympathy, and then ignore an enquiry, that really pissed me off... I wouldn't've minded if I'd've asked if her groom was tasty with his fists or if she liked it kinky, but it was literally just an enquiry, so to be ignored for that, yeah, that was probably the funniest thing I've been ignored for...

Typical with people. You need to know only one thing... if she ignored you, means you aren't high on her "Men I masturbate to" list.
Have game questions? Struggling with build help? Need a mission team? Ask the help channel!
/channel_join XTERN1TY
For game/build help & discussion, ISE/PvE/Story mission teaming, borg sector space/doff assignment/accolade notifications, & free T3-T5 starbase/holding invites.
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
04-07-2013, 08:26 AM
As I am fleet leader in both my Fed and Kdf fleets I was put on ignore by someone demanding to know why I would want to stay with my own fleet when I could join theirs. I politely explained that I enjoy my fleets, even though they're small, and thanked them anyway for the invite. BAM! Ignored.