Lt. Commander
# 81
04-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernandojimenez View Post
Ok, its a necro but Cryptic/PWE should give a try to the KDF Kumari pack version. They can get a big surprise with KDF buyers .
Qo nos class destroyers.

NIIIIICEE
Rihannsu
# 82
04-07-2013, 12:38 PM
It's sad that that Bortasqu is used as a benchmark for the success of KDF ships. This flagship is outperformed in every area by any other T5 ship. Why would most players want to buy it?

Who thought that KDF players, who are used to having nimble, high turn rate cruisers, would want a space whale? Or maybe put a different way: if KDF players are going to fly a space whale, why wouldn't they fly a Voquv?
Lt. Commander
# 83
04-07-2013, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxinvictus View Post
It's sad that that Bortasqu is used as a benchmark for the success of KDF ships. This flagship is outperformed in every area by any other T5 ship. Why would most players want to buy it?

Who thought that KDF players, who are used to having nimble, high turn rate cruisers, would want a space whale? Or maybe put a different way: if KDF players are going to fly a space whale, why wouldn't they fly a Voquv?
Maybe because the Bortas line of ships look ( and i mean LOOK) very intimidating.
its all about looks these days.
Captain
# 84
04-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Quote:

Judging from the sheer numbers of other KDF C-Store ships, especially the Guramba, the Fleet Ships like the Fleet Torkhat/Vor'Cha, there's no excuse for Cryptic to slack off on more KDF ships.

Cryptic can't expect to see too much money from other factions, to include the upcoming Romulan faction, if their work and effort into them are half a**ed. They've slacked off on the KDF for 3 years, and now the upcoming Romulans aren't even half the faction that the KDF was from the beginning of STO.
Rihannsu
# 85
04-07-2013, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glados122 View Post
Maybe because the Bortas line of ships look ( and i mean LOOK) very intimidating.
its all about looks these days.
The JHAS looks about as scary as wet noodle, but it's maybe the most in demand ship in the game.

I think we can safely say that while looks might matter for initial sales, it's performance that matters in the long run.

Last edited by voxinvictus; 04-07-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Commander
# 86
04-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Quote:

Exactly. I was excited about the Bortasqu but after trying it on Tribble I was shocked at how bad it was, the consoles themselves are useless aside from maybe the BoP and the 3 console bonus is rather bad too. I shrugged and went back to holodeck and stuck with my Vo'Quv, at least it's useful.

But I think what really makes the Bortasqu so bad in the eyes of a lot of people is that it's utter junk compared to the Odyssey, which it's supposed to be the equal of. The Odyssey console set is nice and 2 out of 3 of the individual consoles are also good, the Aquarius being the odd one out.